[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey there bros i think one of my ram slots has gone bad. is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1446539954815.jpg (196KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446539954815.jpg
196KB, 675x900px
hey there bros

i think one of my ram slots has gone bad. is there any way to confirm it and is there any way to fix it?
>>
Use a ram tester.
>>
google ram tester
>>
Run memtest, if it says one of your ram sticks is bad switch them, if suddenly your other ram stick is bad you probably have a fucked ram slot.
>>
>any way to fix it
Likely not, unless you really know what you're doing. I don't. If you did, you probably wouldn't be asking this question. You can confirm it by testing the sticks one at a time, or by using someone else's ram. Last step is fucking off to the stupid questions thread instead of making a new one.
>>
>>52337704
Goddamn what is that dress called? I see it everywhere now
>>
>>52337704
If it's the slot you most likely won't be able to fix it. Just swap sticks to test if the slot is dead.
>>
>>52337747
The strong WOMYN but don't look at me rapist i'm still not asking for it dress.
>>
>>52337704
memtest86
mark which one fails
swap ram around
repeat until a noticeable pattern occurs.

It might also be you just got dust in the slot. Use some duster to clean out the slots and wipe down the sticks themselves. I've had a few motherboards that did this a lot.
>>
>>52337704
fucking image, i just came here for the image
>>
File: 1451454387314s.jpg (9KB, 240x239px) Image search: [Google]
1451454387314s.jpg
9KB, 240x239px
>>52337704
Id like to RAM that slot to the left of you.
>>
>>52337738
>>52337798
ran memtest+, did one pass through and no errors.

it happened after i bought 2x4 more gigs of ram during christmas sale. worked okay for a bit then BSODs up the ass. so i RMA'd the ram and got new ones and same problem. so i took out one of the new ram sticks and it wouldn't even boot to bios with some screen saying something about ram. so i took it out and put the other ram stick in the other slot. now im rocking only 12gb of ram.
>>
>>52337863
if memtest86 or memtest64 or whatever can pass the ram after doing a long intensive test (over 30 min long with multithreading), then the ram is fine.
Something else is the problem.
>>
>>52337877
yea, im 90% its the ram slot. i can't even switch motherboards because windows 10 is tied to this motherboard.
>>
>>52337704
I'd ram test her
>>
File: chip1.jpg (67KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
chip1.jpg
67KB, 480x480px
tsss, ohno wait, id fuckin stick my compuyatah pecka right in her twat till she bleeds an shit
>>
>>52337704
memtest to find a known-good stick, put it in the suspected slot, test again.
>>
File: 10-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>52337704

>hoverhand

Goddammit, son.
>>
>>52337704
Tl;dr
>OMG CAT EARS? HOW CUTE
>>
>>52341226
p sure its his sister anyway, they have the same face
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.