[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these Noctua fans worth the premium? I want my next build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (43KB, 194x321px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 194x321px
Are these Noctua fans worth the premium? I want my next build to be quiet and have a good sound profile, and I hear the acoustics on these things are really good.
>>
>>52359912
You can get them much cheaper than that. They're my favorite, but $35 for an NFF12 is robbery.
>>
>>52359939
It's not USD
>>
I have some I got for free in a promo

they're super quiet but I wish they weren't turd/coffee colored. looks weird as fuck.
>>
>>52359912
>Anonymous
pccasegear represent!
>>
>>52359939
Ausfailia was based on it.
>>
>>52359912
Phantek fans are better and come in different colors
>>
>australia
>hardworking families can't afford a brown fan
>sandniggers riding the bus with iPhones
>>
File: topkek2.jpg (3KB, 125x88px) Image search: [Google]
topkek2.jpg
3KB, 125x88px
>>52359939
>5 dollars cheaper in America
>25 dollars shipping
>>
>>52360168
Mwave is pretty decent also
>>
>>52360168
>getting checked by 'le air shippeng'

Mwave FTW
>>
>>52360216
Are you saying that you inadvertently paid for air shipping?
>>
>>52360168
>>52360214
>not using MSY
customer service is for plebs
>>
>>52360344
The owners in Adelaide are dicks tho
>>
>>52359912
They're the Apple of fans.

They all work decently and have good marketing. Other manufacturers put out good fans that are just as good but you need to do your research eg. Gentle Typhoon.
>>
>>52360381
would you say the best place to buy pc stuff in adel would be in msy? either shops in adelaide dont seem to compare in terms of prices.
>>
>>52359939
pc case gear is australian jewish website
>>
>>52359936
Ponpon
>>
>>52359912
No, the thing that makes them silent is the larger size and rubber corners where you screw them into your case.

You can buy a cheap larger fan for less and buy rubber inserts that you can mold to the corners for less.
>>
>>52360414
Pretty much the best place in the CBD
>>
>>52360414
MSY is the cheapest, but they treat their customers like shit.

There are multiple reviews of them online, not to mention the past issues with the ombudsman where they didn't honour warranties.
>>
>>52360398
That's not really fair since they win awards, are good to customers/enthusiasts, and are objectively superior to most other fans, including many "silent" fans, not to mention their coolers. The price is hard to swallow though.
>>
>>52359912
I bought a couple of Fractal Design Venturi fans and they sound like fucking jet engines without the low speed adapter. Even with the adapter they're still pretty loud.
Should have gone for Noctua fans instead.
>>
>>52361435
Pretty much any fan is going to sound loud at high speeds, especially when mounted against a case grill
>>
>PCCG

Mah nigga
>>
Get bequiet silent wings
They're more silent and they don't look like shit
>>
>>52360429
you probably shop at msy you fucking neckbeard
>>
>>52359912

They are the best combo of silence and power.

There are quieter fans, but they are weak as fuck.

There are more powerful fans, but they are quite loud.

Noctua strikes a good balance, and since they have AWESOME warranty support and require zero maintanence, they are really worth it.

$35 is a ripoff though, should be around $20 at most.
>>
File: 20151205_221356.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_221356.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>52359912
I'm running four of them. I picked them for a few reasons over the competition.

1. They've got higher Static Pressure's over fans of the similar speeds. (Corsair SP-range, Phantek range, BitFenix Spectre range, etc.)

2. They're backed by a massive warranty with a rated 150,000 hour usage.

3. I've used their products before with my old build and the fans never skipped a beat for 5 years straight.

If only I had thought of the JetFlo range by CoolerMaster, I'd have given them a go. They come with LED's and are rated for an additional 10k hours over the F12's
>>
>>52362424
Not him, but what's wrong with MSY? The neckbears they employ there actually seem to be ex NEETS instead of normie salespeople trying to shill you out of your hard earned autismbux.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.