[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's an app called MHD Flasher on the google play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: BMW 1800 (2).jpg (737KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BMW 1800 (2).jpg
737KB, 1800x1200px
So there's an app called MHD Flasher on the google play store that allows you to use OTG connection on an android device to flash your car's ECU. You download the app for free and use microtransactions ~$100 to unlock the ECU Maps for your car's VIN number. If I were to root my android tablet and use an app that people use to get free coins/cars on google play games microtransactions, could I possibly get these ECU maps for free? I've never worked with rooting an android before.
>>
>>52357318
>could I possibly get these ECU maps for free
It's possible, if someone has already cracked it, to get it for free. If nobody has then you will need to crack it yourself.

Just do what everyone else does and but a used one off ebay, do your thang and then sell it back on ebay.
>>
>>52357459
cracking an app would be hard as tits for somebody with no experience wouldn't it.
>>
>>52357318
Do you really want to do this? What happens when you fuck up the ECU?

You're money is better spent decarbing your engine if pic is your car...
>>
>>52358088
Bingo.

Are you trying to run a custom fuel map on your car or race mod it or whatever?
>>
terrible fucking idea. buy the correct flashing tool or take it to a real tuner

your dad would be angry if you fucked up his cars ecu and you had to explain why the car needs to be towed back to the dealership
>>
>>52358741
I'm gonna have to agree with this guy.
There's 3 options for this app thing:
1. The app works as advertised, giving you more power, better economy and all the shit it promises.
2. The app does literally nothing and the entire thing is a placebo. You've literally thrown money away.
3. The app manages to reflash your ECU, but hasn't properly calibrated it so you run into potentially massive problems in the near future. This could destroy your engine.

Bottom line, it seems awfully sketchy. I wouldn't trust it.
>>
>>52358715
>decarbing is easier than adjusting fuel maps
Do you own a car?
>>
>>52358817
>Do you own a car?
Yes, several.

Decarbing is not easier than adjusting fuel maps. Decarbing IS easier than fucking with some unknown app, there is zero point in tuning an N54 until it's been decarbed anyway...
>>
>>52358784
pretty much this
at worst you've flashed bad ROM onto your ECU and your car is routinely and thoroughly fucked. you'd be at the mercy of your dealer to flash back, which they'd charge you through the ass for.
If you're looking for performance gains, just decarb it and put a cold air intake on it.
>>
>>52357318
Long time ago I was talking to Oscar Jackson (of Jackson Racing) and he said that they never touched the ROMs in the ECU.
People who knew a lot more about those engines than he ever would had made decisions. He wasn't going to second-guress them.
>>
>>52359934
>>
> microtransactions
> $100
>>
>>52357318
>could I possibly get these ECU maps for free?

Stop being an asshole.

It sounds like many people worked extremely hard to deliver a really simple solution to a problem that you appear to have.

This kind of retarded bullshit is just going to bite you idiots in the ass in the future. It's going to get harder and harder to make money in technology.
>>
>>52357318
>$5 OBD cable
>old laptop or netbook
>>
>>52359934

Well, are you talking about changing the actual firmware of the ECU, or changing the fuel map?

The fuel map is tuned to meet each market's emissions requirements.

It's the analogous to providing a different data file to some program (e.g. a new AVI to a video editor).

Changing the ROM, the actual program run by the ECU would be unwise.
>>
Even if the map is legit, the chances that your shitty phone, laptop, car and USB cable will all cooperate is pretty low. It will probably write all zeroes, or drop/corrupt some of the data, or just write complete garbage, and then you're fucked.
>>
i have an app that allows you to get free micropayments but its a matter of luck really and has flaws, the one i use is freedom + cracked google store
flaws: cant update google store or it will break
needs root, potentially bricking your device and some apps dont work with rooting
it wont work if the app confirms if payment actually occurred, a lot of apps do it nowadays, matter of luck but serious apps like this are more likely to practice this

i downloaded the app to try it but couldnt get to payment because wants connection to engine, thankfully it works with root

hopefully i helped you
>>
>>52361354
forgot to mention the app description is said regular license checks this will most likely break it
freedom also no work with subscription payment model micropayments
>>
>>52357318
>could I possibly get these ECU maps for free?

lol impossible, especially if it's bosch made ecu. just pay for $100+ for a new one. Seriously what car are u drive ?
>>
>>52357318
how are you going to connect a phone to your ecu? Don't you need to make an OBD II connection? If you are already going to buy an OBD II adapter buy one for a laptop and do the shit for free.
>>
>>52358715
>decarbing your engine

What the fuck is that?
>>
>>52362107
>>
File: Capture.png (158KB, 637x1253px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
158KB, 637x1253px
>>52362117
Oh, how is that better than changing fuel ratios? (Assuming he can do it with the app)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.