[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mpv/ - still no windows builds with vapoursynth support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: sad_mpv.png (206KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
sad_mpv.png
206KB, 512x512px
The only way to get better algorithms than madvr is with vapoursynth.
Why no windows builds with vapoursynth support?
What are your favourite vapoursynth scripts you use with mpv in realtime?
>>
File: slut.jpg (68KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
68KB, 450x450px
>>52348637
>windows
>>
>>52348741
Yes windows, the only one os where gpu drivers work correctly.
On linux it's just shitty hack with poor results and quality.
>>
File: mpv_512x512.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mpv_512x512.png
24KB, 512x512px
The experimental, but awesome mpv config with vapoursynth.
http://forum.ezoden.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=901&start=30#p5323

Kill everything you can do with madvr, that's truly insane.
>>
>>52348637
Noone cares about your children's gayyming OS or your placebo nonfeatures.

t. linux mpv user who watches videos not the individual pixels and scaling algorithms used to view them
>>
The mpv you can get from ubuntu software center is painfully out of the date, I think it's a 0.3 version.
>>
Why is mpv screentearing like fuck on fullscreen under windows 10 and an intel HD4000?

This doesn't happen with bomi.
>>
File: CastleBig.png (3MB, 1392x872px) Image search: [Google]
CastleBig.png
3MB, 1392x872px
Do not waste your time with mpv and vapoursynth.
Vapoursynth is very slow and will never compete with gpu rendering.

You are on windows, why don't you want to use madvr?
The new 0.90 release is just awesome:
madVR v0.90.0 
* added support for 3D decoders (IMediaSample3D)
* added support for 3D frame packed playback via HDMI 1.4+ (requires win8.1+)
* added support for native 10bit 4:2:0 DXVA decoding (+ scaling)
* added "Reconstruction" chroma upsampling algorithm (replaces NEDI option)
* updated SuperRes algorithm for chroma upscaling * replaced luma upscaling "linear light" with "sigmoidal light" option
* sharpen edges is now ever so slightly brighter than before
* updated AdaptiveSharpen to version 2016-01-07
* fixed: D3D11 presentation crashed NVidia driver if 3D vision was enabled
* if DCI-P3 3dlut isn't selected, BT.2020 3dlut is used instead (if available)
* if BT.2020 3dlut isn't selected, DCI-P3 3dlut is used instead (if available)

It's easily 2x faster than mpv with similar settings because it's optimized to work with windows and direct3d.
The new super resolution algorithm is insanely good.
The new chroma reconstruction algorithm is just amazing and it runs with my shitty apu.
>>
>>52351620
The ubuntu 16.04 has the most recent mpv, 15.10 has 0.9.2
>>
File: peg.png (1MB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
peg.png
1MB, 1280x854px
>>52348637
I love MPV

But why the absolute fuck does it need pulse-bloated-botnet-audio as a dependency?

Alsa is far superior in ever way.
>>
>>52354101
>The new super resolution algorithm is insanely good.
It's not super resolution, just the guy called it SuperRes for no reason
>>
>>52357512
>not using gentoo
>>
>>52357727
I'm actually thinking of doing it.

Although i thought it was a dying distro
>>
>>52354101
>It's easily 2x faster than mpv with similar settings because it's optimized to work with windows and direct3d.

Can you back that statement? I'm genuinely curious. I've used KCP with the best tier, and the image quality is shit compared to mpv. Upscaling from 720p to 1440p by the way.
>>
>>52349308
Muh gaymen gpu
>>
>>52348637
build it yourself
https://github.com/lachs0r/mingw-w64-cmake
>>
Does anyone know of a filter chain that can help x265 videos play back more smoothy on toaster laptops?
>>
>>52348637
Everything useful in vapoursynth eventually gets ported to mpv's opengl renderer.

>What are your favourite vapoursynth scripts you use with mpv in realtime?
My only vapoursynth script was smooth motion and that got ported over.
>>
What would be the best config to use for a Windows system with a gtx 660 and a Linux system with intel hd 3000?
>>
>>52358600
Enable the flags for faster decoding in LAV, use 64 bit builds, not gonna help much though
Or just transcode the stuff to something the toaster can manage
>>
>>52354101
>It's easily 2x faster than mpv with similar settings because it's optimized to work with windows and direct3d.
mpv is much faster than madVR since it isn't coded by full blown retards
Just compare color management, the impact of using a 3dlut in madVR is massive, meanwhile the impact of using massive cubes in mpv is minimal, LCMS is way better than the POS that is yCMS
>>
>>52358599
Is there a cli tool to auto install all the dependencies for compilation on windows correctly?
I have a shitty core2duo laptop, how much time to compile mpv?
>>
File: 1.png (65KB, 1440x756px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
65KB, 1440x756px
Is http_proxy depreciated?
How can I stream youtube through MPV through a proxy that uses the port 9090 and requires login?
>>
will mpv hardware decode h265 with a gtx 960?
>>
>>52361622
ask devs
>>
>>52362781
I did

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2655
>>
>>52357512
That's like saying IP is superior to TCP: it makes no sense to compare different layers.
>>
>>52358525
R E T A R D alert.
>>
>>52360597
applying 3DLUTs always crush shadow details no matter how many samples the color profile has (in my case 6000+) rendering it almost useless

if there was an option to only cap the saturation and not mess with display gamma or grayscale I would use it instead, the calculations and the processing time would be trivial compared to full blown LUTs and you would never clip any detail
>>
>>52364701
isn't that basically a 1dlut
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.