[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>used item on offer >owner assures it's "great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: win81onfloppies.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
win81onfloppies.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>used item on offer
>owner assures it's "great condition, fully working, no problems whatsoever"
>asking for flaws says there's none he's aware of
>take the bait, buy
>all seems ok at first glance
>after some time some not immediately apparent, but annoying and persistent flaw manifests
>soon you come to conclusion that it must have been the very reason the previous owner decided to sell it off in the first place
>upon contact, seller denies any knowledge of fault, obviously refuses to take item back too, "i dunno, you must've broken it anon"

Why do assholes so often put items on sale that have hidden faults they never acknowledge existing, neither before nor after the sale?

>"this item developed a fault and while it still werks it's fucking annoying to use now"
>"hurr, rather than throwing it away let's just try to cover the fault up a bit temporarily and sell it off to some fag, never ever admitting to the fault"

Is this the way everybody does these days?

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>52348002
I honestly try my very best to make sure someone knows what they're buying from me to ensure they're not upset the way I have been before, and hope my very best that people will do the same unto me.
My genes contain 0% Jew
>>
>>52348002
buy new or get used to it cunt
>>
>>52348002
don't generalize
there are assholes in the world
expect them to be assholes
but don't be an asshole yourself
>>52348238
good lad
>>
The problem is with people who, in general, never give a shit about anything, and so they also don't give a shit about the quality of what they're selling. I doubt they even see it as screwing someone over. Buying used is a lottery, and one should always be aware of the risk. I try to only buy from non-idiots, so spelling errors in the description are a red flag already.
>>
>>52348002
>not only buying from reputable sellers
You only have yourself to blame
>>
>>52348238
This.
When selling I list every single fault or cosmetic flaw no matter how minor, just to cover my own ass if they go crying to eBay or PayPal.
>>
>>52348002

I dunno, but I've had people break something, when I had clear pictures of how it was sent intact, and claim I sent them something broke, and they refused insurance.
>>
>>52348690
This. People who don't give a shit about their own things probably don't even see the issues.

I've asked people on eBay to list any cosmetic issues and to state the item was in perfect condition of that really was the case.

Reply: "yeah it's fine"

Just gotta avoid them.
>>
>>52350074

I'm actually more likely to buy an item if the seller acknowledges the slight flaws. The best case scenario is when they list that the item has a "crack near touchpad" or something and they have 8+ photos of it and you see that it's a 5mm crack
>>
>>52348002
thread unrelated but op's picture is a fake

http://www20.atpages.jp/katwat/wp/?p=3600
>>
This is what makes me scared of buying pc hardware. I bought a bike off of Craigslist but I'm able to easily look at it and see if there's anything concerning. I've been eyeing a GTX 960 on Craigslist but I'm worried something will be wrong with it and I don't want to drop $170 on something I'll find will be broken
>>
>go on Craigslist this time last year
>see G watch R for $150 (new price was $300)
>pic looks like day he opened it
>"I really just don't care for it. I will not drop my price so don't bother."
>hit him up, he still has it so aak to meet up
>get it from him, looks like its never been worn, no marks, dings, etc
>boot it and synch it with my phone and everythings good
>give him cash and ask him why he was selling it
>"Well I got it as a gift and I already have other watches I like better."
>on his wrist is some massive rectangle Diesel looking watch with 2 watch faces in it
>about 60% of the face of the watch is shit bronze metal
>say "oh cool" and leave
>been daily driving the GWR since.

I'll admit, its not always that great of an experience, and you can get jewed, but you can snag deals yould never get elsewhere
>>
>>52350121
who cares, It is a joke about how bloated windows is.
I once got a windows install with several cd's back when windows still sold a way to install their software.
>>
>>52350555
I've gotten a pretty nice bike for about $140 off of Craigslist. The dude was selling it for his wife, but it was a man's bike anyways, not that it makes much of a difference. According to /n/ the parts can be sold for a bunch if I wanted to do that, but otherwise it's just a really nice and reliable bike from the 80's.

I also got a record player for $100 instead of the $200 new, and it's gone well
>>
>>52348002
Surely you jest?
>>
>>52348002
What kind of shit country do you live in? Where I live you are allowed to return item during certain time window regardless of reasons. And if you fail to notice that something is wrong during that time then it's your own fault.
>>
>>52348002
It's a doggy dog world out there, anon.
>>
>>52350616
I thought it's a joke about how far behind in tech the average jap household actually is
>>
>>52351567
They all exist for our amusement.
Windows is like burning building full of kittens.
It might be fun to laugh at, but if you think about it is a tragedy that could have been avoided.
>>
>>52350875
>>
>>52351967
>>Windows is like burning building full of kittens.
Well, the current state of GNU/Loonix isn't much different
>>
>>52352037
with gnu/linux the kittens are free to choose whether they are inside the building or not
>>
>>52352024
Graphs like these are a diamond dozen, do you have any real facts?
>>
>>52352062
You're free to abandon Windows at any time if you please
>>
>>52352076
Hate to be the bear of bad news, but it's all just opinions by this point
>>
>>52348264
This. By trying to be jewish you got jewe'd son
>>
>>52352076
The graphs must be pretty rare and valuable then if you have to give up a diamond to get a dozen of them.
>>
i sold a phone i hadn't used in a while on ebay. the buyer returned it for me and asked for a full refund, as the phone wouldn't accept sim cards. i verified this (looked online, common fault) and issued a full refund.

it's a shame it happened, but, whatever.
>>
>>52352174
For all intensive purposes let's say they are.
>>
>doggy dog
>a diamond dozen
>the bear of bad news
>for all intensive purposes

Are Anglos this out of touch with what idioms in their own language even mean, or are you making these up as you go?
>>
>>52352348
you get retards in every country. yours is no different.
>>
>>52348002
This is why you should always use a credit card, or Paypal.

I don't mind being tracked, so long as I can perform chargebacks with no real fuss.
>>
>>52352348
>Berenstein Bears
>Mirror mirror on the wall
>Looney Toons
>implying they don't come from a different universe that recently merged with the current one
>>
>>52352348
>consecutive posts not spelling/wording idioms properly

Gee, it's almost as if it's a joke or something.
>>
>>52352251
You mean "intents and purposes".

Jackass.
>>
I have a SFF PC here that I would like to sell but can't because it won't reboot properly. It just gets stuck with the fans spinning full blast. This is especially annoying when combined with automatic restarts for updates at 2AM so I need to shut it down completely every Patch Tuesday if I want to get sleep.
>>
>>52352458
You should really drink some tea or take some deep breaths man, it would do a lot for your piece of mind.
>>
>>52352495
kek.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.