[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
Do you mine Bitcoin? What miner do you use? How did you set up your mining farm? I'm considering to buy a miner, and I want to get informed before. Thanks for replies!
>>
File: 1217.sdt-news.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1217.sdt-news.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
bump
>>
>>52339273
Pic related is why you have no replies. I'm pretty sure you can't even begin to make any money without a setup that large.
>>
>>52340218
>>52340218
this.

really deterring.
>>
how much money do you even get from bitcoin mining?
>>
>>52340413
As far as I know, the average person can't really make that much anymore. Power consumption will almost always outweigh your earnings. You had to have gotten into the game quite a while ago to be successful with it.
>>
>>52340455
And what if power consumption doesn't matter? I could operate some miners with free electricity. In that case I could make money even with just one small miner, right?
>>
>>52340674

Just ask your parents for money instead of scamming them with your retarded enterprises.

Also, get out.
>>
>>52340674
>Free electricity

Fucking lol. Even with solar panels you can't outweight the consumption. You're dead wrong if you think you can mine with a gaymer PC. You need some serious server hardware to make some real profits which even then will be very minimal.
>>
>>52340743
> parents
> scamming
> retarded enterprises

the fuck you talking about?
>>
>>52340674
>free electricity
Just steal money from their wallets, at least that's less wasteful.
>>
>>52340817
>Even with solar panels you can't outweight the consumption
Nit him, but I have 1kW of panels and I'm only capable of using/storing 800W of that at any time.
If I bought a $100 used ASIC, and it was calculated to pay for itself in a year, what would be my loss?
>>
>>52340817
> fucking lol
> solar panels
Where I work I have access to electricity I don't pay for. This means free. Not like it's your business anyway.

> gaymer PC
The fuck you Talkien about? Of course one can't mine with a PC. Everyone knows that who read a little bit about mining after 2014. You need an ASIC miner.
> server hardware
Really? Please. You obviously don't have any idea about mining, why do you comment then?

I thought there are reasonable well-informed people on /g/ but I was wrong, very much so.
Also rude sad jerks everywhere. I will
> get out
>>
>>52340674
If you have access to free electricity
>implying you do or ever would
You could make a lot more money other ways than the trivial bit mining scheme
>>
>>52339273
Ask in /biz/
>>
>>52340993
Give me ideas!
>>
>>52340958
>I thought there are reasonable well-informed people on /g/ but I was wrong, very much so.
Also rude sad jerks everywhere. I will
This everytime I ask something here. This board is /b/ wo the trap threads. Even /b/ anwsers nicely sometimes and on topic.
>>
>>52341046
There's a secret to not getting blasted and that's by not being retarded
>>
>>52341046
>Also rude sad jerks everywhere. I will
This everytime I ask something here. This board is /b/ wo the trap threads. Even /b/ anwsers nicely sometimes and on topic.
Not even high but pretty sure that's not the words I posted. WTF
>>
>>52340817
>server hardware
>that much arrogance founded on pure ignorance
Dunning-Kruger effect in full force
>>
>>52341716
exactly. KEK
>>
>>52339273
Is it 2010
>>
>>52339273
Not op but my house is electrically heated, so I was thinking it might be useful to heat it with a couple of old computers instead. I have an old tower with an i3 and an ancient laptop with some pentium crap. Do you guys think I could mine anything in the next 3 months while I'm burning electricity for heat?
>>
>>52341806
Not with that hardware
>>
>>52341806
CPU mining only makes sense with altcoins that were designed to be inefficient no GPUs

Monero (XMR) for instance
>>
>>52341806
The idea is great, although heating with electricity if you pay for it is not. But if there isn't another solution...
Mining with CPU/GPU is not possible anymore. Technically is, but making real money isn't. You need specialized hardware called ASIC miner to do the job. I'm not very familiar with the prices and capabilities so an affordable miner miht not be worth its price. But for heating it is still a good alternative, even if it doesn't give back its full price. Give it a try!
>>
>>52341905
>Mining with CPU/GPU is not possible anymore.
It is with some altcoins
http://cpucoinlist.com/

Monero mining was even profitable on Amazon EC2 CPU instances for a while

There's a new currency coming out in a few days that doesn't have ASICs either:
https://decred.org/
Most efficient on AMD GPUs

This is a good development because mining shouldn't be in the hands of a few industrial operations in China with cheap electricity
>>
>>52341046
>>52341693
This your first time on the 4chan rodeo? If you stick it out and reword your questions, you wont draw trolls into your thread en masse

plus they already answered your question. It's not viable so it's really not worth the effort. Do some mturking if you really need beer money man
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.