[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outlook just added a nag bar that takes up a portion of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: FwyLHVM.png (7KB, 166x857px) Image search: [Google]
FwyLHVM.png
7KB, 166x857px
Outlook just added a nag bar that takes up a portion of your screen in the inbox when it detects you are using an adblocker.
>inb4 using Outlook

I still have a hotmail address with hundreds of accounts attached to it, I think it's time to get a new email provider or just start using a mail client. Seriously, fuck Micro$oft.
>>
why are you using web apps? native apps are usually much better
>>
>mfw I used my adblock to disable the nag bar
>>
>>52382184
>using Outlook
>>
File: oow.jpg (72KB, 1366x726px) Image search: [Google]
oow.jpg
72KB, 1366x726px
Are you talking about that bar on the right? Mine doesn't say anything. And it has been there forever afaik.
>>
>>52382248
What do you use? Gmail? Top keke

outlook>all
>>
>>52382184
use cock.li.
>>
File: XQnpuGw.png (31KB, 1920x857px) Image search: [Google]
XQnpuGw.png
31KB, 1920x857px
>>52382255
>>
>>52382293
Why is your page different? Looks better than mine
>>
>>52382184
>2015+1
>not using uBlock
Your fault, really. Also, get a proper mail client.
>>
>>52382405
ublock is slow and it tracks you. Invest in a Mac with innovative content blocking technlogy
>>
>>52382413
...I obviously meant uBlock Origin, but both of them are FOSS and do not track you like ABP does, and they never slow the browser down. Whereas Apple did not invent anything, they keep stealing others' ideas and pretend they invented it.
>>
>>52382452
traditional content blockers are slow as fuck. Apple content blockers don't slow down browsing at all, and it is impossible to be tracked.
http://blog.appgrounds.com/content-blockers-beat-adblocking/
>>
>>52382496
Batshit. uBlock0 blocks loading ads, ABP blocks displaying of ads. If you block a whole ad hosting, eg doubleclick.net, there will be no traffic between you and the ad hosting if the page you visit contains ads from that ad hosting. That said, uBlock0 works the same as this new apple adblock.

Also, they're "inventing" something other browsers already have. Tree style tabs when?
>>
>>52382687
traditional adblockers slow down javascript. the only reason they can overall speed up browsing is because you aren't loading the ads

Safari content blockers have zero effect on javascript speed, while still preventing ads from loading, and eliminating the risk of adblockers tracking you. plus they use less memory and less battery. deal w/ it nerd
>>
>>52382748
Apple being "innovative" again. Okay, we'll see how this turns out. Maybe one day Safari will we able to do half as much as Chrome, let alone Firefox.
>>
>>52382184
is that like a webmail thing? why not just use thunderbird?
>>
>>52382980
I don't know honestly. I've just been doing so for years out of habit and no real incentive to change.
>>
>>52382184
>>52382293
I use uBlock Origin and I don't have that bar.
>>
>>52382997
I still get the empty space where the bar is with uBlock Origin.
>>
>>52383019
Go into the element blocker again and check which element did you block. Perhaps you blocked the content instead of the whole placeholder. Or perhaps you have "leave placeholder space" in your uBlock0 settings.
>>
>using webapps

>right click
>block element
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.