[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think humans are primiative? I've come to the pessimistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (11KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 400x266px
Do you think humans are primiative? I've come to the pessimistic realization that we're no smarter than animals. I mean really, the only thing separating us from apes is our language and electricity. Without these two things, where would we be?
>>
Those are pretty big separation factors.
>>
>>52377309
>I've come to the pessimistic realization that we're no smarter than animals
Well clearly you're not.
>>
>>52377309
>Without these two things, where would we be?

compton, detroit, harlem
>>
If animals are so smart why haven't they managed to an atom bomb yet? Because last time I checked we got the bomb.
>>
>>52377337
>being this edgy
>>
>>52377347
>being this black
>>
>>52377337
>>>/pol/
>>
>>52377309
>language and electricity
and vast mechanized and automized economies and terraforming and advanced knowledge in every scientific field along with countless bouts into arts and humanities.

Nah we're really just dogs with thumbs
>>
File: image.png (72KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72KB, 360x360px
>>52377369
>>
>>52377369
>over edging your previous edgyness
Careful bro... My brother died from over edging.
>>
>>52377387
Without language, could any of that advanced knowledge have been communicated?
>>
But humans are animals guys
>>
>>52377309
>primiative

Maybe some of us are.
>>
OP, YOU'RE as stupid as an animal, don't lump the rest of humanity in with you.
>>
>no smarter than animals.
Depends on how you measure intelligence.
We are better at planning, relaying ideas and information, using tools. We are able to understand the context of our situation and not do what we really want to do.
We can learn to be good at several things, doing different jobs.
Electricity might have accelerated that but we weren't animals before.
>>
>>52377427
>the pyramids arent very impressive because we couldnt have built them without fingers, which even monkeys have
>>
>>52377309
Someone got picked on today...
>>
>>52377309
The problem isn't that we're stupid. We are definitely among the most mentally capable creatures on the planet. The problem is that so many of us fail to use this capability and instead entrust their consciousness to the impulsiveness of their lizard brain and emotions.

This isn't necessarily our fault, however. Our impulses hold powerful sway over our minds and requires a concerted effort for one to keep tabs on its influence and keep it in check.

If we can keep from blowing ourselves up for the next several hundred years I have confidence that our genetics will eventually tilt further toward handing complete control over our conscious mind and marginalizing of the "lizard brain", as with the rise of technology intelligence and self-control are becoming increasingly required to do well in life. At the very least, I believe a divergence akin to that of the Eloi and the Morlocks from H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds.
>>
This is why I'm staunchly against vegetarianism. When an alien race attacks, it'll be humans, not fucking cows, that fight them off. It's humans who are working to solve the energy crises, who build the rockets to go to space, who sent the rover to Mars. Once chickens and pigs start contributing to society, I'll consider not eating them.
>>
>>52377548
>Likes humans more than cows
>against vegetarianism
This doesn't make sense.
The world could support more people if the cows were slaughtered and people stopped eating them.
There are more cows than people on this planet and you're like "It's not the cows that'll fight the aliens off"
From the alien's perspective it looks like the cows are ruling the planet. The cows are the reason that the strange monkey creatures are destroying their planet
>>
>>52377309
Do you think earth is habitable? I've come to the pessimistic realization that we're no more habitable than mercury. I mean really, the only thing separating us from venus is our oxygen-rich atmosphere and liquid-water temperatures. Without these two things, where would we be?
>>
>>52377569
> it looks like the cows are ruling the planet
If they think that, they're stupid aliens. If they're going by who rules the world based on the number of a species, ants and other assorted insects would win.

Hard for a cow to say it's ruling the world when we have weaponry that could wipe them out in under a week.
>>
>>52377569
This is parroted often but not true. If every human stopped eating meat right now, the arable land required to grow enough crops to feed everyone would exceed what we have available several times over. The only way it has a remote chance at working is if we stop raising water-intense, low-nutrition crops like lettuce and cucumbers and only raise vegetables with the highest nutritional content, but I doubt many vegetarians find that idea agreeable.
>>
>>52377569
Not him, but that's why it works. They'll conquer the cows and be surprised when we're the species with the nukes.
>>
>>52377309

TALK ABOUT A CONTRADICTORY POST OP.

you're he dumb one here. dont drag me down on your level please babykeks
>>
>>52377309
No, first God created animals and then human. Human is the image and likeness of God. Animals aren't.
>>
>>52377632
>*that we're no smarter than OTHER animals

There faggot.
>>
>>52377606
>the arable land required to grow enough crops to feed everyone would exceed what we have available several times over.
This is the opposite of what is true by the way.
How high intensity meat farming works now is two main ways:
1. Burning jungle and having cattle graze on the shoots and grasses that grow up. Areas the size of poland are destroyed yearly.
2. Feeding cows corn and other grains.

There is a third way and that is the pasture, but that is not the majority of cattle now. No point stopping doing that since you can't grow shit there anyway.

1 and 2 exist because of the high demand for beef. Reduce demand for beef and there's more agricultural output overall.
America's relationship with corn is a bit fucked up though. But generally, america is the exception, not the rule. The rest of the world runs on rice and wheat.
>>
>I mean really, the only thing separating us from apes is our language and electricity. Without these two things, where would we be?

*separating us from nigger
>>
Curious where are the apes utilizing natural gas and/or steam to propel vehicles? I think I might be missing something
>>
>>52377714
In OP's world, all people do is browse web from dusk till dawn.
>>
>>52377309
Not primitive but somehow dumb. Were just dumb apes essentially. Thats not too say were not smart and brilliant but we fool oursleves and get carried away in madness
>>
>>52377714
Africa
>>
>>52377309
>the only thing separating us from apes is standardized verbal and written communication and mastery over a fundamental force of nature
Those two things are kind of a big deal.
>>
>>52377309
Yeah, so many other animals fly in machines, use computers, have gone to the fucking moon
>>
>>52377309
What species has onaholes and dragon dildos? That's right. That's why we're advanced
>>
>>52377749
Does this mean dragons are the most advanced species?
>>
>>52377769
We made dragon dicks, dragons didn't make human dicks
>>
File: well-played-horse.jpg (216KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
well-played-horse.jpg
216KB, 600x749px
>>52377309
Horse is more intelligent.
>>
>>52377677
The same thing exact thing would happen to make room to grow more vegetables. The farms we have now don't have the kind of output it takes for the entire world population to go on a meat-free diet.

It might work if we convert farms to 80%+ hydroponics with floors and floors of plants stacked on top of each other and ultra-efficient water recycling, but current land-based methods just take too much space and water.
>>
>>52377606
I'm not anywhere near vegetarian (I love turkey), but if you even went to the third grade you'd know as calories travel up the food chain, it requires more and more calories from the lower level to create calories in the higher level due to animals not being 100% efficient blobs of food
>>
>>52377791
How do you know dragons don't have people dildos
>>
>>52378170
Can you prove they did? I can prove dragons dildos...
>>
We invented the wheel. Boom. Mind fuckin blown.
>>
>>52377309
>I've come to the pessimistic realization that we're no smarter than animals
k
You're objectively wrong though.
>>
>>52377309
Do apes have maths?
Do they have science?
Do they have civilization?
Do they have sentience?
>>
>>52377569
>From the alien's perspective it looks like the cows are ruling the planet. The cows are the reason that the strange monkey creatures are destroying their planet
Seems like pretty dumb aliens desu senpai.
>>
>>52377324
Not for OP.
>>
>>52378597
Well do kings labour?
>>
still no flying cars in 2016 so yea we are..
>>
>>52380667
>no flying cars
what is a plane
>>
>>52380675
Not a car you dumb faggot

I was referring to an anti-gravity car
Also no fucking hoverboards either
>>
>>52377309
You forgot the single most influental discovery that is even in your picture; fire.

When humans discovered fire it opened a whole new world where you can live in colder environments and cook food. There is a huge evolutionary peak at that point of time since cooking food made it more efficient and disease-free. That allowed our brain to have energy needed for massive development.

>Thank you Jesus for evolution
>>
>>52377345
No need to go to things of massive destruction... Think about computers and all of the good stuff as well...
>>
File: 1933-may-10-berlin-book-burning.jpg (34KB, 471x375px) Image search: [Google]
1933-may-10-berlin-book-burning.jpg
34KB, 471x375px
>>52380804
THIS!!

What separates humans from animals is not talking or electricity. It's fire and written language. Written language allows us to pass on our knowledge in an undiluted from to the next generation. And fire is the tool that allows us to manipulate and shape nature to our needs.
>>
>>52377309

you have to consider context

"animals" ideally adapted to their context or environment are "smarter" than humans in terms of their ability to survive in the context and to detect changes in the context and to make changes -- animals with heat vision, or animals that can live in extreme conditions compared to humans

humans in most cases have better processing, and humans use symbolic processing, which many animals do not use to the extent that we do; but humans are primarily animals

if you don't think so, try not pissing and shitting for a week

>>52377337
florida, nazi germany
>>
>>52377345

I think rats alone have caused more death than the atomic bombs did.
>>
>>52377799
Are you serious? We literally feed cows vegetables. Everytime you feed an animal for it to grow you lose substantial amount of energy. Not to mention cucumbers and lettuce don't even make it close to the top most grown vegetables. The human race would be way better off if we would get our food source straight from the ground.
>>
>>52380732
No one wants to invest in flying cars because it's a dumb idea. You're not going to convince an average person to get the equivalent of a pilot's license instead of a driver's license. Also, think of how many car wrecks we have today. Can you imagine car wrecks in the sky? Falling hundreds of feet doesn't sound fun, also in a city it would be 9/11 every day.
>>
>>52377309
>the only thing separating us from apes is our language and electricity
And everything that is required for that in /dev/brain, yes.

Making language and electricity as a tool is just one piece of "software" that ran on someone's brain, /dev/brain computer can run a shitload more "software", and be it to be very good at making and throwing spears and setting traps made of the local variation of wood.

Animals don't seem to have good / big enough brain layout and supporting systems to be able to do that in nearly as much sophistication.

So really, it's a fairly huge difference anyways.
>>
>>52377309
you are absolutely retarded, cavemen and neanderthals used tools, the main reason we are different is because logic and tool use.

without that we would have been extinct
>>
>>52377309
It's kind of funny that all of our science and technology serves no real purpose to the universe but is only useful because we all use our minds to imagine it to be useful.
>>
>>52382307
If we spread out and used all of the nuclear bombs that exist, not only would we kill more humans, we'd kill more everything
We'd kill the planet itself
>>
>>52377309
>the only thing separating us from apes is our language and electricity
What about magnets though? Without magnets we would in no way be able to use electricity the way we do now.
>>
>>52384714
>We'd kill the planet itself
Nah, I think the planet will be good. It would still be around for some billion years. Enough for a new intelligent lifeform to form.
>>
>>52384714
Even if every multi-celled lifeform died there would probably still be billions if not trillions of single-celled organisms left over somewhere. They would just restart the cycle.
>>
>>52378946
we don't eat Kings
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.