It's up and working fine for me....though Downforeveryoneorjustme says it is down, which is odd. Really doesn't matter what's going on though, if TPB is being raided, it will return. Always does. If we're lucky, maybe the admins are rolling out a new website.
Check out https://proxybay.la/, theres a long list of proxies at that link so that when TPB is down, you can still access it.
i think u guys are lying
kickass sucks, responds to DMCA requests. that means any popular torrent won't stay on there long. Also, the anon who said they moved to a .ms domain is right: https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-switches-on-new-ms-domain-160107/
Same thing that happened the last 20 times. Why do you even ask?
FYI motherfuckers, just use the load balancer/failover URL:
it will always redirect you to whichever of their highest priority domains is up
it's been pointing to .se for months
but couple days in a row pointed to .ms
though i just checked it and now it's back to .se
TLDR: use https://thepiratebay.org for always up-to-date TPB domain
kickass has a decent community and a large amount of torrents that don't get deleted from dcma
it's easier to tell when a torrent is legit because of the rep system and personal accountability
Guys, dutchfag here, the piratebay never has been truly down in my country.
all the different TLD's are refusing connections, quick portscan shows 0 ports open.
I'm getting scared now, this never happened before.
There was always one last straw if resistence, like the waving flag or the countdown.
Huh, says its down on that site still, but I can access it just fine
I'm not lying to you anon.
Probably just the pointers are updating.
You are probably closer to the west coast. I'm closer to the east.
After a short traceroute it immediatly got to 127.0.0.1
I manually install an adblocking hostsfile on my phone, for some retarded reason it has thepiratebay.* in it.
i'm going to fix it now, after that i'll report in if it's down for the netherlands (piracy is kinda legal here)
Just a bump.
Apparantly my OS is so alpha that it can't automatically change the hosts file using an app, i did it by hand in the terminal because no textedit app would open this huge thing.
It's up as usual, my ad-blocking hostsfile blocked it so it didn't work initially.
I'm going to do a pull request to the repo i got it tomorrow to correct the error of their ways.
I used google dns (220.127.116.11) in the netherlands and it just works.
Read the rest of my posts.
It was my adblocking hostsfile redirecting it to localhost, resulting in connection refused errors.
I fixed it and it works