[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watercooling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 65-finalinterior.jpg (396KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
65-finalinterior.jpg
396KB, 1024x768px
Is watercooling really useful ?
>>
Only for extreme overclocking but air cooling has caught up to the point where the difference in performance is negligible.
>>
>>52364853
Air:
+very affordable
+simple to install
+quiet, can be very quiet when idle
*cooling is good enough

AIO:
+cooling on-par with or a little better than air, depending on specific AIO
*fairly affordable
*trickier to set up but difficult to cause component damage
-pump noise loud compared to air coolers, most noticeable at idle temps

Custom loop:
++can cool multiple components easily
+can be very quiet depending on the fans/pump chosen
+looks pretty
-tricky to install, mistakes can easily result in component damage
--prohibitively expensive
>>
Watercooling is really useful.

But for most people, air cooling works just fine.
>>
>>52364853

For people with a sufficient amount of heat they need to remove, yes.

Water isn't the best option in terms of sheer thermal performance, but it works well enough, and it happens to be readily available and generally non-hazardous.

It is, however, ultimately an affectation for many of the people who use it though.
>>
>>52364853
Not as useful as installing your computer in an aquarium full of mineral water.
>>
water is only worth it if you're running house fire intel haswell-e, house fire amd anything, and multi-gpu configs.

single gpu's its only worth it with any amd gpu and higher end nvidia gpus like the 980 ti that draw a house fire 300+ watts and you want to oc.

for cpu's any intel a d14 / d15 is the best option for performance + price ratio. water cooling only comes out better once you hit the $170+ configs.
>>
>>52364853
not in any other scenario than hobbyists playing with it.
>>
>>52365268
Pretty much covers it
>>
>>52366219
Mineral oil, not mineral water you autist
>>
>>52364853
What is the fan on the bottom of the case doing? I don't see where the air flow is suppose to go.
>>
>>52366219
>mineral water

Mineral oil doesn't magically dissipate heat, you will have zones where is heats "stacks up"
>>
>>52366345
>water is only worth it if you're running house fire intel haswell-e [more stupid inane shit]

Why do I even bother coming here everyday when I face nonsense like this everytime.
>>
NO. just get a Noctua,
>>
>>52365268
/thread
>>
How loud are pumps these days compared to fans?
Can you make a very quiet system with lots of rads and slow spinning fans or will the pump ruin it?
>>
>>52368326
That's why you use fans to circulate the mineral oil and prevent heat buildup.
>>
>>52368326
But it does dissipate heat quite a bit better than air.
>>
A Noctua DH15 is cheaper than a good closed loop system like the H110GT. The temperatures are pretty much the same. I guess only miniITX c.ucks actually benefit from a closed loop system, because their shitty housefire cases can't provide enough airflow for a big air cooler. Closed loop coolers are noisy and not very efficient even though they might have big radiators.

Closed loop is the only way to liquid cool a system.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.