[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to use a blacklisted samsung galaxy s6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: SM-G920IZKATCE-403979-0.jpg (395KB, 1920x1026px) Image search: [Google]
SM-G920IZKATCE-403979-0.jpg
395KB, 1920x1026px
Guys I bought a new phone, used it for a couple of days and then got no signal.
Apparently it has been reported as stolen or lost by the guy that sold it to me.
Any ideas of what I can do?
>>
>>52377671
OK James, give it back.
>>
gibj
>>
>>52377671
go back to your designated street rejeet
>>
>>52377671
Give it back, bill
>>
>>52377671
Return the man's phone, jessica
>>
>>52377671
If you bought it through some online outlet, report and complain.

If it was cash in a parking lot, give up, and get rid of it asap.

If you are Jamal, give it back.
>>
>>52377671
Ship it back, Brian.
>>
File: post_image2.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
post_image2.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
This happened to me too but with a note 4, except I was in worse luck because it was broken when I bought it, about a week later after I got the repair parts and fixed it it was reported stolen sometime while I waited for the parts.
Pic related I bought a skin for it. Currently using it as a second device
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>52377671
i've purposely bought blacklisted phones for cameras/music players/vidya

thats what you can use it for now. or parts. but desu a device on airplane alongside a device solely for calls and texts is a pretty solid game plan.

alternately sell it to some sap and get your muns back
>>
Couldn't you root and flash a custom ROM or something? Or would even stuff like that not get through the blacklist?
>>
lol the 'give it back' posts had white names
>>
>>52377671

Can IMEI be changed on modern devices?
>>
Well coming from someone that works with cellphones these can be fixed, just have to know where to look.
>>
>>52379212
How would someone on /g/ know?
>>
>>52379212

Yes, they can, and no it's not illegal in the US - there is no current Federal or state law in place that makes it illegal to alter/change an IMEI but everyone is and always has been under the imrpression it's illegal.

Every time legislation comes out to make it actually illegal to change an IMEI/ESN on a cell phone, the bill gets killed in committees and never even get voted on let alone make it to the President's desk to be signed into law.

But it's not an easy thing to do, and requires some very specific software for a given device - there's no one piece of software that can just change an IMEI/ESN on any fucking device. Some devices just can't be altered, like BlackBerry devices because they're registered with BlackBerry along with the PIN for each one - changing the IMEI/ESN wouldn't change the PIN (which can't be altered) because it ties it to whatever BlackBerry account exists for that PIN.

But no, it ain't illegal here in the US to change an IMEI/ESN, just difficult to do. Don't know about other countries and I don't give a fuck either.
>>
>>52379458
Any IMEI on android devices can be changed if you have the right contacts and an equivalent replacement IMEI to slip in.

It's illegal in some countries (like NZ, our telco companies went to great lengths to implement a blacklisting system that works between each other) while not so in others. We do it under the radar and tell our customers that their devices have an issue with the network chip or antenna or some bullshit like that.

Not possible to do on iPhones/iPads though, it'll fail Apples verification at activation when the IMEI doesn't match the serial in their data base.
>>
File: BespokePublications.jpg (112KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
BespokePublications.jpg
112KB, 640x300px
???
>>
>>52380200
Profit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.