[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphics update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: header_productshot2.png (183KB, 551x346px) Image search: [Google]
header_productshot2.png
183KB, 551x346px
Hello these are my PC specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 62 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 (AM3r2) 27 °C
Graphics
VE248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA) 36 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 03FZEX-00MK2A0 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 33 °C
139GB WL150GSA 16100 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 33 °C
7GB SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S SATA CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I want to buy another 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA) for the SLI (running 2 improves performance), my PSU is "COOLER MASTER EXTREME POWER PLUS, 500W"

I want to know if my setup can handle the new graphics card and if its a good idea, maybe instead of buying the same 550 Ti I can buy a better one and still be able to SLI (Running 2)?

Thanks.
>>
This PC is fucking ancient
>>
>>52356475
You won't find a new 550ti. Your PC is pretty old, but a new GPU could make your vidya gamez run better.

I would suggest an NVIDIA GTX 960 or AMD Radeon 380x. Both are about $200 USD and will be a significant upgrade for you.
>>
>>52356655

So I would simply be better buying a newer GPU than trying the SLI ?
>>
>>52356717
Yes. Not only will another 550ti use a lot of power paired with the first one, it's really old and won't give you much of a boost in general.

Here are Amazon links to those cards. Both will work with the current power supply you have, and use the same 6-pin PCIe power cable for power.

NVIDIA: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Installed-Backplate-Graphics-04G-P4-3967-KR/dp/B012NOWERC/

AMD: http://www.amazon.com/XFX-990MHZ-2XDVI-Graphics-R9-380X-F24M/dp/B017WMD1Z4/

Choose whichever you prefer. /g/ likes to shill both sides, but at this price point the two cards are more or less equal for what you'll get out of them.
>>
>>52356655
this, I would suggest sticking to amd since your processor is amd as well
>>
>>52356797
>http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Installed-Backplate-Graphics-04G-P4-3967-KR/dp/B012NOWERC/

Thanks a lot guys! I think i'm buying a new one then, is it really mandatory for me to buy the AMD one just because my processor is AMD as well? Or can I just go ahead and buy the NVIDIA ?
>>
>>52356797
You are retarded but I guess it doesn't matter
>>
>>52356827
You did alright with your NVIDIA 550ti and your AMD processor. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>52356475
gpu memory does to work additively and it wont work that way with vulcan or dx12 unless devs program it to (you are less than 5% of people on the pc, and less than 1% of their total sales, you want to count on the devs to bust their balls programming for what is likely .25% of their overall sales?)

you are better served getting a gpu with at least 3gb of ram,

basicly anything would beat the fuck out of your current performance.

also, if i remember right the phenom II line had a top temp for working at around 61c, you want to shut your shit down and do a thorough cleaning of the heat sync, if you are on stock, remove the fan as dust created a layer between it and the fan making it impossible to cool.
>>
>>52356475
>I want to buy another 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA) for the SLI (running 2 improves performance), my PSU is "COOLER MASTER EXTREME POWER PLUS, 500W"
can you be any less tech illiterate
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.