[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fan direction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 01.jpg (42KB, 622x738px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
42KB, 622x738px
Hello /g/entooamn!

I got recently new hdds (7200rpm) and they get very hot. I have a chassis like this where the hdds are placed sideways. On the side is a fan case for 3 fans.

In which direction should they point?
Into the case and blow cold air in?
Or point outside the cas and blow hot air coming from the hdds out?

I know that in normal cases you would blow the air in the front in and get the hot air out of the case with exhaust fans|the psu.

Pic related looks like my pc case.
>>
File: 02.jpg (44KB, 560x696px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
44KB, 560x696px
>>52343731
And another picture with the chassis closed. As you can see there are holes in the side panel from where the cold air could be sucked in if the fans blow air out on the other side.
>>
It's really up to you and how you want your setup to work. Consider the other fans in the case and which way they are all facing too.
A lot of people try to have more fans going in than out, therefore creating a net positive pressure inside the case, hopefully not sucking in dust in any gaps.
Either way just think about the fans you have and where you want the air to flow and go from there. Up to you
>>
all fans in trust me
>>
>>52343787
You need at least 1 outfan bruh
>>
dust filters dust filters dust filters
>>
>>52344592
>bought new case
>filters everywhere
>year later
>no dust inside
Why didn't I do this earlier
>>
>>52343731
It makes almost no difference for cooling, with blowing in having a slight edge.

But blowing in has the distinct advantage of more intake than outtake in the case, giving it ever so slight positive pressure and preventing tons of dust within case.
(you obviously still need some form of dust filters on intake)
>>
>>52344663
Because it reduces cooling and adds noise. Only slightly, but still. Tbh I just lifted my PC up from the floor and put on the desk. Same end result.
>>
>>52344995
>Tbh I just lifted my PC up from the floor and put on the desk. Same end result.

wat
>>
>>52343731
Keep in mind that warm air goes up. If the fans are located to the bottom, suck the colder air in and put a fan at the back to the top to push it out.
>>
>>52345641
It's a computer case, not a skyscraper, goddamnit. Any natural convection becomes completely irrelevant with introduction of ANY fan.
>>
>>52345472
It's not on the floor, so it's eating less dust. Are you retarded anon?
>>
>>52345677
why do you have to call me retarded bro?

maybe you should try cleaning your basement once in a while btw (by the way)
>>
>>52345713

not him but it's just a bit of bantz m8. Don't get your knickers in a twist.
>>
File: 238.jpg (72KB, 378x363px) Image search: [Google]
238.jpg
72KB, 378x363px
>>52345761
ok cool
>>
>>52343731
just blow all the air in out is overrated.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.