[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mkg/ - mechanical keyboards general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 70

File: 1421602400430.jpg (152KB, 1000x517px) Image search: [Google]
1421602400430.jpg
152KB, 1000x517px
Triggering /g/ edition

Topre sound comparison
[YouTube] Topre Sound Walkthrough (embed)

>>Buyer's Guide:
>>http://pastebin.com/QJD7fSGU
>>Where to Buy:
>>http://pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>>FAQs:
>>http://pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Old Thread: >>52343362
>>
What's the nicest inexpensive red switch 10-keyless that doesn't have gamer shit branding all over it?
>>
>>52361884
>>Topre sound comparison
>[YouTube] Topre Sound Walkthrough
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fbYDZWlCBSc
>>
File: 1436408398997.png (687KB, 1826x820px) Image search: [Google]
1436408398997.png
687KB, 1826x820px
>>52361884
It's time, post yours
>>
>>52361901
probably some cm quickfire
>>
>>52361938
>Waifu
You truly are the cancer of /g/
>>
> no keys
> annoying sound
> too hard to type with

yeah sounds like /g/ to want something broken-as-designed

fucking autists
>>
File: toprecrash1.jpg (821KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
toprecrash1.jpg
821KB, 3264x2448px
>>52361884
>>
>>52362089
dude, manofinterest's crash thread was gnarly. he lost so much fucking money, not even including the car. all those busted topre boards and the ibm & ergo survive
>>
>>52362145

Speaking of.

Whats the model number of his HiPro Topre?

I am in Japan and fucking want one bad.
>>
>>52361938
>Mugi
Excellent taste, anon. I'm away from my PC, so here's mine:

>waifu
Toshinou Kyouko

>keyboard
Filco Majestouch 2

>switch
Cherry MX Blue
>>
Honestly... after having used the FC660c for a few days now I dont get why people even compare it to rubber dome. Maybe I simply havent used one in too long but this doesnt feel like rubber dome at all. The FC660c doesnt really feel like 45g though. It feels a bit heavier than the blue switches I used before and arent those supposed to be 50g?
>>
File: rin1.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rin1.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
>>52361938
Waifu: Rin
Board: Corsair Strafe RGB
Switch: MX Cherry Silent
>>
>>52362193
Not the guy you're replying to, but if I were to guess, it's probably the 108UW, it's a limited edition and impossible to find. Based on the key layout, and the short spacebar particularly, I'd guess it's easier to get in Japan than it is in the US. Definitely a sweet board, though.

What in particular do you like about it? I might be able to recommend something similar.
>>
Hi Anons, I am about to buy my first mech keyboard. I am probably going to get the CODE keyboard, is this a good choice or can I get something better for the price?
>>
>>52362193
Actually, scratch that (>>52362546) I just found one. It's a bit pricey, and it won't ship for about a month, but it's in Japan, so you won't have to pay any crazy customs fees:

https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/realforcehipro/
>>
>>52362546

What in particular do you like about it?
>JIS Layout
>Coloring (White w/ red accents)
>HiPro Keys
>>
Trying again, anyone own a WASD keyboards?
>>
>>52362553
Code Keyboard's a solid first choice, you can do better for the price in my opinion, but if you like it, go for it. Newegg makes a really solid entry-level mech that's a near replica of the Code, the Rosewill RK-9000v2. The Code advertises itself as a no-thrills, all-business mech, and that's exactly what the Rosewill is. I very much enjoy the standard 'look' of those keyboards, but I dislike how they lack many options to mod them. If you're looking to spend 150 on your first mech, I'd buy something other than the Code, but spending 70-80 bucks on the Rosewill is fine, and it'll last you forever. If there's something in particular that you're looking for, be more specific about what you want and I'll see what I can find!

>>52362630
Well, if you're going to spend the money on it, check out the link I made in this >>52362611 post.

I'm a fan of the JP layout as well, if you want to check out another Topre JP, check out the HHKB-jp. I don't care much for other HHKBs, but the HHKB-JP is probably one of my favorite layouts. There's also a few 7bit layouts that'll fit what you're looking for, but I can understand wanting the keys on the HiPro, they're pretty nice to type on.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Topre, at least not as much as most other people seem to be. I hardly ever bottom out on my modded kc60, and it feels like bottoming out is unavoidable on a Topre. I still keep my 104UG HiPro around because of the keycaps, though :)
>>
>>52362906

I am more of a fan of the HiPro than the Topre. Topre is usable, but far from my favorite.

A little googling shows that Filco has Hipro-ish keyset, but it us all black and ugly.

SA is sorta kinda close I guess, but SP has stocking issues, and every set so far has been butt-ugly.
>>
I have a Corsair cherry red mx keyboard and I spilt soda on it, and now a fair chunk of the keys on the right side (789, uiop, jkl are to name nearly all of them) are sticky and aren't as clicky as the other keys

I am wondering if it's easier to simply replace them or attempt to clean it. This is my only usb keyboard and I don't want to wait weeks. I have tried using compressed air and compressed air in the small opening of the switch when its maxed out but nothings really fixing the issue.
>>
>>52361884
is that a home made wrist rest? Is a solid material like wood comfortable?
>>
>>52363013
Wrist rest is to remind you not to rest wrists.

Doing do is bad for you.
>>
>>52363046
I thought a wrist rest was to keep your wrist neutral and straight instead of sloping upwards because of the keyboards elevation relative to the desk
>>
>>52361901

Filco.

They even have quite a few third party cases for them.
>>
>>52363005
I'd replace the switches. It's inexpensive and you shouldn't have to wait long for the caps (depending on your location, I guess). Cleaning each of the switches individually will be a serious pain in the ass for you, and I can't think of a good solution that you could just drop the switches in that wouldn't cause damage to the conductors inside the switch (Copper leaflets, iirc?). If anybody can think of a cleaning solution that would work well here and wouldn't damage the conductors, you could just desolder the switches and leave them to soak for a few hours. You could disassemble each switch individually, but it'll still be a pain in the rear. It's normally a good idea to have extra switches of your keyboard laying around in case something like that happens. You should definitely unplug your keyboard and make sure you aren't shorting the pcb anywhere, though. Soda's a terrible thing to spill on a keyboard.
>>
>>52362145

Can you aware me as to what happened here?
>>
>>52363213
>It's inexpensive and you shouldn't have to wait long for the caps
Mean to say "Shouldn't have to wait long for them"
>>
>>52363225
>Can you aware me as to what happened here?
>Can you aware me

ESL, right?
>>
>>52363247

No, just spent too much time on /fit/ and bodybuilding.com's misc
>>
>>52363225
Read his blog post about it. Link's at the bottom and has plenty of pictures.

TL;DR- A well-known community member who organizes meetups got into a crazy accident on his way home from a meetup the other day, it's pretty incredible that he walked away from that accident alive, let alone as unharmed as he seems to be. However, he had a ton of rare and expensive keyboards in the back of his car, many have broken (but repairable) pieces, he still can't find one of the keyboards (imo, a very good keyboard), nor his soldering station.

http://manofinterests.com/blog/2016/1/10/why-ive-been-mia-since-the-meetup-and-why-im-happy-to-be-alive
>>
>>52363287

Fucking hell. Lucky he survived.

I wonder if his insurance company will cover the contents of the car?
>>
File: waifuboard.jpg (107KB, 966x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifuboard.jpg
107KB, 966x311px
>>52361938
>>
>>52363611
You're "waifu" hasn't even reached puberty yet.
>>
File: 1452505331480.jpg (383KB, 1826x820px) Image search: [Google]
1452505331480.jpg
383KB, 1826x820px
>>52361938
>>
I'm thinking of picking a monoprice mechanical keyboard up. Only 2 issues.
1: hoes that quality? Anyone have any experience with them? They don't seem bad for $60
2: red or blue switch? After doing research I still can't decide. I'll be using it for typing, nit gaming. Blue seems to be the one mist recommended fir typing. Any suggestions?
>>
File: PQf8P493_400x400.jpg (182KB, 1561x956px) Image search: [Google]
PQf8P493_400x400.jpg
182KB, 1561x956px
>not using razer 25/6
>>
>>52363611
p-pedo
>>
>mechanical keyboards will never stop looking like shit from the 90's
Feels bad man. If only they offered atleast some more colors than the typical white or black. Fucking everything ever is only available in white or black thesedays.
>>
>>52363910
Guess you'll have to go custom or get aftermarket cases.
>>
>>52363853
2d != 3d
>>
>>52363943
Just makes you a paedo for cartoons.

Don't be ashamed, dude.
>>
>>52363984
>paedo
>ae

lmao check this yurocuck out

how's letting jamal rape your kids and not arresting him because doing so is racis?
>>
>>52364110
Jokes on you I am the Jamal
>>
>>52363611
>キートップ
Reminds me of スタンプ instead of the English "sticker" for messaging apps

>ハウジング
Normal

>プレート
Normal

>カップラバー
Fucking really.... reminds me of fucking Cup Noodles

>コニックリング
Normal

>プリント基板
Good enough, although I never understood why 基板 was something that existed. Why not just use the specific English for more specificity.
>>
What does /mkg/ think about a K70 with o-rings for sound dampening.

>Muh RGB
>>
>>52364197
>l33t g4m3r keyboard
intothetrash.jpg

>o-rings
I like mine.
>>
>>52364303
Instead of memes, educate me on what is fundamentally wrong with the keyboard. My younger brother has one; got it when they first launched.

Apart from bring annoying to configure the LEDs what is wrong with it? He's had no issues. What substitution is there with per key backlighting for making my station comfy?
>>
>>52364335
not that guy but its just big ugly and clunky imo
lots of keyboards have backlight
also bloody expensive for what you get
>>
>>52364335
I got a shiny ducky and I already turned off the lights. They're cool but by no means necessary. Just get a good non-backlit board fuccboi. I fell for the LED meme, trying to help you there.
>>
File: 20160110_175519.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_175519.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Still working on my custom firmware layout. Figured out the default firmware includes a hard coded Dvorak layout, so implementing my custom layout is less of a priority.
>>
>>52364383
It's one of the least clunky keyboards on the market. 10keyless is a meme IMO. And without the wrist rest the keyboard is pretty damn sleek and unobtrusive.

>>52364393
I'm not new to the LED meme. I've already been absolved by the meme and I'm not a super poorfag worried about getting the same performance for cheaper. I'm willing to spend the extra money for aesthetics. Currently using a sidewinder x4 membrane keyboard that I'm 75% happy with apart from red color lock.
>>
Why are custom keyset group buys always dsa or sa?
>>
File: UFpSBEf.jpg (452KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
UFpSBEf.jpg
452KB, 2592x1944px
>>52364181
>he doesn't understand the good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
>>
>>52364335
Consider the coolermaster keyboards with backlighting. They are compact, simple, no bullshit, and the backlighting can be customized on the keyboard itself without software.
>>
>>52364429
The xti looks super cheap and plastic-y. Its also the same price as the aluminum and sleek k70 that looks good and (most likely) has better configuration for backlighting. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>52363806
1) Nothing terrible, but I'd avoid it personally. They have mixed reviews in terms of quality. You're also going to have tough time cleaning those little dimples near the USB port and headphone/mic. You should also be wary of a lower-priced keyboard with too many features (64KRO, USB ports, line in/out). It may be a great board for all I know, but I'm seeing too many reviews where it stops working after a month or so, and that'd make me nervous. I also see reviews where it's still working after a year, which should be expected, but not a bad thing. Now, I've never actually used the board, so it may be great.

2) You're not going to get any real solid answer to your question about the switches. Yeah, people say Blue's are better for typists, but I'm a writer by trade and can't stand them. I use Gateron Browns and don't play video games, though they're often recommended for gamers. You really should try one in store, or at least buy a board off of amazon so you can return it if you don't like it.
>>
>>52364404
tenkeyless is not a meme
just try it senpai shits cash
i use a 60% and still retain all functionality of the k70.
The k70 is fine but again its just kinda shitty compared to tons of others on the market
>>
>>52364495
Many games that I play utilize the number pad. I use it heavily for work and documentation.

So is the K70 just bad being of subjective aesthetic opinion or is there something electronically or mechanical inferior? Apart from those massive, atrocious cables of course.

Also my goal was to have it on a constant white backlight and have it activate blue or brown depending on how brown looks, and then fade back into white.
>>
>>52363005
Ok anon. Here is what I want you to do. Disassemble the keyboard if you can, the warranty is already fucked for you anyway. Disassemble so you just have the PCB and all the caps removed. I'm assuming it's already dry at this point. But if any is still wet, make sure to wipe it up immediately. If you have a solvent lying around that is appropriate for PCB or something like distilled/purified water, make a bath for the keyboard. Making sure to plunge all the switches so that the air bubbles come out of them. If you don't have the above liquids. Don't worry, tap water should work, you just have to ensure you are very particular about drying. Once you have submerged the board and plunged all the switches, making sure there is absolutely no air in the switches. Take the board out and turn it upside down, proceed to plunge the switches ensuring that you release as much liquid as possible out of them. So they're as dry as possible when the switch is depressed. You absolutely need to get Isopropyl Alcohol. It is essential for cleaning a soda spills residue. I'll cont if you're interested. Ps I've done this on a board that was soaked in soda.
>>
light grey keys with dark grey modifiers from MD y/n?
>>
>>52364597
>Ps I've done this on a board that was soaked in soda.
It's me again. Yes the board worked after, I just need to spray some Isopropyl in some of switches that were still a little sticky.
>>
>>52361884
Ok, I use the arrow keys a lot when programming
So how to deal with it without them ?
>>
>>52364557
if your use a numberpad a lot its better to go for a separate numberpad that fits on the otherside of the mouse or use your left hand and place it to the left
If you are looking for a keyboard that can paint starry night with leds i guess you found your keyboard annon. At least its not ded led razor
>>
>>52364645
Use a standalone numpad or map them to a different layer

Most sub75 boards have multiple layers for this purpose
>>
>>52364645
>>
>>52364654
Razer products are memes. Besides I've seen the chroma led switching and its jagged as hell. Not smooth at all.

Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>52364676
tetris.
>>
I really want a keyboard with the best RGB features. is the corsair strafe the best option out there when it comes to this?
>>
>>52364645
The poker 3 has an option to use the bottom right cluster as arrow keys. I think most, if not all, programmable boards have a way to make arrow keys easily accessible
>>
>>52364718
Is RGB reaaaaalllly necessary for you? Please remember that the Strafe doesn't have a standard bottom row. So have fun with shiny keys and no replacement in sight for the years that the keyboard will last.
>>
>>52364718
why the fuck do you want a keyboard with RGB features?
>>
>>52364445
>The xti looks super cheap and plastic-y
It's not. Dunno what else to tell you. If you want to go for brand just because of the brand name, then sure, go ahead, waste your money.
>>
>>52364335
Aluminum plate instead of steel. Non standad layout, meaning no custom keycaps. Shitty stock keycaps that will wear with use and let the leds murder your yes.
>>
>>52364718
No. Shine 5 and MK Disco.
>>
>>52364808
You assume too much. I made it clear that I was after smooth color shifting and highly programmable.
>>
>>52364742
Yeah that does seem problematic but arent these things built to last? Otherwise its the natural gamble we all take with these sorta things.
>>52364743
why not?
>>
File: My_K70c2.jpg (536KB, 864x559px) Image search: [Google]
My_K70c2.jpg
536KB, 864x559px
>>52364834
>>
>>52364834
What about the ducky shine 5 rgb with black switches. Says available for preorder and was mated delivery by the 28th of the month.

Better choice?
>>
>>52364967
Much better. The leds are brighter, the keyboard is more rigid (two pcbs, steel late), standdard ANSI layout and stock doubleshot keycaps.
>>
>>52365007
Cool, I'll go for it then. Should I buy o-rings? Sound isn't a big issue but I'd like to type and game while my girlfriend sleeps without disturbing her.
>>
>>52365007
>>52365064
Also any keycap suggestions or are stock good?
>>
>>52361884
what numpad?
>>
should I buy the realforce on massdrop right now
>>
Anyone know where I can find the old Quickfire Rapid TKL with brown switches? Everywhere I look they are either out of stock or they only have the new ones that light up which I don't want.

If it's discontinued is there anything similar that's just a no-frills TKL with brown switches and good letter etching under $100?
>>
>>52365079
Stock are fine. It's hard to get backlit PBT caps anyways.
>>
>>52361938
>waifu
I'm not a weeaboo

>keyboard
Deck Hassium

>switch
Cherry MX Blue
>>
>tfw yuropoor so mx clears and greens are really uncommon

Why is there no love for people with strong fingers here ;_;
>>
Gateron PBT, finally!

geekhack org/index.php?topic=78563
>>
>>52365200
>should I buy the realforce on massdrop right now
It's cheaper and quicker on keyboardscompany .co.uk if you are in europe.

Also they are ugly to me.
>>
>>52365407
>tfw yuropoor so mx clears and greens are really uncommon
>Why is there no love for people with strong fingers here ;_;

You are just poor.
>>
>>52364602
It's a meh set, but that's to be expected with NPKC. It's definitely worth the money, the questions whether it's worth the wait, and for the price, I'd say go for it. If they're shit, it's not like you lost an arm and a leg.

The problem with NPKC is that they're ridiculously unpredictable and inconsistent with their products. They always have frightening issues, shipping delays, and end up pissing people off, but the people who end up with the good stuff end up enjoying it.

I ordered 3 of the KC60's when they came out, they ended up shipping me two and one never arrived. The first one was shipped out about a month late, the next was shipped ~20 days later. One of the KC60's was beautiful, but they misspelled "Backspace" (ironic), the other was absolute dogshit (ordered different caps and case)

Again, for a cheap product like those caps, I'd just say set and forget, but be careful with their expensive items.
>>
>>52364850
Mech keyboards are built to be expandable, customizable, functional, and sometimes durable. If you want durable to be your first choice, get a Model-M, those things just don't quit. Some mechs are absolute garbage and clunk out when you use the USB hub, though. Some have switches that die quickly, have cabs that snap, lights that die out, shorts within the board, etc. In most of the well-known boards, the boards that are recommended most frequently, they're consistently reliable and easily tinkered with. In other boards, they're garbage.
>>
>>52361938
>same
>same
>same
My nigga
>>
>>52361938
By far the worst keion.
>>
>>52365688
I dont see no ritsu there
>>
>>52365688
Komeiji?
>>
>>52364849
The k70 is the last thing people think about when they hear programmable. Look for a board that's using an ATmega32u4. The WhiteFox is a great programmable board, the GH60 is a good programmable board, so on and so forth. If you're really into aesthetics and LEDs, get a Gon or something.

I'm not the same guy you were debating with btw. If you have your heart set on the K70, go for it. The reason people advise you to go the opposite direction is because you'll eventually want to start customizing the board, and you just won't have the option with it.
>>
>>52365748
I'm pretty set on the ducky shine 5 with black switches, actually.

Watched an 18 minute review on it. Looks good even though it's plastic. It seems like I can get all of the customization I want with it. Primarily looking for solid backlighting with color coded WASD and there specific keybinds as well as reactive keypresses in RGB random and set colors.

The functionality on the board seems like it can handle that for me. The addition of not needing any software and having all of the modes onboard is pretty great as well.
>>
>>52361884
i have a CM storm trigger Z with brown witch anche white led
it's good , right?
>>
>>52365414
Looks fantastic

Anyone here already tried gateron pbt and can comment on how they feel?
>>
File: q.jpg (269KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
269KB, 2048x1365px
>>52365501
How is it even possible to dislike this set?
>>
>>52365789
>Looks good even though it's plastic.

You are being deceived by corsair. Pretty much every mechanical keyboard nowadays have a steel backplate, where the cherry switches are mounted. What corsair did was remove the usually plastic cover that goes above that plate, geting it exposed with the "floating switch" aesthetics.

For what matters, corsair is inferior on that point, because they use aluminum instead of steel. Its lighter, its thinner, it has more flex. Corsair keyboards arent less "plastic-y" then every other keyboard out there.
>>
File: 1ZtnGjG.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1ZtnGjG.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
looks like the whitefox is gonna have a slimmer case
>>
>>52365962
Oh okay I see what the deal is now. It's a good thing I'm enlightened. Pretty excited to get my hands on the shine 5 then. Seems like a solid great keyboard.
>>
File: 1437609349131.jpg (362KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437609349131.jpg
362KB, 1500x1000px
>>52365949
Its the best PBT out there, except for BSP / OG Cherry.
They are a little bit less textured then Vortex, but not as smooth as BSP. Pretty thick also.
The dyesub is very good, way less blurry then imsto's, but in the past there were some reports os misalignment on some legends.

Pic related, the US -- Red set he is selling.
>>
>>52365964
Why the hell would they do that?
>>
>>52366182
Why would you want a tall case
>>
File: P1060015.png (1MB, 1826x820px) Image search: [Google]
P1060015.png
1MB, 1826x820px
>>52361938
>>
>>52366189
I'm quite it's the thickness of the aluminum case that we're talking about here.
>>
>>52366087
Imstos dysubbing is blurry? You should get your eyes checked m8.
>>
File: 1421484097570.gif (3MB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1421484097570.gif
3MB, 325x325px
>tfw its literally impossible to find nice ISO PBT key caps
>>
>>52365789
Ah, right on. I personally don't care much for the Ducky Shine boards, but I've heard good things about them. Being able do everything onboard is pretty much a requirement for any board you'll want to buy, just a heads up.

Anyway, considering how many people in the Mech community use them as their daily drivers, I'd say it's a fair choice. Do you happen to know the controller that the board uses by chance?
>>
>>52365949
Gateron PBT is honestly one of my favorites, but it's a pain in the ass to find. I actually prefer it over Cherry, there seems to be slightly more profile to them or something which makes it more comfortable to type on.

Any particular set you're looking to buy? I've only a single set, and would buy more if I could find them.
>>
>>52366833
If I remember I believe it's an ARM M3 or something.
>>
>>52366858
>I've only a single set, and would buy more if I could find them.

Here: >>52365414
>>
>>52366820
IMO this is a nice set. https://corus-kb.com/en/keycaps/69-vortex-pbt-keycaps-full-set-105-iso-nordic-top-side-printed-.html?search_query=nordic+pbt&results=5#/62-printing_type-side_printed
They hace other ISO layouts as well
https://corus-kb.com/en/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=iso+pbt&submit_search=
>>
File: 1452505331480.png (657KB, 1663x437px) Image search: [Google]
1452505331480.png
657KB, 1663x437px
>>52361938
Thanks for an easy edit, friendo.
>>
>>52366820
Ducky and Vortex sets can be good thanks to their thickness. Then there's Tai-Hao but they have odd colors and that horrible anti-microbial coating on them. Though there recently was a black on very dark gray set up on massdrop without it.

If you're willing to wait and pay out of your ass there's another round of Granite coming which will have full support for most ISO countries.

Finally, you should realize that ANSI PBT sets are rare too. Add onto that the issues of our weird enter key shape and lots of different legends for various languages... That shit gets expensive and complicated.
>>
File: OOOrFTJ.jpg (596KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
OOOrFTJ.jpg
596KB, 2400x1600px
Fukken nice

Thank god I won't have to spend on caps ever again... I'd be poor in no time
>>
>>52367245
>If you're willing to wait and pay out of your ass there's another round of Granite coming which will have full support for most ISO countries.

Where will i find that?
>>
>>52367652
massdrop
>>
>>52367664
Thanks for the info.

I think i requested that set on there a while ago. I'm probably going to pick that up.
>>
>>52367289
>no ISO set
sad days.

also do I get a novatouch for 140 euros now or wait? no other topre boards available here.
>>
>>52367693
If you have more monies for caps yes.

Stock caps on novatouch ruins the topre a bit.

Then I put thick vortex pbt and it became 80% of an hhkb feel (not sound)
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-19-14-24.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-19-14-24.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Pic related
>>
>>52367762
probably will get the granite iso set then.

anyone ever got an iso set there and knows how much it will be approx?
>>
>>52367791
>>
File: 2cv3Hxo.jpg (300KB, 1024x1371px) Image search: [Google]
2cv3Hxo.jpg
300KB, 1024x1371px
>>52367782
Is that the vortex set? doesnt look too bad either.

can you upload a video with the sound of the board, maybe?
>>
>>52367823
It was my poker2 set.

I returned the nt now, and sold the poker2.

Sound is in OP video i linked, but real life is lower. Topre is quiet enough for office even the novatouch
>>
File: 20151208_004237.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151208_004237.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52365337
>Deck Hassium
Mah nigga
>>
>>52367812
1 set 120? the fuck. i remember someone here saying the iso/de is like 70€
>>
>>52367791
Just did a quick calc and it would land on 106 for a nordic iso tenkeyless
>>
>>52367693
>no ISO set
Yeah, they wanted to but there were issues. Gateron do have an ISO enter mold now but it was provided for by a different vendor who wants exclusivity and it would cost like $5000 to produce another mold.

Gateron also mold complete sets all in one go so adding an ISO shift key and 2 more 1 unit keys would mean harvesting them from a full ANSI set and throwing away the rest. To be able to offer cheap ISO kits they, again, need new molds.
>>
Fuck me, why must this be so impossibly expensive?

Danish ISO 105
MX Clear
Replaceable USB cable
Not some retarded gamer shit
Less LEDs = Better

The only thing that comes close is a WASD - importing one from the US is ridiculously expensive thanks to shipping and VAT.
>>
is the general consensus that a full size is better or a tenkeyless and a num pad? or is it all a matter of preference?
I wanna get into mechs but im still trying to figure out exactly what im looking for.
>>
>>52367893
A- Are those LEDs at the top right dead?
>>
>>52368157
It's pretty much a matter of preference, but if you never use your numpad, you might as well get a TKL.

If you use your numpad sometimes and you don't mind getting an external numpad with your TKL (will usually cost more together than a fullsize), go for that.

If neither of the above apply, get a fullsize.
>>
>>52368157
tkl+numpad is going to cost more. And you will have problems with keycodes on most numpads
>>
>>52368072
Group buy for WASD barebones with tons of options that just needs 6 (!) more orders:
http://www.mechsupply.co.uk/product/wasd-v2-barebones

Reasonable shipping cost and no added tax because it'll be within the EU.

Who am I kidding, it's going to fail, isn't it?
>>
>>52368244
>>52368243
very helpful, thank you
in that case ill get a fullsize since i do a decent amount of number crunching when im not gaming.
>>
Just got a model m and im going to drive my gf insane.
>>
File: MGwkeGZ.jpg (924KB, 3706x2268px) Image search: [Google]
MGwkeGZ.jpg
924KB, 3706x2268px
how many keyboards do you own?
>>
>>52368356
5. I only use 3 of them though
>>
>>52368356
Three. Full size at work, TKL at home and a 60% for when I want something more portable.
>>
>>52368356
>That dinosaur in the back

Does the trackball work with modern OSs? Buckling?

It looks fantastic.
>>
>>52368356
One.

I sell the previous when I buy a new one because I'm a jew inside.
I just write "gaming" on the ad and they sell themselves.
>>
File: photo-2-457x360.jpg (46KB, 457x360px) Image search: [Google]
photo-2-457x360.jpg
46KB, 457x360px
You guys will probably think I'm insane, but I have a USB adapter for N64 controller. I only really play retro games that use a dpad, and if you hold the controller like pic related, it's arguably the most comfortable retro controller on the market.
>>
>>52368545
cool
>>
>>52368279
Ungh, then I'll -still- need a pack of caps.
And probably a cable as well.

Next thing I know I'll be fucked when it dies within a year of purchase or something equally stupid.

Might as well just wait forever.
>>
is a wasd v2 a good idea for a first board?
i know its a little pricier but considering the customization should i just splurge for it?
do the keys smooth out and the letters disappear after enough use?
>>
>>52368545
wrong thread nigga
>>
>>52368654
Very good board, very bad keycaps. The caps use some of the thinnest, cheapest ABS on the market which they then print using a method that really isn't worth the sacrifice in quality unless you're printing images. You will get shine and the printing probably lasts a year with heavy use (they add a clear coat to try to protect the print).
>>
>>52368746
so would it be best then to order the barebones board and go somewhere else for the keycaps?
if so any recommendations for suppliers for a US buyer?
>>
>>52368799
Yes
>>
File: vortex pok3r backlit.jpg (205KB, 1200x480px) Image search: [Google]
vortex pok3r backlit.jpg
205KB, 1200x480px
ordered a pok3r with pbt keycaps
and they sent me the backlit version instead
weird
>>
>>52368966
What do you mean you ordered a pok3r with pbt but got backlit? All pok3rs come with pbt keycaps as far as I know.
>>
>>52369085
backlit pok3r uses ABS
>>
>>52369320
Then I would message those you bought it from and ask if you could send it back and get the right version.
>>
>>52369364
If i was him I'd tell them I'd keep it and ask for a free pbt set
>>
>>52369483
seems legit mate
>>
>>52364401
is that a planck?
>>
wew lad

- posted from my HHKB
>>
File: P1060010.jpg (2MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
P1060010.jpg
2MB, 4592x3448px
>>52369845
Did someone mention the HHKB?
>>
>>52369845
oh are you the guy whose hhkb was in the mail?

welcome to the club m8000

- posted from my hp laptop keyboard because I'm on an hotel bed and too fucking lazy to plug my hhkb in
>>
>>52369867
noopooooo
>>
File: 71Se62Fz6NL._SL1500_.jpg (69KB, 1500x789px) Image search: [Google]
71Se62Fz6NL._SL1500_.jpg
69KB, 1500x789px
>>52369867
Friendly reminder
>>
>>52367040
Ah, thanks. It's essentially the same drop that Massdrop's doing right now, but a bit more expensive. They do have the Milk White (or 'Beige' as they call it, but it looks like Milk) and Dye Subs. I hate waiting months on these things, but seems like it'll be worth it in the end.

I bought a KC 60 a while back for ~110 and sold the keycaps for 80 bucks, but have been pissed about that ever since, since I haven't been able to find a similar set, only blanks. This looks like it's the same set from EnjoyPBT on TaoBao.
>>
>>52368356
2 that I bought myself: Ducky Shine 3 red cherry mx and pok3r clear cherry mx

1 was gifted to me which is a cmstorm qfr blue cherry mx

I've got a magicforce keyboard from lagdrop in gateron clears in transit and a barebones whitefox kits in jack of all trades layout coming in from the second batch.
>>
>>52370231
>whitefox kits in jack of all trades layout

those arrows are just gross.

- sent from my hhkb
>>
>>52370231
How does the Pok3r compare to the Ducky Shine 3 in terms of build quality?
>>
>>52370273
>le expensive rubber dome meme

>>52370275
Both are solid boards, but the pok3r has an aluminum case while the shine 3 is plastic. Nevertheless both are solid feeling
>>
>>52370275
It's bretty gud. The aluminum frame is amazing and makes it's really solid. It's comfirtable to type on in my opinion (I have mx clears) and the pbt caps it comes with feels good man.
>>
anyone who TRIED BOTH topre and mx clears?

don't describe the feeling and difference to me, I read them 100s of times.

Tell me what do you prefer if any, and why.
>>
File: P1060013.jpg (2MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
P1060013.jpg
2MB, 4592x3448px
>>52369888
>>52369938
What's this memespeak?
>>
>>52370370
the picture was merely to remind you to fix your damn cabling under your desk.
>>
>>52370370
le ebin memedora eksde Dx
>>
>>52368356
A partly disassembled cherry mx board 3.0

A Ducky Shine 4 with the vortex translucent pbt caps

An HHKB

And soon a self-assembled 60% with cream alps
>>
>>52367289
gorgeous, make and model? yes i'm a noob
>>
File: photo_2016-01-11_22-47-02.jpg (167KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-11_22-47-02.jpg
167KB, 956x1280px
>>52370349
I got ya covered senpai

I feel like topre and clears almost feel a bit like polar opposites. Clears build up resistance after the tactile bump, pushing your finger back. Topre on the other hand looses it's resistance and collapses after the bump, meaning that you'll bottom out pretty much all the time.

Both feel really good. They feel a hella different, but I can tell you that I could go back from my HHKB to my Shine 4 with clears and I wouldn't really have any complaints (other than the fact that it's fuckhuge).

I prefer Topre for the sound, the lightness and the comfiness of typing on it. It just feels so right.

I like MX Clears for their tactile bump and resistance. They also feel really nice to type on. Not as nice as Topre, but still really fucking nice.
>>
>>52368799
Dye sublimated caps from ducky are a good option for this plan, right?
or would something double shot be better?
>>
File: P1060001.jpg (2MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
P1060001.jpg
2MB, 4592x3448px
>>52370395
It's not going to get more fixed than this.

It doesn't get in the way of my feet, and I never see it anyway. Nor do I ever change anything (I didn't even change the cable when I got my new keyboard, they both use the same connector). I'm not going to change this until I actually have a reason to move my computer somewhere else.
>>
File: photo_2016-01-11_22-54-41.jpg (94KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-11_22-54-41.jpg
94KB, 1280x956px
>>52370647
whoops, forgot to change the picture.
>>
>>52370559
actually at that point i may as well just get a ducky one and save myself the extra $45 i suppose.
>>
>>52370349
None. Clears are too stiff, topres need a huge force at the top and then the switch falls to the bottom.

Get clears and make ergo-clears.
>>
File: 20151207_130350.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151207_130350.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52368158
No, they're supposed to light up when you use them (programming macros & n key mode). I got the Deck for my first MKB and I wanted both PBT and backlighting, not knowing that backlit PBT usually looks like ass. Oh well, don't really mind that much and the Deck was definitely a solid choice for a foray into mechs
>>
Looking for a kb for under 150 that's mx blue and no led / red LED. Already had a bad experience from FUnc. Also amazon preferred (I got gift card cash). Any suggestions?
>>
Returned my cm quickfire rapid with browns. Ordered a Kul es-87 with cherry clears. The browns were just too soft to the touch for me.

Hopefully the people saying clears are too heavy for gaming are limp wristed faggots.

Am i going to hate cherry stabilizers compared to the costar ones?
Anybody have any experience with kul?
>>
>>52371443
switches for gaming are a meme
I play osu on my poker 2 with clears and I do just fine. use to be rank 9000ish before I stopped playing
>>
File: shit.jpg (271KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
271KB, 800x988px
Reposting the fundamental law of mechanical keyboards.
>>
>>52371584
>using osu to test switches.
I can see why you'd do that but its not the most reliable I guess. Btw 59k over here :^)
>>
>>52371638
fuck you
>>
File: u473dboxpic.jpg (106KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
u473dboxpic.jpg
106KB, 450x337px
>>
using this one
>>
File: 5554.DELL-DJ425.jpg (83KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
5554.DELL-DJ425.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
had this one too
>>
>>52371808
ordered on amazon
>>
File: membranemasterrace.jpg (24KB, 325x297px) Image search: [Google]
membranemasterrace.jpg
24KB, 325x297px
>>52371638
muh membrane
>>
>>52371638
That doesn't make any sense. The second peak will always go to infinite as you hit the bottom, so the tactile peak can't be bigger.
>>
had a Corsair K70 with blues as my first mech, half a year later it shit itself and I got my money back

switched to some cheap ass rubberdome Logitech K120 in the meanwhile and I'm still stuck with it

the weird thing is, I don't really miss the K70 - the keys felt too high, the keycaps felt shitty (even compared to this $10 rubber dome) and the clicking got annoying after a while

now, I kinda want to get another mech but I'm not sure if I'll be happy with it

what do?
>>
>>52372604
Go to your local tech store and try out other switch types. Get something with a standard ANSI125 layout and you can replace the caps. Adjust your chair/keyboard height to reduce issues with the keyboard feeling too tall.
>>
>>52369737
Yes, I just assembled it. So far I'm very happy with it.

>>52368356
5 & an incomplete ErgoDox kit.
>>
novatouch or realforce
>>
>>52368356
That "Just" keyboard. What model is it? Kind of hard to search for it.
>>
>>52373805
Never mind, I found it.
>>
>>52366820
RIP Jew Wario
>>
>>52361938
Waifu: Amatsukaze (kancolle, married her in game, she is best kanmusu ever)
Keyboard: cm quickfire rapid-i
Switches: cherry mx blue.
*posted from phone, no pics, sorry*
>>
Still shopping for TKL keyboard
>Nixeus MODA V2
y/n?
>>
File: Leopold FC660.jpg (57KB, 916x314px) Image search: [Google]
Leopold FC660.jpg
57KB, 916x314px
did anyone go with the Leopold over the HHKB
>>
>>52371808
That does not look mechanical. Those keycaps look really flat.
>>
>>52375034
Damn, I know I for sure would. Didn't know a layout like that existed.
>>
>>52371808
>>52375086
This is not a mechanical keyboard.
I have the misfortune of typing on one of these things at the office where I work
>>
I plan on getting a new mechanical keyboard and I need some advice. The only mechanical keyboard I have owned previously had MX browns. I loved the keyboard, but I would always bottom-out really hard.

What switch should I use to either avoid bottoming-out or make it softer.

Would topre be a good fit?
>>
>>52361938
>Waifu:
Kagami
>Keyboard:
Novatouch TKL
Switches: Topre

d-do I have good taste?
>>
>>52375270
>Would topre be a good fit?
It'll be a softer bottom, yes.
>>
>>52375270
get a linear if you bottom out when you type.
>>
I'm wondering if I should get a set of blank CMY mods from Shadovved's latest GB to go with my ghost white set. Might be nice. They would cost nearly as much as the full set, though. Oh well, I have a month to sit on it.
>>
There were messages here talking about a massdrop.
Now they're gone. The fuck hiro?
Here's another one
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/v80-tkl-mechanical-keyboard
>>
So i had a CM Ultimate Quickfire keyboard that just failed on me after 1.5years, opened it up and it had disgusting soldering they didn't even clean it up.

Looking for a decent quality again that's not CM.
Filco or ducky?
>>
File: 4530.SED_5F00_STop_5F00_FY14.png (952KB, 1559x1039px) Image search: [Google]
4530.SED_5F00_STop_5F00_FY14.png
952KB, 1559x1039px
Not to troll or anything but I've been using this keyboard for about a year now and it's really comfortable. I don't see any good reason to switch to a mechanical one over this.
>>
>>52377380
make an ergodox
>>
File: Capture 4.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 4.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>52377380
Because that keyboard will wear out sooner than a mechanical version would. Other than that, there's literally no reason.
>>
File: w_k_s.png (710KB, 1789x601px) Image search: [Google]
w_k_s.png
710KB, 1789x601px
>>52361938
It seems /hpg/ is leaking.
>>
>>52375034
I did
>>
File: cp24_3.jpg (82KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cp24_3.jpg
82KB, 800x800px
What macros would you guys put on one of these bad boys.
I'd like undo/redo and zoom+/zoom- for photoshop and stuff.
>>
>>52377635
dedicated shitpost macros
>>
>>52377643
I'd get one for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , not sure what else
>>
File: 14yearsold.jpg (29KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
14yearsold.jpg
29KB, 300x100px
>>52375283
>all hhkb fags love underage girls
>>
File: IMG_20160112_022118.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112_022118.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
60% topre/mx green mustard race reporting in
>>
>>52377573
Both are the same, diversity-lacking shit.
Both dick ride one meme. Hpg is mostly self entitled akg fags,
and mkg is turning into "/topre general/" .
>>
>>52377684
No big surprise there, it's the same kind of people who circlejerk in desktop threads.
>>
File: yum.png (67KB, 265x239px) Image search: [Google]
yum.png
67KB, 265x239px
>>52377961
>and mkg is turning into "/topre general/" .
>>
>>52377961
Hipster/elitism generals will generally always veer towards the lesser-owned for one reason or another. Price is usually the swaying factor.
>>
>>52378059
>elitism

Elitism is a word invented by poors who don't understand that more expensive isn't always better, but 99% of the time it is.

- posted from my hhkb
>>
>>52378059

But the HHKB is cheap?
>>
>>52378150
>posted from my hhkb
Exactly the kind of self entitlement I'm talking about.
Thanks for supporting my point.
>>
File: beito.jpg (88KB, 652x540px) Image search: [Google]
beito.jpg
88KB, 652x540px
>>52378325
No thank you!
>>
Are there any keyboards that are effectively a cheaper k70?

The metal back plate and lack of a shroud (so the switch is flush with the surface of the board rather than embedded in) make it seem like the only choice for a permanent keyboard; it's durable and easy to clean.

I read the guides and all the recommended keyboards are essentially the Microsoft 600 with mechanical switches.
>>
>>52364714
Tetris doesn't have a cross you stupid fuck
>>
>>52378365

>his (quite poor) attempt at a joke didn't line up 100% with the image
>must be a stupid fuck

Come on /g/, are you guys really that autistic?
>>
>>52378361
>it's durable and easy to clean
Not more so than other keyboards. Their QC is average, and cleaning isn't much of an issue when the primary hassle in cleaning is removing all the keycaps.
>>
>>52378426
Even after removing keys you have to get in there to clean around the bezels and such.
The section dividing the enter key from the home/arrow keys make my current keyboard a massive problem to clean. If the entire surface with the keys removed was flush then I could give it a once over with a cloth or even just tip the keyboard sideways and have crumbs or whatever fall off.
>>
>>52378485
> If the entire surface with the keys removed was flush
The switches still protrude out from the plate just as much as any other keyboard.
But the lolita spyder is the ultimate poorfag floating keys board.
>>
>>52363611
>not Hitoha
>>>/trash/
>>
File: hitohapuff.webm (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hitohapuff.webm
95KB, 1280x720px
>>52378530
Hitoha is sensei's.
>>
>>52378508
the problem isnt the switches its the plastic casing around the sections of keys
>>
>>52361884
PSA, keyboard lads, hypersphere's rings are actually quite nice. It's great to not have that plasticky upstroke. Endgame shit right here.
>>
>>52378611
That's what I'm saying, the switches themselves are a far greater obstacle to cleaning than a bezel.
There are also keyboards with easily removable bezels.
>>
>>52370370
If you're going to coil your cable, at least learn the last step. I'm not going to tell it to you, google it, it's simple enough to find and you already have everything you need to make the coil tight.

It bugs me so much to see unfinished coils
>>
>>52378614
Heh I don't know.
I saw some YouTube videos and it sounds so dampened that it almost doesn't have the topre cloppity clop sound anymore.

Also I am scared of breaking the plastic case or losing springs.
>>
File: 1446935014370.jpg (43KB, 340x319px) Image search: [Google]
1446935014370.jpg
43KB, 340x319px
Getting O-rings will completely remove the ping of my blue switches.
True/false?
>>
>>52378834
false.

nothing removes the ping.

it's the sheer force of your fingers on a steel plate that makes it reverber.
no matter how much rubber you put between them, you are still going to hit it rythmically and make it vibrate.
>>
>>52378899
Well shit.
>>
>>52378911
The only pcb or case mounted boards are the old vortex kbs (pure, and the old 75%) and the hhkb.
>>
>>52378834
The rubber will only partially suppress the bottom-out. I put O-rings on my filco at work. As long as I don't bottom out, the sound of the actuation is the only thing audible. It's still loud, but it's a good way to practice not bottoming out since it reduces the travel length noticeably.
>>
>>52378899
>nothing removes the ping

you can put some dampening material to fill space in your case under the PCB

should help quite a bit
>>
>>52378911

Well thats what you get for buying a product made with qualuty materials.

The pibg sounds great compared to plastic echos/plastic creaks.
>>
>>52379638
>dat regret and rationalisation

Pcb > steel

Muh sturdiness is a meme. Deal with it.
>>
Who here likes to occasionally type on rubber domes just to be reminded of that mushy feeling?
>>
>>52375086
oh
>>52375170
>I have the misfortune of typing on one of these things at the office
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>52379695

Using one in the computer lab right now.

It is disgusting. I thought someone had spilled coke on it or somethong. Nope, it is brand new.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1200x819px
>>52379695
>Who here likes to occasionally type on rubber domes just to be reminded of that mushy feeling?

>occasionally
;^)
>>
File: 61V28Q-qQ1L._SL1000_.jpg (77KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
61V28Q-qQ1L._SL1000_.jpg
77KB, 1000x750px
bought this last month
pressed the power button the next day to boot the computer. it didn't do anything. pressed harder. power button stayed in.
fucking junk
>>
can you lube your switches without desoldering, or does the friction come from deeper inside the switch than what you can reach just by removing your keycap?
>>
>>52379933
Just cum on the keyboard, it will take care of it all.
>>
>>52379881
that looks like a rubber dome fampai
>>
>>52380148
I took it apart to see if I could fix it
I can't figure out how to put it back together now
>>
>>52380181
Tell me you didnt pay more than 5$ for it
>>
>>52380199
$30, I wanted the usb ports on the front
that's why I getting this one>>52371808

dell makes good keyboards
>>
>>52380229
Wow.
>>
>>52379881
I wouldn't pay $5 for a new one now
>>
File: memes.png (204KB, 1033x289px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
204KB, 1033x289px
>>52361938
Memes.
>>
>>52380229
You're in the wrong thread bud. If you want a keyboard that will last you longer than like a year, you need to drop $100 for a mechanical. Which won't have any of those kind of issues, mechanicals don't break unless you go out of your way to destroy them or spill liquids in them.
>>
>>52380414
Instead of implying, I'm going to genuinely ask you where I can get a decent mech for $100.
>>
>>52380433
Okay, $115. That's what I paid for my cm quickfire. Round numbers you know.
>>
>>52380475
I got a Corsair Strafe for $75 but that's just from stacking discounts, It's not really feasible to get 50+ decent switches and caps for less than $100.
>>
>>52380414
dell has always been good
>>52371808
and it has the multimedia and usb ports
>>
>>52380502
$50 ca
>>
>>52380502
>dell has always been good
That's not the point buttlord. It's not a mechanical keyboard. This thread is about mechanical keyboards, not just keyboards in general. All the advice you're gonna get in here is "get a mechanical keyboard".
>>
File: 1431725814454.png (23KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1431725814454.png
23KB, 128x128px
>>52380433
Quickfire XT on amazon.
>>
>>52380433
my noppoo choc mini was 92€ on amazon, it's 84 keys tho
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (115KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
115KB, 950x950px
>>52380518
>>
>>52380518
>this thread is about mechanical keyboards

Then why is all this Topre shit allowed?
>>
>>52380568
Is this a Dell shill? I've never heard of Dell advertising on /g/, but this is pretty weird.
>>
File: 1447300474156.jpg (77KB, 543x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447300474156.jpg
77KB, 543x700px
>>52380502
>dell has always been good
>>
>>
>>52380627
Now that is what I call autism.
>>
>>
>>52380433
My Ducky Zero was only 90 eurobucks, CM Quickfires are around that price too.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (172KB, 743x626px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
172KB, 743x626px
>>52380633
$725? wow
>>
The only dell keyboard I like is that $30 one with the touchpad build in. That thing is convenient as fuck for a media pc or if you have a big monitor and want to use the computer from a couch or something

>>52380602
kys dumb frog hamster poster
>>
>>52377961
honestly i'm kinda waiting for this whole 60% topre meme to die out

unrelated to that but people that buy 60% boards w/separate numpads and keep the numpad to the right of their keyboard are fucking idiots
>>
>>52378644
please I can not find any info on any last step
>>
>>52380715
numpad to the right of mouse is always the best option
>>
>>52361884

It is here!

>https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set?mode=guest_open
>>
>>52380715
>honestly i'm kinda waiting for this whole 60% topre meme to die out

Most people only use their computer for facebook.

No need for a numpad for that to be honest.
>>
>>52380787
>that shipping date
Just kill me already.

Those arrow keys for the text modifier set is retard tier. I'll just get the icon modifier set instead.
>>
File: granite.png (68KB, 1112x846px) Image search: [Google]
granite.png
68KB, 1112x846px
>>52380787

>granite
>$151 to outfit my Compact SQ
>April 18th ship date
>wont arrive here until May

That is annoying.
>>
>>52380733
nvm found it ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmzg6WMnf0
>>
File: smugcrillin.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smugcrillin.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>150$ for a granite set
>delays and horrible quality control
>massdrop is know for wrong shipping, missing keys and bad sets

Hurr durr why is topre so expensive?
Ahahah
>>
>>52380953

>>massdrop is know for wrong shipping, missing keys and bad sets

SP is actually pretty solid with their QC. But it goes to MD first before it ships to you, which is in my opinion a Very Bad Thing.
>>
+shipping
for ISO/DE with the bare minimum I'd need. Not sure if I want this.Might as well get the Pok3r set for 35€.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-12+at+01.20.36).png (5KB, 219x222px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-12+at+01.20.36).png
5KB, 219x222px
I'm just gonna buy two hhkbs.
>>
File: 1452010136935.png (47KB, 986x860px) Image search: [Google]
1452010136935.png
47KB, 986x860px
Regarding the debate about whether certain keyboards are mechanical or not:

Most keyboards are technically mechanical since there are moving parts. This includes some of the cheapest rubber dome or scissor switches and makes the term pretty useless.

The keyboard community has instead collectively redefined the term to refer to a subset of boards that fulfill extra requirements. Most common is the idea that the switch must activate before it bottoms out. Some other properties that are sought after include good durability and feel.

Topre and bucking springs fulfill all these requirements just as well as any Cherry switch. It also makes no sense to divide an already limited topic when they have so much in common.

If you can think of a better definition for "mechanical keyboard" that doesn't mention any brand names, I'd love to hear it. But it's too late to change the community. Deal with it.

TL;DR: Most keyboards are mechanical, the term is misused, this is really a high-end keyboard general.
>>
>>52381000
>>52380953
>>52380836

To be fair, those are the prices if you are the only person to buy them.

Should drop significantly before it closes.
>>
>>52381070
eh, so the price for the child sets will drop too?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-21-42-08.png (306KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-21-42-08.png
306KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>52380809
>what is tenkeyless
>>
>>52381103

Yes.

>>52381138

Even the nav-cluster isn't needed for facebook.

For that matter, you could probably remove punctuation and be okay too.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (84KB, 745x453px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
84KB, 745x453px
>>52381107
$269?
no
>>
Can someone who has used topre and blues answer this:

The actuation force for blues is just perfect for me, so should I get Topre 55g? Why do some people claim that Topre feels heavier than blues even though the force required to get past blues' bump is 60g? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>52381207
>>52381103

Childsets will be lowered manually though.

Will lag behind with price updates until the very last day most likely.

>>52381223
>not the HiPro version

Why even bother?
>>
>>52381207
Wait, are you trying to argue that hhkb are good because normies only go on facebook and don't need the excess keys.
How many normies of that caliber do you think even has a desktop computer, let alone a mechanical keyboard.
Your argumentation is shit.
>>
>>52381227
If you like blues, why switch?
>>
File: Screenshot-2.png (241KB, 1025x583px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2.png
241KB, 1025x583px
holy fuck >>52371879 I gave mine to my brother
>>
>>52381264
Because my friend is going to Japan soon, so might as well ask him to buy one for me for a cheaper price. I want to see why people keep shilling Topre.
>>
>>52380602
>two left hands
>>
File: FilcoKeyboardKobo.jpg (243KB, 1000x420px) Image search: [Google]
FilcoKeyboardKobo.jpg
243KB, 1000x420px
>>52381307

If he is oging to Japan and you like blues, why not order a custom Filco?

They look fantastic. And they even support the Convertible 2 board now for most designs.

>http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/kobo/
>>
>>52381357
>This image
What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>52381307
topre doesn't feel heavier than blue.

I'll try and help you since I used both:

blue has almost zero resistance until you hit the point where it clicks. then you need the force to make it click.

the problem is that you can make the keys wobble with almost no force before hitting the click. I could move my fingers across the keyboard and make them slightly depress no problem for the 1mm before the click.

this leads to a cheap feel.

Topre on the other hand has a more solid feel and you need the force pretty much from the start to press it, and then you feel the dome collapsing and then it goes down (but quickly starts pushing you back up!).
the key activates 1mm in like the blue iirc.

in the end, you can't make topre keys wobble by hovering your fingers over them like with blues, so it feels more solid and classy.

The shitty noise of blue is another matter.
>>
>>52381386
>topre doesn't feel heavier than blue.
Just to be clear, this applies to Topre 55g as well, right? I'm afraid that 45g might be too light for me.
>>
>>52381367

Step 1:
>Choose a Design

Step 2:
>Choose a size/layout/language

Step 3:
>Choose a switch

They have custom frame designs. Gold flake, paint splatter, Japanese Lacquer, etc.
>>
>>52381447
The woodgrain design is fucking nice.
>>
File: gyaru.jpg (51KB, 496x607px) Image search: [Google]
gyaru.jpg
51KB, 496x607px
NEW THREAD

>>52381459
>>52381459
>>52381459
>>
>>52381464
Stupid slut.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.