[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lionbridge/Crowdsourcing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (35KB, 198x217px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
35KB, 198x217px
Sup' /g/,

got an offer from Lionbridge today as "Internet Ads Assessor". I don't even know what the fuck exactly I am supposed to do, some content rating and translation afaik.

Anyone got experiences with that or a similar company?

Rate of pay is 12,51€/$13,60, which is pretty neat for someone with nothing except A-levels.
>>
Task Description:

In this role you will be reviewing online advertisements in order to improve their content, quality and layout. You will be required to provide feedback and analysis on advertisements found in search engine results and provide ratings on their relevance to the search terms used. Another aspect of this role will involve reviewing the language used in advertisements by examining grammar, tone and cultural relevance.
>>
Probably some localization QA job. It really depends on where you work for them. I really enjoyed their polish office many years ago.
>>
>>52365679
Definitely localization QA. Just checking that the spelling is correct and that the translation is contextually correct. Also checking that words don't get cut out because of lack of space or goes out of the box.
Very boring to quite fun job, depending on what you get to work on. Apply for their video game QA department(s). Lots of fun (usually).
Is this for a English language or is it for non-English stuff?
>>
>>52365699
yeah, exactly, but I will be working from home
>>52365751
Thank you for the tip, I will try to get my hands at some interesting department!

I live in Germany, so I will most likely do English to German Stuff

Any other advice ?
>>
Also: Will writing a bot backfire on me/does it make sense/is it practial ?
>>
Totally shameless selfbump
>>
not yet ashamed
>>
>>52366054
Probably not practical and will backfire. Usually your job would be to check for contextual errors. A job a computer is really bad at doing.
Also ask for more stuff. They usually have more stuff to do. Try and get their summer jobs for playing video games. All the winter block busters get their linguistics/localization QA during summer. Usually quite fun to play games 8 hours a day, but you might get unlucky and get the really shitty ones.
It is like any other job. Just don't stay at their lower position ones to long.
>>
>>52365751
This, essentially. Every now and again they put you on fun stuff. Lionbridge had some stuff for Microsoft before windows 8 but their NDA is quite strict so I didn't dare leak anything.
>>52365932
>Any other advice ?
Not him but if you do a good job you can get your foot in the door with them and potentially get a full career out of it with good pay and a great work environment. Don't know how their offices in Germany are but in Norway they have free waffles and a quiz every Friday. The atmosphere in the office was also great.
>>52366054
Your job is essentially to clean up after a bot. Your work probably will be quality checked, it's not a great idea to use a bot.
>>
>>52368840
Du jobber for dem i Norge? Har lyst til å jobbe for dem deltid. Er i Oslo.
Informatikk student ved UiO. Jobbet for dem for i Polen. Har også en lingvistikk grad.
Mulig å få en deltidsjobb? Noen tips for å få deltids stilling hos lionbridge?
>>
>>52370482
Har jobbet for dem i Norge, sluttet når jeg flyttet til utlandet.

Har du noen kontakter fra når du jobbet for de i Polen? Skader ikke å sende en epost og sporre om de har noen oppgaver for deg nå. De soker alltid etter personer med kunnskap om IT som snakker både Engelsk og Norsk.
>>
>>52370792
Så jobbe for dem i Polen eller Norge? Har ikke noen kontakt med de i Polen. Tror de også ble lagt ned.
Hvis du ikke har noe imot det, send meg en epost. Har bare noen få spm angående det å jobbe for lionbridge. Bedre enn å ta det her.
Neivler @gmail
>>
>>52368840
thank you, kinda expected that, maybe I#ll get myself some nifty tools to speed it up a little but will do the most work manually

>>52368674
>>52368840

that sounds real good,thanks!
Well I'm doing it aside university, would you reccommend putting much time into it to climb the ladder ?

>>52370482
>>52370792
>>52370960
not even a tfw norway takes over your thread
>>
>>52371945
>Well I'm doing it aside university, would you reccommend putting much time into it to climb the ladder ?
I am no expert, but I would say no. If you want to climb, get relevant education that would fit their need. Combine this with the experience. Only work won't get you that far without the needed education as far as I know, but I have very little and limited experience. Their top level stuff usually requires quite good linguistics degrees, I believe. You can get fun good and cushy jobs by working yourself up, but it has limited pay and not that high roof from the little I saw.

But don't listen to much to me, I barley know the company. Want to work there myself.
>>
>>52372268
Thanks again for your advice, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm not that much into linguistics and stuff, so I will stick to it as some bucks aside university I guess, but it really seems like a fun job where you don't have to cope too much with other peoples mental issues...

Where are you from?
Don't they hire at your region atm?
>>
>>52365651

I'm confused OP. You got the offer yet you don't know what you're doing?

For this position they send you training and you do it, then you do a qualification exam to see if you're even eligible for it.

How do you have the offer already if you don't already know what it's about?
>>
>>52372312
Norway. Don't know if they are hiring. That's what I tried to ask the other guy about. But to busy to work much these days.
>>
>>52372350
Kinda; let me evaluate:

I applied a few months ago an got the offer as well as the corresponding contracts, sadly I'd have had to read and confirm all the documents in less than two days, which were the days of my finals, sadly. I was then told theyd message me when they got free positions. So technically I'm not in yet, altough I'm quite sure that I have a good chance.

Also found some document explaining what I'd have to do in my mails, it's pretty much summed up in this thread
>>
>>52372386
I found the offer here, sadly they don't seem to have open positions in Norway atm., might wanna check from time to time

http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/about/workers/job-opportunities/
>>
Something else:

If the rate of pay is still the same, I'd be making between 500€ and 1k a month, anyone vaguely know how much this is after taxes in germany?
>>
>>52372439
Thanks for the link. I guess I will just send an email to the Norwegian office and see if they got anything.
>>
>>52365651
>>>/biz/
leapforce is better.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.