[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to win $1000 in a radio contest, basically you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
I'm trying to win $1000 in a radio contest, basically you just need to tell them what song they have played twice, it can go on for days.

I thought I could put Shazam in auto mode and build a history but the problem is when looking at the history, if a song plays again it just brings that title up to the front of my history instead of displaying it twice.

I have looked into other apps like soundhound but no luck so far. Any ideas?????
>>
>>52358448
Record the station everyday run Shazam and generate a track list. Script and repeat.
>>
>>52358478
Shazam will only show the track once though, if it plays again while I'm AFK or sleeping it just brings that track to the front of the list, I need it to display twice (doesn't have to be Shazam, I just need a solution)
>>
>>52358448
Most radio stations have a list of what they played on their site try that fgt
>>
>>52358986
This station doesn't due to this contest, it was the first thing I checked.
>>
>>52358478
>>52358986
Are you retarded?
>>
Even if you pull his off, what are the chances of you being the first caller?

Can't you use Audacious or Winamp to stream and than use scrobber plugin to post tracks on last.fm? I never done this so I can't confirm. Some radio stations show track name while i plays.
>>
>>52361414
>what are the chances of you being the first caller?
Better than average, Its not like one of those "be the first caller to answer a simple question" where there are lots of people trying calling, getting busy signals and whatnot. Also I'm re-dialing on 2-3 phones at a time (Landline, cellphone and sometimes gmail or internet calling) when trying to get through and I've had good luck in the past. This contest goes up by $1000 per week, it was up to $8000 when someone recently won. They are tricky because they will play a song at like 4am, then play the same song like 12 hours later at 4pm so it gets missed quite often and the contest tends to go on for a few weeks at a time.

>Some radio stations show track name while i plays
They specifically don't so that while they are are running this contest.

Here's the thing, IF I did get through and win, I'd be willing to give 20% (week one = $200, weeks 2 = $400) of the winnings to anyone here that helps me get this set up correctly, through paypal or whatever, just make sure to post your answers here using a tripcode so that person could give me their contact info.

Here's the embarrassing part, I'm not that tech-savvy, and have never posted on /g/ before...
You're saying to stream the radio station through winamp, then use some plugin that will post the tracks to last.fm ? You're sure that it won't repeat the same issue as shazam? meaning that a duplicate track will indeed be displayed twice as opposed to just bumping that track to the front of the list?
>>
I'm not familiar with Shazam. If you can output the track names to a text file, one per line, you could run a duplicate line finder on a loop.
>>
>>52363088
>If you can output the track names to a text file
Lol no, its a mobile app
>>
>>52358448
>implying most modern stations don't spam the same 10 fucking songs every hour
>>
>>52363201
Maybe its a song that was popular a couple of months ago and isn't played that much anymore
>>
OP it's not worth it for me.... 20% of 1000 memedollars is about 120$

I'm sure you'll find some POO IN LOO tho.
>>
>>52363201
'CAUSE UPTOWN FUNK GON' GIVE IT TO YOU
>>
File: 1451889982623.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451889982623.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>52363336
20 percent of 1000 dollars = 200
120*5=600
20*5=100 percent

This has been math with anon, see you next week
>>
>>52363917
Are you a retard? OP is not offering $ as in US dollars. he is offering memedollars (NZD).
fuck off.
>>
>>52363201
its not a modern station, they play old timey blues for an hour every night which is why I started listening to it in the first place, also I was surprised it went up to $8000 last round, just shows how few people listen to it, which gave me the idea to actually try hard to win as the odds seem good, but the old jazz and shit is tricky.
there is also a time frame for naming the repeat song, I just cant listen to it 24/7, which is why the original idea was to let shazam run on auto next to the radio and just leave it/
>>
>>52363936
>NZD
lol where did you get that idea?
>>
>>52363936
Not him but where does it say NZD, if that's the case I'll just steal OPs idea and pocket the change :^)
>>
>>52363956
who knows
www.therock.net.nz/Win/TheNoRepeatWorkday.aspx
>>
>>52363973
I just googled no repeat workday and got results from radio stations in the us,ca,uk,au & nz
>>
>>52362704
Never used last.fm, but it should work and keep record of all tracks you listen. The real hassle is getting the stream on the player. If station provides m3u file or PLS, then you are set. Otherwise poking around on web streams to find the source to add it to the player has a low chance of it working.
Winamp should already have the plugin installed.

Another method is to run an extension with tune.in or whatever stream. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastfm-scrobbler/hhinaapppaileiechjoiifaancjggfjm?hl=en
This should be easy mode since you are not tech-sawy. If you don't have Chrome you install the portable version: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

All of this goes to shit if there is no stream or the stream doesn't update songs lists. Because of that I won't even bother for your offer and if it works kudos to you. If you must: donate share to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or Free Software Foundation. I don't give a fuck if you don't, more for you.
>>
>>52364167
Hey great, thanks for the info, I have never used last.fm either but this seems promising (or at least the very best shot at what I'm trying to do), much appreciated.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.