[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LaTex Editor for Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: latex.png (5KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
latex.png
5KB, 256x256px
What is your LaTex setup for Linux?
Also, your favorite font for a report.
>>
>What's your favorite editor for -
Emacs.
>>
Vim
>>
nano
>>
>>52347502
TeXMaker.
Although I use ShareLaTeX because I co-operate with 6 other people.
>>
I use nano, for writing c and stuff as well as just like adding a repository or editing config files. Should I switch to vim or emacs? They seem really annoying to learn... I use arch...
>>
vim + a line in vimrc that compiles with pdflatex
>>
Kile. (K integrated latex environment)
It is a good editor, works right away but if you want to configure it, it is easy to do so.
Instead of googling the name of some special characters, you can just use the built in sorted tool where you can see the character and clicking it will write it.
It automatically deletes temporary files so anything that isn't a tex file or pdf file is removed when you close the application.
It is pretty good.
>>
>>52348189
I'd honestly suggest switching to emacs. It's extremely customisable and should be most familiar to you, coming from nano.
Vim isn't bad by any means, but it's definitely going to be harder to learn, and doesn't have all that many benefits.
>>
>>52348099
>type i
>type backspace
>bunch of As start appearing
>type delete
>vertical tabs
>ctrl+c out of that shit
>>
>>52348271
>I can't read a tutorial
>>
>>52347502
I use texmaker on linux... And fonts?

\usepackage[charter]{mathdesign}
>>
>>52348267
Sounds cool, I'll check it out. Does anyone know any good plugins for writing C, I.e. syntax highlighting, or is that stuff built in?
>>
>>52348303
It has default C support built-in, though by default it auto indents according to GNU style (which is terrible), so you should change it to K&R or disable electric-indent-mode.
Though you can install more support for it: https://github.com/emacs-tw/awesome-emacs
>>
>>52348303
Yeah, most of what you'll want is already built in most of the time. I'd suggest adding milkypostman's repo for a wider selection of extensions though. https://melpa.org
>>
>>52348329
Cool. I will start using emacs then.
>>
texworks as a nice+lean editor, with latexmk to take care of bibtex and repeated pdflatex invocations and the like.
>>
kile + git
>>
>>52347502
Just use vim senpai. It werks.
>>
>>52347502
Emacs with the AUCTex package
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.