[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 51lIvKL1ISL.png (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
51lIvKL1ISL.png
33KB, 512x512px
What does /g/ think about emby?
https://emby.media/
>>
I need to take a piss
>>
Okay I'm back from taking a piss

>2016
>still no replies

I guess it's shit.

Hope we could help you.
>>
Thanks anon, will definitely give this a try it looks pretty nice.
>>
>>52335227
>https://emby.media/
the domain name is good desu senpai
>>
bloaty malware-esque and useless. Thanks!
>>
I use it, I like it. As a local and remote server, does a very good job
>>
Better than Plex, still plenty bad
>>
How is this better than Plex?
>>
File: 2015-01-22 20_35_20-Server.png (728KB, 611x903px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-22 20_35_20-Server.png
728KB, 611x903px
>>52337158
Free and open source, no botnet

Able to be used with Kodi to keep track of watched status, user accounts, etc

Able to be used with MPC-HC using MPC remote for media browser.

No need to create any online accounts or call-home bullshit (besides update checking, which you can turn off).

Able to rice your server using CSS (natively supported). Also able to edit the HTML and javascript (although you'll probably need to change it every time the server updates).

User accounts are stored locally, able to be managed via parental control, library access, feature access

Server logs that show you who's logged in and with what device, who started playing

Active devices showing you what users/devices are playing what media on your server
>>
>>52338521
>free and open source
>has a ToS that reads like proprietary software
>have to pay for rudimentary features via "premiere" that charges $100 for a permanent license

Looks like shit, smells like shit.

where2pirate?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1146x724px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1146x724px
>>52338591
>have to pay for rudimentary features via "premiere" that charges $100 for a permanent license
Emby 'Premiere' is just a GUI wrapper that's like Windows Media Center or Kodi.

The only benefits you do get from a subscription is access to a few addons like a cover art addon on your server. Pic related is what the addon does; it shows what resolution, and quality your titles are.

The only things not FOSS is some of their addons and specific clients. These are created by the community and not by Emby devs themselves.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser has all the projects that they have

For example, their Android and Roku clients are free but I think their iOS may be paid.
>>
Plex still appears superior
>>
I installed this today. Im actually not sure how I feel about it. Not a fan of needing premiere for shit. Unless I can bypass it.

Any other good media servers? I want to host movies and music for many of my friends. subsonic and madsonic are okay, like emby better than those tho
>>
>>52338521
>>52338739
all this and you fail to address streaming performance. how smoothly does it stream? what are the minimum hardware and connectivity requirements? since this is 4chan, does it support subtitles? multiple tracks?

not related to performance, does it properly reflect your current folder structure? that's something that plex does not seem to do. the last thing that did this properly was orb/winamp remote, but the streaming performance was not that good.
>>
File: file.png (585KB, 1037x438px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
585KB, 1037x438px
>>52341530
Streaming performance is decent. It uses ffmpeg to transcode and quicksync if you have an intel product I believe. It does have some sort of throttling mechanism for transcoding. Emby always tries to stream direct when it can however.

It does have subtitle support for chrome, and a few other devices/software, otherwise subtitles are transcoded/burned in at the user's request.
You are able to choose different audio tracks

Emby uses the same folder structure as Kodi. It's probably the same as on Plex so you won't find any luck here. I personally use FileBot when I download tv shows manually.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

This is the video player on the web interface
>>
File: file.png (637KB, 1045x439px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
637KB, 1045x439px
>>52341837
Also it does have audio track selection on the web interface
>>
>>52335227
it's pretty great. i have six other users set up on my instance who all access it over the internet. the interface is nice and recoding works well.
unlike plex, it doesn't break when you reverse-proxy it, and the android client is good and free.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.