[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What actually makes JS/node/any framework on JS so bad? It gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: jsterror.png (80KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
jsterror.png
80KB, 300x393px
What actually makes JS/node/any framework on JS so bad?
It gets alot of hate here, and I don't like it myself for the horrible syntax and the single-threading of node.
But there has to be more, right?
>>
no type system
>>
File: eggplant.png (212KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant.png
212KB, 512x512px
Eggplants
>>
>>52342774
JS is probably one of the most durable languages created. Trolls and scriptkiddies gave it the stereotype that its bad. Flash was way ahead of its time and can still be the prime source for media that's encoded.
>>
>>52342774
flood of frameworks that do the same thing and are over complicated for no reason
>>
>>52342822
>what is FORTRAN
>what is COBOL
>>
>>52342790
That doesn't specifically make JS bad (although it helps), but it is a feature multiple languages support.
>>
>>52342774
I can't talk about all js frameworks in general.
But js has some fundamental flaws. The two biggest are probably its inconcistency throughout the whole language (stuff like []+{} and {}+[]) which make it a pain to learn and use, and a type system that is so weak it will gladly parse a string to a number if it finds the opportunity and sell it as an implicit cast and can't even guarantee how many parameters will be passed to a function.
Node tries to give you asycronycy without the trouble that is locking and synchronisation. The way it does that is with callbacks. Unfortunately it does not provide the necessary abstraction facilities to compose these callbacks. So bad programmers will inevitably end up in the infamous callback hell. Obviously good programmers are able to write their own abstraction layer to work with but tons of code is still an unreadable mess.
>>
File: 1442200772223.gif (496KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1442200772223.gif
496KB, 500x455px
>>52342774
>he actually thinks g's opinion matters
>>
>>52342774
That code snippet in the OP picture isn't really evil though. Nothing can really be injected in there.

Stupid and lazy? Yes. Evil? No.
>>
>>52344936
>for(p=...)
>not for(var p=...)

spooky skeletal stuff goin on in here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.