[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you more of a software or hardware person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: twentiethann.jpg (52KB, 425x343px) Image search: [Google]
twentiethann.jpg
52KB, 425x343px
Are you more of a software or hardware person?
>>
>>52368488
cant into hardware
>>
File: 1452400906506s.jpg (2KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
1452400906506s.jpg
2KB, 125x104px
>>52368488
I'm more of a memeware person myself.
>>
well i spend a lot of time playing video games and watching anime which is software but i also know a lot about graphics cards which is hardware so im not 2 sure
>>
>>52368587
>>>/vg/
>>
Hardware. I fuck up a lot when it comes to software
>>
Soft.
>>
I prefer firmware.
>>
I have big clumsy fingers and gorilla strength despite being a manlet, so I break everything I touch. I have no choice but to be a software person.
>>
Software, I'm a pro at using computers but I can't build or upgrade them.
>>
neither, I'm a winfag :)
>>
Hardware, actually recently watercooled my PC. Recently been trying to learn coding languages though; like JS and HTML.
>>
I know more about hardware, and care more about it because I'm a pleb

Software is good and important, i just don't have the motivation to learn more about it.
>>
>>52368488
Hardware. But only the old shit, most post-core2 era stuff just bores me.
>>
>>52369548
>coding languages
nobody calls it that
>>
File: Bridget (6).jpg (68KB, 487x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bridget (6).jpg
68KB, 487x500px
>>52368488
Hard and Firmware
>>
>>52368609
Same, kinda. I always get messed up with software, get pissed off when stuff doesn't work right, etc.

I can spend all day tinkering with hardware though, new or old.

I think it's more the fact that hardware is something tangible, and software isn't. Could also be because hardware is ridiculously easy to work with, comes naturally for me.
>>
>>52368488
Hardware, I just like the hands-on approach in everything. I like to create stuff with my hands.
>>
>>52368488
softwqare, but I'm about to take a plunge into hardware
got my self an stm32f4 coming, and a breadboard, gonna make me a bunch of mediocre shit
funfunfun
>>
>>52369782
I personally find hardware more fun because it has more personality and work put into it than software, enterprise hardware (especially the old stuff) is practically art, where even costly high-end software is usually patch-on-patch half-assed garbage built by the lowest bidder to be "good enough" and nothing more

Not to mention software fanboyism is the most obnoxious by far.
>>
>>52368488
more of a software person but a lot of that is in my spare time because I'm an EE
>>
Software. Hardware is boring, a pain in the ass and a restriction.
>>
hardware is the devil, so obviously software.

a day where hardware is virtually irrelevant and is almost entirely software defied would be ideal.

tired of these fucking chinkshit companies making these freedom denying and broken as shit hardware that need to be fixed in the kernel.
>>
Software but not computers more phones
>>
>>52370771
This.
Anybody who prefers hardware obviously just has a fetish for appliances, like people who obsess over washing machines or elevators, I don't understand unproductive hobbies like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmmxI-Y_6U (prepare for cringe).
>>
>>52369548
First, it's programming language.
Second, HTML is not a programming language.
>>
>>52370893

That's kinda cool.
>>
>>52368488
the entire computing industry is based on string and duct tape so i'll go with software because it's easier to understand
>>
>>52368488
Software
>>
>>52368609
It's the opposite for me. I guess these are all little things that make us unique snowflakes
>>
>>52370771
example of said chink shit being broke as shit and being fixed in a kernel

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=f076ef44a44d02ed91543f820c14c2c7dff53716
>>
>>52368488
Poorfag so software, especially when it's free
>>
>>52370893
A hobby's a hobby, it's not meant to necesarily be "productive"

But shit, there's plenty of retro hardware guys out there that can put the average wannabe computer scientist on /g/ to shame. Newer hardware though you're probably right, consumerism has run that shit into the dump.
>>
I only come here for the lolis
>>
Hardware can impress, but software can just do so much more with a bigger impact
>>
>>52368488
a bit of both
>loser of neither
>master of none
>>
I believe in the whole package so I use a Mac.
>>
>>52368488
Hardware, but it's like a 60/40 split
>>
>>52370528
Agreed, love working with all sorts of hardware. It's just... fun. I bought a box of older stuff the other day, along with 2 PC's for $100. Had a lot of fun going through it all, sorting it out. Built 3 PC's from it. Posting from one of them now.

Also, old enterprise stuff is really neat. I have a hard time getting my hands on old stuff though. Have to be at the right place at the right time or else it sells for premiums from people who don't even care about the stuff, but just want to make a buck.
>>
>>52370930
Neither is JS
>>
You can't even understand how bad I want a surface book right now.
>>
>>52368488
hardware
I failed Java 101, no lie, but I love tinkering and modifying computer hardware and I'm excellent at using/fixing user end software
Basically I'm a professional loser without skills to actually get job in the tech field
>>
I appreciate both, but like hardware in a mechanical sense more than software. I can't imagine hardware nowadays without software, and the other way around.

I fucking love heatsinks and radiators.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.