[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan archives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Booklet 01.jpg (1MB, 1200x1806px) Image search: [Google]
Booklet 01.jpg
1MB, 1200x1806px
Why are there so many 4chan archiving sites? http://yotsuba.1ch.us/
>>
File: kate.jpg (40KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40KB, 425x516px
Because archive.moe died.
>>
>>52349551
All the new ones are just incompetently uploading the same archive.moe data. On top of that, none of them are archiving the boards that people want archived (except maybe that big one if it's actively archiving).
>>
>>52349536
>yfw /gif/ has no archive
>>
There are so many valuable, insightful posts made on 4chan every minute of every hour of every day that we can't rely on just one site to archive them for future generations.
>>
>>52349808
That's my point.
>>
>/b/ is being archived
why.png
>>
File: 1452309232243.jpg (77KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
1452309232243.jpg
77KB, 400x541px
>>52349877
lolwut?
>>
>>52349960
there exists an archive of /b/ that goes as far back as 2006
>>
The whole idea about archiving 4chan is so retarded.
>>
>>52349960
Cause threads die quick af, sometimes I wanna come check how a thread went two hours after I initially looked at it only to be met with a 404. What would you rather have archived instead?
>>
>>52349536
>government is being ddos'd
>"god damn please not 4chan again"
>proceeds to visit 4chan archive
>finds thread on /b/ with initial statements on this attack
>forward to media to have proofs
>>
>>52350031
Yeah but isn't that one that only archive threads on request? I don't think there is an absolute archive going back more than 2 years
>>
>>52349966
John, haha. Where did you find this one?
I really, really, really like this image.
>>
>>52350048
It helps against censorship, cuz you can see the full threads without removed posts.
>>
>>52350533
>chkd
OK, legit argument.
>>
>>52349536
why did elfen lie, /g/?
>>
>>52350533
Censorship on fast moving imageboards isn't really legitimate. If censorship is occurring on on /v/, you post about it 10 times faster on /b/. The other option is not using 4chan when there are many more options out there.
>>
>>52352159
10 times faster/10 times more often

*and with a MUCH bigger audience.
>>
>>52349536
because privacy died long time ago all over the world

it got extinct

rip in peace sweet prince
>>
>>52352961
it has got nothing to do with privacy, you baka
>>
>>52352961
Hello newfag
>>
We tried having one site.
Didn't work.

foolz was goat until, well, it wasn't.
>>
>>52355430
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! I AM NOT NEW I HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE THE LENNY FACE! FUCK OFF YOU STUPID INTERNET TOUGH BOY! ILL FUCK YOU UP NIGGER!!!!!!
>>
>>52349536
Because foolz died and all the inferior spinoffs came after foolz.
>>
>>52355456
foolz admitted it bit its own foot when they started hosting /v/ and /vg/ which burned the whole foolz staff with the stress of archiving /v/ and /vg/ and they all ended up quitting.
>>
>>52355898
AM LENNY
>>
>>52349536
>>52349551
This was the main back up site & it died Op I remember reading some message that was giving the users some data it's far beyond me I can't sort server data.
>>
The archiving sites are stupid though, especially since they all use the same shitty software. All they do is record every thread posted, and the huge majority are shit. Someone needs to make a site that just saves the best threads from the current archive sites (through nominations maybe?).
>>
>>52359376
Please, your ideas are almost as old as 4chan, and the "archive this thread" posts were almost as cancerous as the "everything is a meme" meme.
>>
>>52359417
Acquire some reading comprehension skills.
>>
woxxy ;_;7
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.