[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

most silent build? 24/7 of white noise can become painfull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1452111550322.png (154KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1452111550322.png
154KB, 330x327px
most silent build?

24/7 of white noise can become painfull
>>
Better than 24/7 hours of black noise. Can't wait to move out of this shithole.
>>
>>52357923
i have tinnitus so i actually appreciate some noise

can't help you, anon
>>
>>52357923
Just get a soundproofed case like the Define R5 and use the fan controller to undervolt all your case fans to 5V. Pretty much total silence for non-gaymen tasks.
>>
Better than 24/7 hours of depression. Can't wait to move out of this shitty thoughts.
>>
OP again
I really don't know how I managed to keep my hearing intact, everyone in my family is almost deaf and to communicate in close range they litterally scream

>>52357966
I can manage to get rid of it in a 4/5 hours if I keep everything silent, then again I prefer keeping my ears bleeding than listening to a damn fan spinning inconsistently

And don't even get me started on my old prescott with defective thermal compound

searching on google I found something
CR-95C Pearl (if they didn't discontinued altrady) should be enough to keen an ultra low wattage i3 on decent temps with no forced airflow, ssds of course and a soundproof case as >>52357973 said

now I only need to find a silent PSU

Any suggestion?
>>
File: they're waiting.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
they're waiting.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>52358005
Easily fixed, anon.
>>
File: IMG_20151219_124558~01.jpg (990KB, 3089x2140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_124558~01.jpg
990KB, 3089x2140px
>>52357923
Just add a few resistors and a potentiometer like me, my PSU is too old so it revs at 100% regardless, I fixed this problem by manually controlling fan speed. You should try it to, or better get an LM35 and mod your build to increase fan speeds (or maybe even turn on fan) only when the temperature increases. My PSU is 250W but it should work with higher rates ones too
>>
just have an ssd and a noctuna cpu fan. use the ultra silent cords
>>
Turn down your fans, your processors and stuff unless you're using it for gaming, you'd be suprised how little CPU usage you can get away with on windows and modern linux, and it's noticably quieter.
>>
>>52358210
Seasonic make fanless PSUs up to 520 watts, and they are about as good as they get.

Also, if you're looking at low wattage i3s, consider avoton as well. Come soldered to the board with passive cooling, and they are pretty quick. One fan pulling air out would probably be enough unless you're abusing it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.