[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 6

File: 1452373248824.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452373248824.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
post em
>>
/g/ is largely populated by children who spout their uneducated opinions
>>
reddit is not that bad
>>
File: 1450375239427.jpg (35KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
1450375239427.jpg
35KB, 703x703px
>>52338608
AMD > NVIDIA
INTEL > AMD
M40x > M50x
AKG > Sennheiser
Corsair mice > Logitech spaceship mice
>>
Java is actually quite enjoyable
>>
>>52338608
gentoo = meme
>>
I wish everyone on this board wasn't a huge asshole.
>>
Less pixels is better.
>>
>>52338608
I like Ableton Live as my main DAW, and I think Windows 10 isn't shit, just meh.
>>
Life without a SSD is unsustainable.
>>
>>52338866
including you.
>>
File: isep2MK.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
isep2MK.gif
134KB, 340x340px
My favorite programming language is Visual Basic

Actually serious
>>
I kinda like JavaScript, it's easier to learn and not that bad, if used correctly...
>>
I like to use proprietary software
>>
>>52338608

This board is 80% shitposting and proves how socially maladjusted IT people are.

>not joking
>inb4 shitpost response
>>
>>52338991
It's easily one of the best languages out there.

Events, OOP, run as script, run in websites, fast thanks to V8, npm versioning is great...

Python/PHP/etc go to the trash.
>>
I think women should be encouraged to hold stem positions
>>
>>52338848
linux = meme
>>
>>52338608
I use Mac OS X. I often use proprietary software to get shit done.
>>
>>52338608
An internet meme is something widespread around the internet, not something you dislike.
>>
>>52338608
Not technology

>>52338637
>>52339054
Not unpopular opinions
>>
>>52339141
Not relevant
>>
>>52338608

Current flagship smartphones are too damn big!!

Where is a 4" with extremely fast processor and great camera at?
>>
I prefer enterprise OEM hardware to "building"
Windows 10 is alright as long as you don't use a consumer version
Debian is not hard to use
Apple hardware looks like shit
Ultrabooks are useless hipster trash
There is nothing wrong with using optical media
>>
>>52339248
dumb faggot
>>
>>52339248
>manlet detected
>>
>>52338608
There should be a separate board for consumer technology.
>>
Linux = Shit
>>
>>52338608
7 inch windows tablets are nice, but I wish they had more ram
>>
>>52339315
and yet your girlfriends flock to us shorter guys because we don't look like lanky fucking beanpoles.

now fuck off
>>
Linux is better than Windows.
>>
>>52339547
Deluded
>>
>>52339547
What's the matter? Your tippy toes started hurting after they moved the menstrual pads to the top shelf?
>>
i like how unity saves me vertical screen space
>>
>>52338650
desu senpai that's not even that unpopular. most people hate jewvidia lately and we all know that intel's CPUs are better for gaymen machines and SFF builds, and well, the m40x thing is subjective anyways.. same with the mouse thing, but i hear ya
>>
>>52339272
>hardware to "building"
fuck you
>>
File: manlets.jpg (73KB, 448x820px) Image search: [Google]
manlets.jpg
73KB, 448x820px
>>52339547
keep telling your self that
>>
>>52338608
Bloatware doesn't really matter anymore, it doesn't have a noticeable performance impact.
>>
>>52339248
I HEAR YOU, I WANT THE XPERIA Z5 COMPACT
>>
>>52338608
I like women and hate anime
>>
>>52340280
I like both.
>>
Unity DE is great.
>>
Maybe all this technology is making us unhappy.
>>
Test
>>
Most of /g/ only browse one or two threads regularly and know jackshit about technology in general
>>
I like my i7-6700k.
>>
>>52338647
Default subs are cancer along with pcmr, some smaller subs aren't that bad though.
>>
>>52338650
Damn nigga, are you me?
>>
>>52339696

Yo, I'm like a hair above manlet cutoff status (6'1''), but leave the short guy alone. You can be tall and have small hands. I can just barely use the Nexus 5x one-handed. Everyone can't use giant-ass phones.
>>
>>52339103
>I think women should be encouraged to hold stem positions

I think most would agree to that, the problem is most women would rather get gender studies degrees and complain about how there's not enough women in stem fields.
>>
>>52338608
-Being an audiophile is a huge waste of money
-Macbooks are pretty decent for portables and OSX works well with the limited screen size and track pad.
-Clear sided cases are gay
-Open source clones of popular closed source software is never that good or its overrated
-Linux is only necessary if you are a paranoid tinfoil fedora lord
-Unless the movie is highly aesthetic or you really enjoyed watching it there is no point to anything greater than 720p
>>
>>52340995
B8
>>
>>52340995
it's like some ungodly combination of my own opinions and shitty, awful bait that everyone loves to hate
>>
>>52338608
Desktop thread is shit and should be removed from /g/.
>>
>>52341174
>>52341124
Im not even trying to be B8 this is my genuine opinion on stuff.
>>
yify was good
>>
There's still no torrent client as good as pre-sellout uTorrent.
>>
>tfw nothing better to do than report bugs to Facebook messenger
>tfw normal people would think you're weird for finding it fun
>>
The desktop PC is wasteful and obnoxious.
>>
arch linux is very stable, and i've been using it successfully on a production server for 4 years
>>
>>52340974
I would disagree; I see no reason to do that; let the chips fall where they may.

In lieu of further discussion I present a written piece by someone else: http://philip.greenspun.com/careers/women-in-science
>>
>>52338608
>people complain about macs but when they buy one, they are in love with them
>macs are amazing at what they do
>/g/ hates anything too simple or convenient and almost always shits on it
>there is nothing wrong with owning a console
>Gentoo is stupid
>most if not all linux OS' are pointless unless you're building a server or fucking around with it
>linux will never become "the year of the desktop"
>coke is better than pepsi
>audiophile are just newage hipsters
>the wii u is underappreciated
>the thinkpad is overrated
>lossless format in music is pointless. You will never be able to tell the difference at 192-230 MP3 and if you say you can, you're a liar and just want to look cool in front of your normie friends
>buying physical comics or music is pointless if you're just going to throw it on an mp3 player or sorts
>"Open Source" to most people means nothing.
>Not liking something because "it doesn't respect muh freedoms" is one of the fucking lamest things you can ever say due to the fact that you will never actually tinker with the code but you like to say it because you goto /g/ and you want to sound cool
>if you actually code cool but stop saying you code when you goto /g/. real coders don't care about you
>dragon shields are better than matts
>skullcandy's are amazing, get over it
>Chocolate milk is better than plain
>>
The only viable unix-like desktop OS is Mac OS.
>>
>>52341377

Fucking this. Manually configuring and compiling packages from and kernels from source is okay but default Windows Update settings are unacceptable even though it takes 30 seconds to reconfigure it.
>>
>>52339547
I bet you feel emasculated every time by a bigger guy. Fun thing is, we really don't think about it, yet you obsess about it.
>>
>>52341232
rtorrent
>>
>>52341377
>lossless format in music is pointless. You will never be able to tell the difference at 192-230 MP3 and if you say you can, you're a liar and just want to look cool in front of your normie friends
2bh I just really detest generational loss

>Not liking something because "it doesn't respect muh freedoms" is one of the fucking lamest things you can ever say due to the fact that you will never actually tinker with the code
This is why I regard Freedom to Modify as below Freedom to Distribute (though above Freedom to Sell). That said, I *have* occasionally needed to fix something broken in someone else's software, or download a patch to do so, and the more freedom the better.
>>
>>52339696
>ifunny

Kill yourself my man :^)
>>
>>52339556
I've been using Linux as a daily driver since 2013, it's so much better than Windows. I do appreciate Windows' animations and all though.
>>
>>52338979
I like BATCH scripting, I use it for everything, even though I know of much """better""" languages.
>>
I like flashy light up shit that I'd put in my case but I control myself
I don't think gaming laptops are bad
>>
>>52338874
Honestly this
>>
>the Big Bang theory doesn't so much as suck as people jump on the hate band wagon
>TBT has better comedy than most shilled out TV
>Gotham is amazing
>Flash is amazing
>Arrow is amazing
>>
Somehow you misstyped imgur into the URL anon
>>
>>52341377
>Not liking something because "it doesn't respect muh freedoms" is one of the fucking lamest things you can ever say due to the fact that you will never actually tinker with the code
That's just like le nothing to hide argument. Only because you, specifically, won't ever make use of this freedom doesn't give others the right to take it from everyone.
>>
People who say that PC is better than consoles outside the internet are cancerous as fuck
>>
AMD and nvidia are the equivalent of vomit and piss.
>>
>>52343081
i agree yes.

to a point tho anon, I do think people should be allowed to but the likelihood is moreso there vs some faggot on /g/ saying "it doesn't respect my freedoms!" no one cares about those at all, if that's true, stop wearing the clothes, or stop playing the video games you play, stop doing basically everything you do cause they more than likely also have patents on everything you like that you're not allowed to take apart and learn how they work. see my point?
>>
Installing normal arch on it's own to use as a desktop is retarded and a waste of time when tm there are many different arch based distros to chose from. Minimal arch is only useful for people making their own distro based on arch.
>>
All you shut-ins obsessing over freedom and linux are demonstrating the same herd mentality you're trying to rally against.
>>
>>52343127
We all know that Trident, MagicGraph, and Chromatic Research are the REAL best makers of GPUs.
>>
>>52343174
2nd this.
I try to get this thru to a lot of these nerds all the time but they get mad and tell me that I don't know shit even tho I stopped caring cause the gov would have to have legit proof with out spying on me illegally.
>>
>>52343227
Yup. Face it nerds, no one cares about you enough to spy.
>>
>>52339601
kek
>>
C++ is better than C
>>
>>52338608

Women are superior to men
>>
>>52343402
i can understand the "I want some privacy" like at a bath house to a point but come on, you aint doin anything more illegal than my dad torrenting.
>>
>>52338747
agreed.
>>
90% of open source software can't compare with proprietary counterpart
>>
>>52343550
What people mean when they say "protect my privacy" really translates to "hiding the fact that I'm too cheap to pay for something so I torrent it."
>>
HDTV's can make good monitors.
>>
>>52338647
Subs based on hobbies/interests are often good. Everything else is 9gag-tier
>>
>>52338608
java and php are fine.
so is kde.
>>
>>52343190
The cards are fine, it's everything else.
>>
>>52341377
>Chocolate milk is better than plain
I will fight you.
>>
Windows is ok. However, I genuinely find Linux more convenient. It might just be me being more used to Linux, but I like that I can just pull down the source for i3-gaps, compile it, spend 5 minutes tweaking my config and instantly have a great looking window manager.
Windows wouldn't let you do that shit without heavy hacks.
>>
>>52338979
I know you can like whatever the fuck you want but jesus christ why
>>
>>52338608
I like Windows ME and Vista.
>>
File: 1296562398003.png (2KB, 365x375px) Image search: [Google]
1296562398003.png
2KB, 365x375px
>>52343800
Mah nigga
>>
>>52344880
shuddup no you wont
>>
iPhone 5s was a perfect phone
>>
>>52345501
lel
>>
>>52345866

lmao
>>
I had a nightmare that somebody gave me an iphone and I was so happy.
>>
Topre is not mechanical.
>>
unpopular opinion on /g/, or unpopular opinion in the real world?
>>
Pissing in the sink is perfectly viable if you just clean it afterwards.
>>
Windows is both usable and the best option for your main OS.
>>
>>52345927
on /g/ retard
>>
>>52339272
>There is nothing wrong with using optical media

Sure, gramps. Would you like to make a CD with seven of your favorite pictures on it? It'll only take about twenty minutes.
>>
Arguably having an opinion or preference at all, independent of what it is and if g likes it already.
>>
>>52345962
oh ok

Linux would be good by now if normal people contributed to it and not aspie losers who can't take criticism
>>
>>52338608
You're mom is a whore.
>>
>>52340995
Agree on everything but the last one, on somewhat big screens (49+ inches) 720-1080p gap is noticeable.
>>
>>52341232
Use Transmission if you are on Linux/mac, or MiniGet if you are on Windows (as light or even lighter than transmission, simple GUI)
>>
>>52339272
I personally love optical media.
>>
Body hygiene matters.
>>
>Game of Thrones is the most overrated show in the last 30 years, it isnt a POS but its "ok" as much
>>
I know it’s extremely unpopular here, but I actually care about technology, I like the cyberpunk genre and I don’t think gayming threads belong on a technology board.
>>
The fact that there are thousands of 1 star written reviews for the new star wars movies, is a testament to how great the movie is.
>>
>>52346178
Gaming technology is technology too.
>>
the iphone 5s was the perfect phone. every smartphone after it has been clunky/too big.
>>
>>52346178
i love cyberpunk stuff too. gaming belongs on the gaming board obviously. i think tech enthusiasts are more often better at operating a computer than programmers are.
>>
>>52341748
>This is why I regard Freedom to Modify as below Freedom to Distribute (though above Freedom to Sell). That said, I *have* occasionally needed to fix something broken in someone else's software, or download a patch to do so, and the more freedom the better.
yep, even if i don't personally modify the software, i still know that others can, and that i can use others' modifications if i wish
like the CK patchset for linux, or the gallium nine patch for wine, or the thumbnail support patch for gtk2, etc, etc
>>
I think consumer technology and video games belong on /g/
>>
reddit is a pretty good place (if you are on the right subreddits)
>>
>>52341377

It's because when things are too simple, they feel like their intelligence is insulted (which most of the time is the case)
>lossless is pointless
cool rhyme, but no, while for the average listener it may not make a difference, if you're gonna edit and remix a track, it is better to use lossless trakcks
>buying physical music is a waste
It is not. It has value some people just can't understand.
>not liking something because it doesn't respect your freedoms
true enough, some people say it just to sound cool on /g/, but there are people who swear by FOSS software
>skullcandy=amazing
more bass != better sound
>chocolate milk better than plain
yeah
>>
>>52346541
hoarding is a mental illness
>>
I've tried the VR and feel queasy everytime. It wont work for BLOPS, so it has no future.
>>
>>52338979
This is basically the only programming language i kinda learned because it's so easy and you can make basic programs out of it.
>>
>Chrome > Firefox
>Firefox for Android is bad, not even addons makes it usable, and you can just use Lighting plus with adblock (which is much lighter than using uBlock in Firefox)
>Firefox is as much a botnet as Chrome when you are using Google services
>There is literally no reason to use Chromium on Windows
>Linux is pointless for 99.9% users
>Buying flagship phones is stupid, you can buy used last year flagship for 1/3 of the price
>Flashing custom ROMs on Android phone is only fun for the first time, advantages are nearly none, Stock ROM + root + debloat is always the way to go

And now for PCMR idiots
>Everything branded as gaming is waste of money
>Consoles are not that bad, graphics doesn't look as bad from the couch
>60FPS is nice, but when on consoles everybody does have the same HW, it isn't that big an issue
>Praising GabeN for Steam and saving the PC gaming is the most idiotic meme of all time
>Buying faster GPU than lower High-tier, when games either play greatly on mid-tier GPUs or doesn't run well on anything reasonable you can buy.
>>
The best thing about Linux is the colliding galaxies screensaver.
I don't even know if it's still around, it's been 20 or something years since I used it, Red Hat Linux from a magazine cd.
>>
>>52338747
Apparently faster than c++ too. I'm not sure how that happened
>>
>>52338747
>>52348768
is this bait?
>>
>>52345501
Kek
>>
>>52340995
I agree on all but the last one, although if I'm honest, I usually don't really see the difference between 720p and higher.

My opinions:
>Acer laptops aren't shit in general, there have been some shit laptops, but personally I have seen more ASUS hardware shit itself than Acer. HP consumer laptops really are all shit though.
>The Windows ecosystem is great and Windows Phone is a great OS.
>I really want to stop using Google altogether, but Bing still doesn't really work for me.
>>
Weeaboos and freetards are some of the most tolerable people on this board.
>>
ATX > mini-ITX. Even if you don't need the extra drive bays and expansion slots, the extra cost to get it is low, it makes the machine so much easier to cool and to assemble/work on, and nobody here is living in a Japanese capsule hotel where a midtower's bulk is actually a concern
systemd has some flaws but overall isn't that bad
smartphones are pretty much all the same these days, they've been fast enough for several years, and there's no reason to spend more than $100 on one

>>52348659
>The best thing about Linux is the colliding galaxies screensaver.
>not intermomentary
>or popsquares with the number of divisions cranked up to the maximum
>>
Trannies are mentally ill. Unpopular, but true.
>>
Anything bigger than 4 inches is way too big for a phone
>>
>>52349212
Forgot to add:
>PC gaming is not objectively more fun than on consoles. You have the most fun playing a silly game with some friends, regardless of the platform and no mod or graphics can make a game more fun.
>>
Windows can pretty much do everything Linux can and most of the time it does it better. Yeah, Linux has advantages for very few and mediocre at best.
>>
>>52345979
Have fun with your long term achiving in the cool and hip cloud.
>>
>>52342213
Oh I know this. Batch is just comfy to me in a way that bash cant replicate no matter how better it is.

I also like the Windows "core utils" better than GNU/Linux ones like del/dir instead of rm/ls.
>>
It's not necessary to poo in the loo.
>>
>>52353516
$ alias del=rm
$ touch penis
$ dir penis
penis
$ del -v penis
removed ‘penis’
>>
>>52353516
>>52355854
also, don't forget about wine!

$ wine cmd
Microsoft Windows 5.2.3790 (1.9.0)

Z:\home\mikurok>c:

C:\>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 98a5-6c44

Directory of C:\

3/01/2016 2:00 PM <DIR> Program Files
3/01/2016 1:59 PM <DIR> Program Files (x86)
3/01/2016 1:59 PM <DIR> users
3/01/2016 1:59 PM <DIR> windows
0 files 0 bytes
4 directories 141,723,721,728 bytes free

C:\>
>>
>>52338979
I love VB.NET, I learned first C-like languages such as C, C++, C#, and Java but the syntax of VB.NET is just my favorite, being my second favorite C#. Thank God I can program whatever I want in VB.NET learning from C# tutorials and still being fully compatible with C#
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.