[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you could get back every dollar you've ever spent on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: future.jpg (109KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
109KB, 1000x508px
if you could get back every dollar you've ever spent on your personal pc/pc's what would you do differently right now with all of it?

Personally? I'd buy one of the newer ultrabooks with USB-Type C and an external GPU(One of the many seen at CES) to be able to come home and game on the same machine I've been carrying around with me all day
>>
>>52353112
Every dollar I've ever spent on my computers (including lab)?

Honestly, I don't know. I got most of it for free, and sold a bunch more.

So I guess nothing, because it's an income generator or something...
>>
>>52353112
Smaller case, less fans, bigger SSD
>>
>>52353112
spend the money i spent on underpowered laptops and use it to buy a better processor

emulation still hurts on this pc
>>
>>52353112
>what is cpu
>>
>>52353112
Actually, I'd probably do the same thing
I might buy the new razer blade though, it seems pretty damn cool is the battery life is worth anything
>>
I'd build a VM server with an 8 core Atom, 32GB ECC RAM, and a RAID10 array with 4x4TB HDD for NAS, SSD for OS, and I'd use it to replace most of my dedicated boxes with VMs, probably throw in a GPU and use it for gaymen in another VM with PCIe passthrough as well
>>
So I'd get back all the $ I spend 6 years ago?
I'd build the same sort of PC, using the same money, just with new parts instead of those dated ones.

The sad part: It wouldn't be much better performance wise. Probably like 5-10%.
It was a mid-tier PC 6 years ago, and all this money could afford is a modern low-tier one nowadays.
PCs are ridiculously expensive right now in comparison.

So, basically all $ on a new personal desktop PC, and not a penny more.
>>
I would have waited a few more months to get a 680 instead of a 580, dunno about getting an ivybridge over 2500k through. Would have researched fans more and got some quieter ones.
>>
>>52353112
>gaming on a tiny monitor and shitty keyboard
why?
>>
>>52353357

I really wish razer would get over their angsty teen lighting schemes - outside of the 0 taste when it comes to typography and lighting they actually make really handsome devices.
>>
the only regret is multiple monitors, i just don't need it
>>
>>52353411
I can deal with the tipography and the keyboard is RGB anyway so the color is a non-issue here
>>
File: deal.jpg (27KB, 148x216px) Image search: [Google]
deal.jpg
27KB, 148x216px
>>52353112
Probably a workstation laptop with e-gpu compatiblity.
A new 4 xeon server with 128 gib of ram atleast.
Decent Networking stack.
And maybe a NAS.
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (114KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.jpg
114KB, 600x400px
>>52353357
>>52353112
i am making pic rel, beocuse poor fag here
>>
I'd go mini itx or full atx instead of fucking around with mATX.

It's still too big to be portable and too small to fit anything crazy.
>>
I'd go cloud based until Zen ships then I'd build a computer around AMD Zen
>>
I wouldn't have bought a new mouse last month, I switched back to my old one.
>>
File: firepower.jpg (161KB, 572x503px) Image search: [Google]
firepower.jpg
161KB, 572x503px
>>52353469
I have been considering making one of these problem is finding a way to power the screen straight of the PSU.
>>
>>52353112
Probably get Skylel instead of my crap Haslel, or just go for Haslel-E and also drop my 2 290Xs for 2 980Ti, because AMD can seriously go fuck themselves with their utter crap CF support.
>>
>>52353497
Find an LCD inverter that can run off 12V?
>>
File: pyrared.png (351KB, 814x822px) Image search: [Google]
pyrared.png
351KB, 814x822px
I would buy this.
>>
>>52353540
Welp now that I know this it's time to get to work lol.
>>
>>52353112
i'd spend it on a sick enduro rig and a steel HT.
>>
>>52353357
i prefer the Asus one as at least that has the quad core instead of a low voltage dual core.
>>
>>52353112
>every dollar you've ever spent on your personal pc/pc's
My momma's bought me so much of my electronics (cuz I'm such a good boy) that I'm not certain I've purchased anything other than this laptop.

>what would you do differently right now with all of it?
Nothing different. I love this laptop - it has it's problems ofc, but nothing I can't fix.
>>
haha same guys 13 y/o /g/entooman reporting in here im such a smart and gifted kid that my parents bought me all my shit for free haha xD sure feels nice being a neet doesn't it my bros???
>>
>>52353112
The Asus e202 is perfect for that setup, I wish I didn't buy an older netbook.
>>
>>52353674
Proprietary connector though, fuck that
>>
for the most part I'd keep everything except i'd buy a new card instead of my used 280. it was a great deal, but its also dead now with no warranty so yeah.
>>
I'd buy a cheap fucking laptop to get by with general internet browsing and watching animu and save all of that money.
>>
File: now_we_wait.jpg (32KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
now_we_wait.jpg
32KB, 344x400px
>mfw my laptop already has thunderbolt 3 port.
>>
>>52353112
A reasonably kitted out HP Z series or Dell Precision
A nice business-grade laptop with a dock
The rest on rebuilding my old shit collection with some nice examples of high-end hardware rather than a bunch of shitboxes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.