[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good/generally recommended prebuilt PC suppliers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Are there any good/generally recommended prebuilt PC suppliers?
>>
>>52356793
Apple
>>
Alienware
>>
>>52356808
into the trash you go
>>
>>52356803
>>52356808
simply ebin
>>
The more general rule of thumb is to never buy a consumer prebuilt PC. If you want an actual advantage over building your own, buy a business model so that you get superior build quality and better support from the vendor. This applies to Dell, Lenovo, HP, and anyone else with separate consumer and business lines, and also applies to laptops for everything but Apple.
>>
>>52356793
apple makes good computers and they are worth the price
>>
>>52356793
apple is by far your best bet
>>
either apple or alienware
>>
apple
>>
Apple.
>>
>>52356793
i personally prefer alienware but apple is another good option
>>
apple
>>
>>52356829
Thanks anon, I'll check that out.
>>
Dell Optiplex or other business-grade system. They are generally higher quality than consumer grade trash, and come with less bullshit installed.
>>
>>52356958
Cheers, looking at these right now. Seems like a good option.
>>
>>52356958
This. I run an optiplex 9010 sff and a latitude e6410 and couldn't be happier. I could have built a better tower, but this optiplex is tiny, has a quad core i7 and 16Gb ram, so I'm happy. The latitude is far nicer to use than my macbook. Weird getting used to the keyboard nipple though.
>>
Building is better when possible but isn't always possible; e.g. when what you need is a laptop.

We so direly need open laptop and tablet form factor standards akin to those we've had in the generic PC world for decades (ATX, mITX, etc). Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could fix or upgrade your laptop with off the shelf components from your vendor of choice? How amazing would it be if you could build a laptop to perfectly fit your needs instead of having to settle with the concessions that today's laptops inevitably burden you with.
>>
>>52356793
does shit taste good?
>>
>>52357038
>Building is better when possible
So you use packet cake-mix and think that adding that egg makes you a chef.
But you're not buying a bake-house cake, are you? So that's good, isn't it?
You're also not making anything from scratch.
Selecting the raw ingredients and blending them.
I'll bet you don't even read the data sheets.
>>
>>52357726
Even if you only use packet cake mix, at the very least you can read the ingredients list and know the actual level of quality of what you're buying. Premade mixes aren't really analogous to building a PC, however; it would only work as an analogue in the case that you buy your PC components as a pre-selected, mostly-inclusive kit. Which precisely nobody does.

Aside from that, building a computer entirely from scratch at this point is impossible for any particular human, at least if you want a computer as we know them now. I'm not sure that there's a solution for that either unless humanity suddenly decides that it's happy with reverting to 80s-level tech.
>>
File: 1452228231093.jpg (65KB, 704x368px) Image search: [Google]
1452228231093.jpg
65KB, 704x368px
>>52356834
>>52356849
>>52356874
>>52356890
>>52356903
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.