[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I was just wondering, now that it's 2016 and all, does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1452555052614.jpg (26KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1452555052614.jpg
26KB, 460x345px
Hey, I was just wondering, now that it's 2016 and all, does AMD finally have good 3D linux drivers or nah? inb4 they work fine in 2D
>>
>>52376092
The open source ones work but they're still pretty slow at 3D. Dunno about the botnet ones.
>>
>>52376410
Still shit, and I'm an AMD shill. Fglrx is pain.
>>
>>52376434
Have they not gotten rid of the kernelspace component yet? Last I heard they were planning to take the FGLRX userspace (OpenGL implementation, shader compiler, etc) and hook it up to the open-source driver's kernel module.
>>
>>52376491
If you're talking about the GPUOpen initiative, no, not yet.
>>
>>52376491
The kernel half of AMDGPU is already integrated but the catalyst userspace stuff still relies on the proprietary kernel blob at the moment. I know it's not really a source but phoronix is claiming AMD will be able to get it together by the end of the first half of this year.
>>
>>52376092
I didn't know linux had 3D
>>
>>52376092
>now that it's 2016 and all,
I MEAN COME ON
>>
Can amd even Eyefinity on linux? Serious question.
>>
>>52376617
With catalyst you can but catalyst is a trainwreck
>>
>>52376617
It can use as many displays as the card supports. I don't know if there's an easy way to make games treat the combined screen as one giant display, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.