[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samsung will start selling factory unlocked phones directly to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: galaxy s6.jpg (803KB, 1920x1026px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy s6.jpg
803KB, 1920x1026px
Samsung will start selling factory unlocked phones directly to consumers starting with Galaxy S7.

This is in response to carriers dragging their heels with certification on OTA firmware updates.

Customers will be able to activate factory unlocked Galaxy S7 handsets on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. Samsung has not been able to secure an agreement with Verizon on unlocked phone activation.
>>
>>52342360
The S7 better have microsd/external storage then.
>>
>>52342360
Why the fuck would they need an agreement with the carriers to activate phones? You just put a damn sim card in and it's activated.
>>
>>52342372
they're bringing back microsd and waterproof

>>52342484
verizon is a big fat shit
>>
>>52342484
Verizon is known for refusing to activate phones they didn't sell themselves whether or not the phone is compatible with their network.

Retarded shit like this still flies in the U.S.
>>
Fucking hell, the US phone market is a joke.
>>
>>52342360
what does factory unlocked mean? Inserting any simcard is possible or what?
>>
>>52342568
Unlocked means you can use any SIM.

Factory unlocked means you can use any SIM and doesn't have carrier-installed apps or customization.
>>
>>52342514
>>52342503
you can buy a burner phone for like $20, activate it, then transfer the sim
>>
>>52342360
dont curr. iphone is the best phone anyway
>>
>they're bringing back microsd and waterproof
how do you know?
>>
>>52342640
Oh so nothing out if the ordinary (OK for burgerland mavbe )
>>
Phones aren't unlocked by default in the US?
>>
>>52342645
Verizon is CDMA. No SIM cards
>>
>>52344197
LTE still requires sim cards though
>>
>all these great unlocked phones coming out for US LTE service
>verizon won't activate pgones they don't approve
>t-mobile still faggots with their 911 service and won't allow band 12 access even to phones with the capability
>>
>>52342360

Or you could just buy an iPhone and be happy.
>>
Does this mean anything at all about rooting? Since you lose your warranty and all. Only reason I'm not getting a note 5.
>>
>>52342640
So.. basically it's the same as the international version?
>>
>>52342360
I've not bought a mobile since my HTC HD2, many years ago. I'm in the market for a Samsung S6.

When I got my HTC HD2 from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk it was unlocked and unbranded and I just dumped a sim in it.

They're selling S6's not locked to any carrier it looks like...is this right? Is it just american suppliers that lock their phones?
>>
>>52344739
>iphone and being happy
>kek
>>
>>52344739
And buy an iPhone and not be a whore to Google's spying on everything you do.

>inb4 mah freedoms, I am a neckbeard with no life so I root my samsung cause I am l33t.
>>
>>52342545
It really is. And it's fucking sad.
>>
>>52346595
yes, this is just an ameritard thread,
nothing to see here. People in actually developed countries have had this for years.
>>
Jesus I'm fed up with Verizon being superjews and trying to put their bloat into every update.
>>
Is there anything we can do to kill the US carrier jewing?
>>
>>52350464
Not pay for their shitty services
>>
>>52344197
>no SIM

so what do they use?
>>
>>52348473
Rekt
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.