[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spying/Bugging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: camera[1].jpg (87KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
camera[1].jpg
87KB, 480x360px
So I think my aunts house is bugged with a cam or recording device.

Every time my aunt goes out this acquaintance of hers seems to know where she is. Now this guy has fixed stuff for us before so I think he might have something in out attic or walls. Might be some software on her laptop? Who knows. What Im asking is if /g/ has any experience with these devices or sniffing out said devices.
>>
>>52385859
if she has a smartphone that's the easiest way to track someone
>>
>>52385981

I would guess but she switched phones a little while ago which rules that out .
>>
>>52385859
its quite difficult to bug a house. the bug requires three things. hardware, communication, and electricity. batteries need to be changed, or the device can be wired up to mains, requiring a power transformer, the easiest way to do this is to plug it into a wall, installing it in an electronic device, or installing it in the roof, using the exposed wiring there.

communication can be through wireless transmission, or by someone collecting a memory device. its possible to use mains electricity or a telephone wire to transmit data over, but the person would have to have access to another point in the line, and this is very difficult.

if they cant reguarly access the house (when she is at home or out), then its connected to mains power, and using wireless communication. you can scan for rf signal using a scanner. the other way to check is to look where a device may be installed. check the wiring in the roof, check power points, and perhaps check inside electronic devices that are always plugged in and turned on.

>>52385981
smartphones would be the easiest way.

aside from looking for the device, which you may not find, you could monitor activity. this would invade her privacy, so its something she needs to do. get her to keep a log of where and when she goes out, and where and when she meets the aquaintance, and what they talk about. it may just show to be coincidence.

finding out where they meet can help identify other options. maybe someone is letting the person know, which would only happen at few location, or perhaps someone can tell when she is leaving the house, and could guess where she is going

if she was part of any groups that could be involved, and no longer is, make sure these groups officially know that she wants them to leave her alone, and make sure they inform everyone that could be involved.
>>
>>52386471
does she use andriod?

you can track andriod phones if you know the password of the persons google account.
>>
>>52386641

The best info I can offer you is that this has occurred over months. Whatever he planted doesnt seem to have limited power. He may have had internet access but we did transfer services so whatever is being collected is not through wifi. Also they havent spoke in months so he hasnt has free access to the house. But he DID do attic/roof work.

I will look into an rf scanner, thank you!
>>
>>52386745

And no, windows phone :/

She still uses gmail though so Ill probably tell her to change her password.
>>
Tracking where a hidden camera is is easy
presumably she would use a cam with night vision
so wait till it's dark, turn out all the lights
now use another camera to look for infrared light
>>
>>52386757
the roof work seems like the first place to check. make sure you know how to walk in a roof, and know about not touching exposed wires. identify and check all electrical wires for things plugged into them.

keeping a log can be more effective, as it helps determine if it is a problem, and give other ideas of how she might be spied upon, just make sure to keep the log secure somehow
>>
>>52386837
these need ir illuminators, which need to be exposed to work, making the camera easier to find. a hidden camera wouldnt use ir illuminators, but it is a fantasic idea
>>
/ohm/ here, if you have a coat hanger, an arduino (or dome microcontroller), and an led you can make a makeshift gauss meter and sweep for electromagnetic signals. Transducers, as found in bugs, usually have very very loud electromagnetic signals. Keep in mind, so does your mains so pay attention to where you're sweeping with it.
>>
>>52385859
This , my friend , is a cool post. Everybody here is giving ideas, without offending or insulting eachother.

Btw, it's a good idea to check behind light switch and power "holes" ( dunno how to call them)
>>
>>52386757
>but we did transfer services so whatever is being collected is not through wifi.
You can't prove that without analysing the airwaves, just because it might not be using the houses wireless network doesn't mean it isn't broadcasting it's own or hell, using the neighbors.
Theres also bluetooth to consider.
>>
>>52387008
The problem is that also power adapters and switches produce a good amount of emfields, i'm not sure arduino would be able to distinguish a light cable from a hidden camera... but i don't no, i'm not the best electrician...
Cool idea btw
>>
As said earlier in the thread, still check the phone or check if it makes sense a person she talks too has a hacked phone.

For bugs, check if you can get a scanner, a SDR or a frequency counter. This enables you to detect RF. With most common bugs you need to be close to listen, so if somebody is keeping track he/she is probably nearby often.
>>
>>52386868
oh, along with the logging, try to note what might give away where she is going, but if her habits were watched for a while (if this guy knows where she is, he may well have watched enough) there is a good chance to guess.

also consider motive, and the attitude of the person. would they dedicate this much time to do this?

a bug can be very risky. if its found, its very obvious that she is being spied upon. keeping a log can help identify any forms of spying. once again, it is much more likely to be coincidence
>>
>>52387071

Great call, dont know why I didnt think of it.
>>
does she post about every moment of her day on social media like most women do?
>>
>>52387618

What really gives it off is that he managed to know she was in the hospital despite being moved there discretely and before her kids knew. HUGE red flag.
>>
>>52387101
The idea is to pick up the emf noise generated by the microphone, if there is one. Transducers are very very noisy and arduinos have a pretty good built in ADC. Assuming you had a few LEDS on hand, it'd give you a pretty good ballpark. Set the emf from mains as about your halfway point on your scale and you can use that to look for irregularities. The coat hanger might need a pull up resistor, but it should work with very little parts.

I've made one before when I was looking for live wires during field work, principle should be the same.
>>
OP is just noided desu
>>
I actually have one of these wireless bug/camera finders.
I got it when I was into RC helicopters cause it made adjusting the cameras on them easy in the field.
What ever it finds comes up on the screen. They can be pretty expensive though.
If you walk around with it you wind up picking up people's security cameras and baby monitors which is really creepy.
>>
File: Wireless-Camera-Finder.jpg (26KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
Wireless-Camera-Finder.jpg
26KB, 650x482px
>>52388275
>>
Confront the guy, it's very obvious that he is tracking your aunt somehow.
>>
If she lives in a neighborhood its also possible he has enlisted the help of a neighbor to spy.
>>
>>52388322
le fun post
>>
>>52388322

Hes a dopey guy, Ill just wait for the next time he tries coming over and Ill break his legs.

Hue
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.