[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm about to go for a degree in cyber security and i want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: javafordummies.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
javafordummies.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
i'm about to go for a degree in cyber security and i want to get a head start on programming. i learnt a little bit on java a few years ago, with the help of pic related. i want to get back into it, what's the best way for a beginner to pick up java?
>>
>cyber security
>Java

No.
>>
>>52379420
>public static void AbstractImplicationFactoryBeanGeneratorManagerFactory
>>
>>52379346
Please, just stay away. There are enough stupid fucking security people now.
>>
thanks for the help faggots
>>
Anon, if you're doing security, you need to learn C. You also need to be good at C. You'll also need to know some assembly. Why? Shell code, that's why.

You can play with Java after you've at least gotten a good grasp of C.
>>
I would just skip to assembly language, you need to know the computer inside and out

Java ain't gonna help ya
>>
i'm pentester, and security architect.
In my work the most commonly used is Python for fast script shit, and C++
>>
>>52379346
The best way is fukken www.udacity.com they have tons of Java programming from beginner to more difficult and it's all free (except the nanodegrees.) they also have tons of stuff in Android development with Java. Considering you might need to know some mobile phone security it might not be a bad way to exercise your java skills and good thing to have on a github account when applying for jobs (always save stuff you program, even exercises on a github account for future employment)

But I am going to tell you something now that you really should listen to. Udacity.com has a course called "introduction to computer science 101" which is a hidden treasure. You might think you know what they show in a introductory course, but this course is something completely different, it is a course in python which might not interest you, but you are going to learn tons from the great lectures and challenging exercises (where you can look at the answer if you get stuck and then code. Which is perfectly fine, they give you more opportunities to apply what you learn) you are going to learn lots that you can apply to other languages. Even if you know a little, the only downside is that the beginning is repetition for you.
>>
Check out cybrary.it for a head start
>>
As someone also in first year of school for networking/ cyber security, I am interested
>>
>>52380306
www.professormesser.com, just check everything. Every thing might be useful, even the hardware stuff in the A+ vids. There are also videos that show what you should know in some of the most popular networking and security certifications.
>>
>>52379346
>what is python
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.