[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LTT freakout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 19

File: Ltt_bbb061_5662400.jpg (28KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Ltt_bbb061_5662400.jpg
28KB, 780x439px
Does anyone have that video of Linus from Linus Tech Tips freaking out and breaking things? I never saw the video, but someone posted something about it a few days ago, and I forgot to bookmark the post.
>>
>>52333319
he looks like a fudge packer
>>
Google Linus drop tips
>>
Search "linus asus ces 2016" but be forewarned: language

He destroyed a laptop/external video card solution and an external monitor at asus' own kiosk at the tradeshow

Whatever meager fame and riches the internet brought him has finally gone to his head
>>
>>52333962
*tbqh
>>
>>52334105
jeezus what the fuck.
>>
>>52334105
Why did he go crazy?
>>
>>52334105
Hes the most obvious and the most closet fag in history (even got a wife and a kid). All these emotions building up and he finally broke
>>
>>52333990
>>52334105
I am not getting anything. Please note that he has the power to censor search results since his reputation realize on an online image.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbowuAFbslI
Make sure to use adblock though, he broke their demo and made their prototype laptop crash, he calls them assholes several times on camera and says that they're lying to him and he pulls apart the, again, prototype enclosure for the external GPU and pokes around in it and at the back to see if there was a LAN port (for some reason).
>>
>>52334230
Google and youtube don't give anything here too
>>
>>52334291
it's fucking nothing
>>
>>52334291
>calls them assholes in jest

WOOW LINUS FLIPS OUT HOLY SHIT

>unplugs laptop so it shuts down

HOLY SHIT HE'S BREAKING STUFF, HE'S FLIPPING OUT MAN

>Removes side-enclosure from external graphic thingy

JESUS WHAT THE FUCK MAN, HE BROKE IT
>>
File: tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>52334291
>>
>>52334291
>green text story gets tiptop likes
>>
>>52334331
Maybe for you and the Linus Sebastians of the world it's nothing to smash up things and then retreat back into your money and your vast carelessness.
>>
I don't really like linus, but he didn't do anything wrong in this video.
>>
>>52334404
>unplugs
HOLY SHIT, HES FUCMING SMASHING IT
>>
>>52334404
>smash up things

So bringing a demo of a prototype to freeze by unplugging (which can be fixed by restarting the system) is now breaking things?

And here I thought this was a technology board...
>>
>>52334351
>unplugs laptop so it shuts down
A product that has not even been announced probably running experimental drivers using a technology that is not even ready yet, and he didn't just "unplugged it", he essentially pulled out the GPU from a running system. Every minute ASUS employees need to fix that shit after he broke it is a minute another person can't use it or look at it. And if there is another press guy right behind him on a tight schedule they probably didn't get to see it in time and simply couldn't report on it.
>>
and here I thought I was about to witness a Stallman'eque nervous breakdown where he rants and throws hardware allover the place. Instead I got a passive aggressive breakdown of a product that was advertised incorrectly.
>>
>>52334291
So are you actually retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>52334291
For the first time in a long time, I got completely played.

Well played Linus, or some Linus shill. You didn't get any ad revenue from me, but you did get a view.
>>
File: 1358817981311.gif (2MB, 720x768px) Image search: [Google]
1358817981311.gif
2MB, 720x768px
>>52334494
this
Fell more the LTT meme.
>>
>>52334467
>product that has not even been announced probably running experimental drivers using a technology that is not even ready yet
Oh wow, why do they demo it then?

>he essentially pulled out the GPU from a running system.
1.: This is not really an issue except for freezing up the system.

2.: It's a product for a Laptop, so it should be designed to run as plug-and-play. Doesn't work right now, but hey, it's a prototype!

>Every minute ASUS employees need to fix that shit after he broke it is a minute another person can't use it or look at it.
Oh wow, hopefully the employees get paid extra for this tough job of restarting the system.

>And if there is another press guy right behind him on a tight schedule they probably didn't get to see it in time and simply couldn't report on it.
Their fault for demoing an unready product, even if it's just for demo's sake.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if be got his own shilling team to viral shit like this.
>>
>>52334467
Yeah I'm sure that reboot took the greatest minds at ASUS
>>
>>52334291
>>52333319

For anyone who cares to hear about this video from someone who neither hates, nor likes Linus:

He's at the ASUS Booth at CES (Consumer Electronic Show in Vegas. Just happened this past week), Mic in-hand, camera stabilized, obviously he's got the space to himself at the booth.
He talks about a new External Graphics Card system Asus is promoting and demoing at the show. It's got an Asus-branded GPU in it, and it seems like it also has USB Ports and other jazz on it. He tips the side of the external housing off, talking about the body of it and the styling, and tips it back on casually. Probably held on by magnets or a hinge. He himself also leans back and looks to see if it has a LAN port.
Most likely, he was given a 5-10 minute timeframe for this little shoot. And given by how frazzled he acts, he was probably upset by the booth director or staff at some point (Probably wasn't allowed more time, or to rearrange things at the booth, or similar)
He calls them assholes because they stonewalled him on info regarding the laptop connected to the external gpu system.
He talks about how they kept calling it a "secret project" and goes on to talk some shit about how he doesn't believe them about how it runs a quad-core skylake processor at >3.0ghz without throttling in a body that's basically a standard Asus UX-body. And how it "can't be an engineering sample" because the hinge is well done.
He then unplugs the external GPU from the system, causing the laptop to crash, because hotplugging GPUs is still pretty WTF territory.

He just seems like he's PO'd because they probably acted like asses, because someone told them "DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE LAPTOP AT ALL!", when what they meant to do was just tell them to draw attention to the eGPU, not the laptop, which was probably just a custom UX laptop made for the event.
>>
>>52333962
Isnt having an earring on that side supposed to indicate that you're gay?
>>
>>52334570
He does, every saturday there are threads like this. The week before was him losing his data, the week before that was him failing to build a router killing 2 motherboards.
>>
>>52334702
>Isnt having an earring on that side supposed to indicate that you're gay?
I don't really know about any of that high level genius word and thought manipulation you mentioned.
He just really LOOKS like a faggot. Like someone that drinks cum. Don't overthink the word "LOOKS". I'm using it with it's most basic superficial meaning
>>
File: 1.png (273KB, 637x309px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
273KB, 637x309px
Everyone attempting to dismiss Linus's behavior as harmless is involved in context denial. This is but one in a series of abuses constituting patterned and deliberate recklessness.

Linus doesn't care about the things he breaks. His only incentive is views. If that means picking up a company's running demo box and ripping off the case's side panel or smashing a kid's toy drone, he will, other people's misfortune be damned.
>>
Reminder that kek syndicate has started a smear campaign on /g/ against linus and they are the ones responsible for the recent flood of anti-linus posts.
>>
>>52334774
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gay+Ear
>>
>>52334895

go to bed ASUS
>>
>>52334895
Love how George got that "is this kid fucking serious" look on his face
>>
>>52335015
we're getting closer at solving this mystery. I knew it had something to do with that earring
4chan is probably a think tank for identifying homosexuals out of pictures based on traits. It should be an advertised service to pay for hosting
>>
>>52335047
Yeah asus is awful. I don't feel bad about linus breaking their shit.

Check out this recent thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1885635

>Guy rmaed his mobo
>asus claims that it was damaged by the guys heatsink
>guy goes oh well whatever would've been cool had they given me a one time exception
>asus reps started attacking the guy in a corporate tone, basically a professional fuck you
>got kyle to ban the guy
>>
>>52334895
>a series of abuses constituting patterned and deliberate recklessness
You sound like fox news. There may as well be footage of a yellow van exploding to accompany your post. Get over it.

It's not like he hits shit with a hammer, it just breaks while he's handling it. The "ass holes" comment was a bit childish but at least it shows he's not just shilling like you should assume all youtubers are. What's your real problem with him?
>>
>>52334467
>And if there is another press guy right behind him on a tight schedule they probably didn't get to see it in time and simply couldn't report on it.

But that just makes Linus come on top with a semi-exclusive. just sounds like good business sense
>>
>>52335185

Holy fuck that's low. What a shit company.
>>
>>52335309
and taxi drivers should slash tires of everyone else's cars too.
Just good business sense
>>
>>52334895
>Linus doesn't care about the things he breaks.
Because you clearly know what happens off-video?

And as long as he doesn't destroy stuff physically, where's the problem? Sometimes it's just stupid how much companies try to hide their products even though they present and advertise it openly. Of course he could be more careful, but just reading the specs and not testing as much as he can feels like shilling.
>>
Who cares
>>
>>52335376
this board, /v/ 2.0
>>
>>52333319
I find his actions to be a little dopey, but it's amazing how scared he makes the staff by holding their only working prototype device with one hand like it's a cheap paperweight. Fun to watch the big vendors squirm
>>
LINK PLSS
>>
PLS PROVIDE LINK NOW
>>
>>52334544
All I'm assuming they have to do is simply reboot the system with the GPU plugged back in.
>>
>>52335185
>>52335360
>guy destroys his board by incorrectly installing a heatsink
>why isn't asus in the business of giving away free motherboards

bernie supporters, /g/ents
>>
>>52333319
Yeah totally not a way to promote and raise awareness about this shillnus videos right guys?
I just "hate" him, yeah, just bump my thread for free please.
>>
>>52335372
yea companies do all kinds of shady stuff with demos.
Remember when Microsoft XboxOne demos at E3 were actually running on PC's with Nvidia cards
>>
>>52333319
>>>/v/
Oh wait.. /g/ is /v/
>>
does anyone have the fucking link or not jesus christ
>>
>>52335598
You're retarded, congratulations: >>52334291
>>
>>52335514
He didn't do it on purpose.

A decent company would eat the pennies that it would cost them to repair the board and send the guy a new one for some good pr. But the asus reps attacked the owner and got him banned.

I mean fuck it isn't even your own money if you decide to help out the guy. It's a much safer choice than going on a power trip and insulting the buyer.
>>
>>52335598
>>52335492
>>52335442
>You must be 12 or older to browse this site
>>
>>52334291
I don't like him or his videos, but this ain't even shit. He unplugs the eGPU and it crashes. It's probably good information to have on whether you can unplug the GPU or not, considering that's something that will happen accidentally eventually.

>>52335372
He does break shit physically all the time though. Enough that it has to be deliberate because it's incredibly rare for anyone else to break anything at all. Put yourself in the shoes of the people running the booth, or the engineers that made the product. They've been working on making something, finally get to showcase it, and then this little shit comes by and breaks it for views on YouTube.
>>
>>52335636
>multi-layered trace repair
>pennies
o i am laffin
>>
>>52334189
>>52334105
>>52334292
SOURCE PLEASE
>>
>>52334774
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/something-queer-about-that-face/

trust your instincts, anon
>>
>>52334702
Being a male with an ear ring means you're gay. Women are supposed to wear shiny things that only have one function: looking pretty. Women and faggots I guess.
>>
WHAT IS WRONG WITH LINUS !?!?!
>>
>>52335655
>He does break shit physically all the time though.
Not that often really. Just becaused it happened some times does not mean all the time.

>Enough that it has to be deliberate because it's incredibly rare for anyone else to break anything at all.
Many YouTuber just read the specs and run the tests provided by the company.

>finally get to showcase it, and then this little shit comes by and breaks it for views on YouTube.
If that really would be the case, why do they still invite him? And no, freezing/bringing devices to crash (in software terms) does not count as destroying. Also, vendors should stop demoing their products so shady.
>>
>>52334351
This
>>
>>52335796
This is great. I wonder how much sjw shit SA caught for this alone...
>>
>>52333319

Go fuck yourself, Linus!
>>
>>52335839
>If that really would be the case, why do they still invite him?
The event organizers don't want the bad publicity from blacklisting him. The booth operators don't want to cause the giant commotion that would stem from his tantrum after being barred access. So they just hope that he doesn't manchild it up and break their work.

>Not that often really. Just becaused it happened some times does not mean all the time.
It happens so often that he himself jokes about it. In fact, he joked about it in the video in question. That's extremely poor behavior.

>Many YouTuber just read the specs and run the tests provided by the company.
Because they're not famous enough to get away with smashing someone else's stuff.
>>
>>52336087
>That's extremely poor behavior.
If you can't take a joke...

>Because they're not famous enough to get away with smashing someone else's stuff.
It's not like he is doing this totally intentional. He jokes around and fiddles much with the devices, but it's not like he is smashing all the demo devices on purpose.
>>
>>52336399
>If you can't take a joke...
I can assure you, it's not a joke to the poor motherfucker that needs to salvage their booth after he fucks it up. Even if it is a joke, it's not a good one.

>It's not like he is doing this totally intentional. He jokes around and fiddles much with the devices, but it's not like he is smashing all the demo devices on purpose.
Yes, he is. He knows exactly how much force will break the type of shit he interacts with, doubly so because he does it all the fucking time. Any normal person would dial it back and be more careful after the first or maybe second time. He continuously attempts to fuck shit up and doesn't care or apologize.
>>
>>52336489
>Even if it is a joke, it's not a good one.
For the viewer, it is. For the person working at the booth of course not.

>Yes, he is.
Show me where please. Inb4 the corsair case: That was not intentionally.

>Any normal person would dial it back and be more careful after the first or maybe second time.
Won't deny that. He isn't really carefully with handling the devices and the one case from CES 2015 where he even slightly drops a tablet onto his hand is really risky.

>He continuously attempts to fuck shit up and doesn't care or apologize.
In case of software: I don't really see a problem here. He's handeling with prototypes, but trying obvious things like unplugging should count as testing. Shady presentations just suck.
>>
>>52334291
I like it to be honest. It's nice that he can say that while having them in the room.
>>
>>52335636
>He didn't do it on purpose.
Irrelevant. He still damaged the board himself whether or not it's down to poor design. I'm in no way defending these practices, but to argue the fact is pointless.
>>
>>52336581
>For the viewer, it is. For the person working at the booth of course not.
Thank you for reiterating what I said. He is breaking shit for views on YouTube. That is dick behavior. Linus is a dick. I'm not going through his past videos to find you every instance of when he breaks things. I'm sure his forums would gladly divulge those aspects with pride, because his fans are pricks as well. That's why there are people like you defending his behavior.

>In case of software: I don't really see a problem here. He's handeling with prototypes, but trying obvious things like unplugging should count as testing. Shady presentations just suck.
Software isn't a big deal unless it ruins someone's presentation. CES is not the place to test equipment. As he even said, Asus promised the feature would be there at launch but not necessarily that it was there at the time. He had a pretty good hunch that it would crash the PC.
>>
>>52334291
i don't like it cause it shills everyone everytime but now he's right, they make a product based on the performance it can give, they go around showing benchmarks about said performances and then refuse to give any kind of information, he's basically just saying "how does this chromebook sized unknown laptop have such results?" they can't just pretend it doesn't matter, it matters, a benchmark always values the system not the component, i can't connect that thing to my 2009 thinkpad and get those results.
>>
>>52334467
he's probably the most important youtuber in the tech field, he has the right to fuck up a product even if it takes time from techyblog201 with their 49 subscribers.
>>
>>52336930
>he has the right to fuck over his competition and be an asshole to other people in the same field
Wow, I have nothing to add to that.
>>
>>52336832
>Thank you for reiterating what I said. He is breaking shit for views on YouTube. That is dick behavior. Linus is a dick.
Jumping to conclusions.

>I'm not going through his past videos to find you every instance of when he breaks things.
But it shouldn't be too hard since he "breaks stuff all the time". according to you.

>because his fans are pricks as well. That's why there are people like you defending his behavior.
:^)

>CES is not the place to test equipment.
Uh, why do they let people test it then?

>As he even said, Asus promised the feature would be there at launch but not necessarily that it was there at the time.
Keyword is "promised". The test shows that the feature is not really finished so far and it's actually interesting to see how far the device is developed so far.

>He had a pretty good hunch that it would crash the PC.
ASUS didn't tell him proper information about the devices used and the current state, so he just goes on and tries. Restarting the device doesn't take long.
>>
>>52336979
you don't really know what to have a name means? yes, you can put that in that way and yes, that's definitively not nice nor good in any sense but that's how the world works. this video alone was watched more than 300k times, it deserves a little more time to be made.
>>52336832
what the hell does that mean, if you are promising features just make a fucking slideshow, don't show a product you know has huge problems. he just showed to his followers the problems the product at this time has, they were shady as fuck, the product was just too good to be true and he was curious/upset.
>>
holy shit some of you people are whiny faggots
>>
>>52337070
>what the hell does that mean, if you are promising features just make a fucking slideshow, don't show a product you know has huge problems.
If you don't realize the difference between seeing a picture of an item and seeing the item in person, you're an idiot. Just because something is on display doesn't mean you can fuck with it in ways you think will break it (He did think it would crash). If you really think so, go to Best Buy and start breaking their display items and try telling the "I WAS JUST TESTING BRO"
>>
>>52337148
>you can fuck with it in ways you think will break it (He did think it would crash).
Unplugging is a normal use case for this device. So why shouldn't he test it, even though there is a chance it will crash?
>>
>>52337200
Because HE THOUGHT IT WOULD. There is a difference between:

>I know this probably doesn't have this feature yet, but I'll disrupt this booth anyway for YouTube money
and
>They made a claim about this finished product and I am going to see if it works out.

Remember, he is not the only person there. Other people are trying to cover the same shit. He is fucking over other people doing things he knows will cause issues.
>>
>>52337246
>Because HE THOUGHT IT WOULD.
But it SHOULDN'T.

>disrupting this booth
It takes a fucking restart. How many times was this already mentioned here?

>Other people are trying to cover the same shit.
We need 500 YouTubers with a little amount of viewers to read spec sheets and not actually test a device. How great!

>he knows will cause issues.
*he assumes will cause issues
But as already mentioned, it SHOULDN'T (at least in the final version).
>>
>>52337308
Great. Go invite Linus to your booth then and watch in horror as he smashes your shit. Have fun.

The only reason you're so accepting of his behavior is because it's not your shit and you don't care about people breaking things that aren't yours or causing issues for people that aren't you.
>>
>>52334105
I couldn't find the video in question. Why not post the link here?

Also,
>but be forewarned: language
fuck
piss
cunt
shit
crap
>>
Check out the cunt's linkedin, he has no formal tech education whatsoever

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/linus-sebastian-578a0752
>>
I would just say this. I would not want Linus Tech Shills touching any of my stuff. He seems like he just does not give a fuck and will break whatever he touches in all these videos.
>>
i want teksyndicate to stop spamming here
>>
>>52337344
Nice repetition of the things you already mentioned previously while failing to answer to the reaction to those.

Please go corporate shill.

>>52337373
Disregarding YouTube stuff:
>Retail Sales Representative
>PC Systems Business Unit Manager
>Product Manager
>Category Manager

What a pointless post.
>>
>>52337405
in what way does your mind reconcile the idea of shilling for someone with breaking their stuff and calling them assholes on camera?
>>
>>52337442

>retail experience

That doesn't account for actual tech knowledge, and actual capability like being able to program.
>>
>>52337442
>Please go corporate shill.
Please go Linus shill.

No, seriously. Go. Send him some of your hardware that you paid for to review. Please upload the video of your reaction as he breaks it for money.
>>
Second repost because I fail to link the posts properly.

>>52337481
Because that's what really counts for creating a YouTube channel about products sold in retail?
By that definition /g/ should cease to exist.

>>52337510
>Send him some of your hardware that you paid for to review. Please upload the video of your reaction as he breaks it for money.
You do seem to forget that this is promotion for the companies and they generate money out of it (if they sell it). I don't, so you're comparison is kinda pointless.
Also you failed to provide the massive list of examples since he breaks stuff all the time. Where is it?

Back to your booth anon, you still have to squeeze in 350 YouTubers today in your tight schedule. Better make sure no one breaks your demo!
>>
>>52337568
>>52337580

Luke pls go.

Linus breaks shit because of his lack of tech education you retard, just look at his recent server meltdown - it wouldn't actually have happened if he knew how to actually make a functioning one.
>>
>IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN HARDWARE JOURNALISM
This board is going in an extraordinarily bad direction.
>>
>>52337599
>I know how to program, so I'm a superior person!
Yeah, his RAID setup was shit, but he still mainly makes a channel about consumer electronics. Saying he is completely useless as a YouTuber is not really fitting.
>>
File: 1449898660784.gif (3MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
1449898660784.gif
3MB, 280x358px
Any baneposters in this thread?
>>
File: Maki-Phone-Gif.gif (474KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Maki-Phone-Gif.gif
474KB, 500x281px
>>52337742
we just have makifags here mostly
>>
File: 1449423822677.jpg (5KB, 184x90px) Image search: [Google]
1449423822677.jpg
5KB, 184x90px
>>52337742
the fire rises
>>
File: shut_up.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shut_up.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52334291
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

why is he throwing such a fucking fit what a bitch learn to be a professional
>>
File: hell.gif (561KB, 245x228px) Image search: [Google]
hell.gif
561KB, 245x228px
No baneposters here.
>>
Wow what a great thread.
I've never seen so much shit!
>>
>>52337351
sir please this is a family website
>>
>>52335764
im guessing they are just full of >>52335764
shit then
>>
There's something suspicious about this thread...
>>
>>52333319

>freaking out and breaking things

this is obviously viral marketing. Never once does he "freak out" or break anything. I have never seen shilling as obvious as this.

>>52334517
>>
DO NOT CLICK

DO NOT CLICK

THIS IS VIRAL ADVERTISING
>>
this is as much meltdown and destruction he has ever wrought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJ7erHyvjM

(not his channel, not his revenue)
>>
>>52337464
>Just because your a shill means you can't be an uncareful fuck who breaks things
I wasn't just referring to that video, as I said
>>
>>52337854
if you even bothered to watch his shit, he is very professional in his talking manner 99% of the time. Pretty funny to see him go out of character during these shoots sometimes.
>>
>>52333319
Does he have AIDS? Or can he just not trade in all his spare shit for a decent meal?
>>
Jesus christ that video

what's wrong with him
>>
>>52334351
>>unplugs laptop so it shuts down
uh

he unplugged a GPU currently in use

try doing that and get back to me
>>
>>52334895
lmao can someone please link these videos/
>>
Wow this guy is a fucking monster. People support this shit?
>>
>>52334404
Nice quote douchebag
>>
File: Screenshot (21).png (1MB, 1003x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (21).png
1MB, 1003x1005px
>>52333319
>>
>>52334105
>saying he broke it

He unplugged the external GPU while it was running. All it needs is a cold restart. He didn't go batshit crazy and break anything
>>
>>52338187
This.

Fuck off Linus, I'm tired of your daily threads you fag.
>>
No wonder the Kardashigans are so popular, look at you scroungy fucks slurping up any feelgood videos.
>>
>>52337344
ok let's put this in a different way, they're not the poor startup with an interesting unfinished project trying to break in the tech world and he's not a giant monster eating cars and kids, they're asus with a booth in the fucking ces, showing a product, showing benchmarks, a product that will be sold for thousands of €/$/£, he's a reviewer, he's testing (SINCE IT'S THERE FOR TESTS, IT'S NOT A PICTURE) the product in a reasonable way, he just disconnected a plug it's meant to be disconnected often in everyday use, yes, he was upset while doing this and he probably wanted them to make a bad impression but again, that's what reviewers should do, show what a product can do and what a product can't and how. asus can't just get away with claiming that they're product is the best thing ever without a fucking spec sheet, not with a booth with a test unit on it. it's for test, let's test it.
linus is not a good reviewer but this time he was right.
>>
File: image.png (432KB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
432KB, 840x472px
>>5233
>>
>>52343903
It is just a tab to lock in to a PCIE anon.
While yeah, sawing things off of graphics cards isn't ideal, neither was the time he dremeled some plastic off of a motherboard.

Still, considering the rough treatment that a lot of youtubers give to computer hardware in their videos, I think it's safe to say that as consumers we are a little more cautious and easier to shock, simply because we pay a lot of money for this stuff.

But the evidence is there, computer hardware can take much rougher treatment than you may expect.

I like LTT personally, I get to see products and projects that I'm interested in, and the occasional vlog style videos where we get to see into the guts of a company that runs off of making youtube videos is pretty cool too.

inb4 linus shill gtfo, i'm gonna gtfo anyway.
>>
>>52344029
The context of that is that the motherboard he was trying to put it in had a capacity right where the tab was, so he had to cut it off to get it in.
Badly designed motherboard.
>>
>>52344077
Capacitor.

Something is wrong with my brain.
>>
>>
>>52340620

PCIe is hot pluggable
>>
>>52344077
Actually it was a server board that was never intended to house a graphics card, the board design was fine, Linus was just using it to acheive some ultra cheap gaming machine project that the manufacturer never considered, because why the hell would they.

Really there is no fault on anybodies side with this one, Linus didn't hurt the card, and the board design was fine.
It's just a little shocking when like me you may have payed hundreds of your local currency for a card like that. I would never do it to myself, but more power to the guy if he wants to go sawing shit and finding out if it'll work.
>>
File: 1452081381425.jpg (6KB, 234x283px) Image search: [Google]
1452081381425.jpg
6KB, 234x283px
>>52334444
LITERALLY PUT IT INTO THE TRASH
>>
>>52338227
Reminds me of when those journalists raised that terrorist's house on live TV
>>
>>52334444
Nice quads btw
>>
>>52335834
So a watch makes you gay ?
>>
>>52345482
pretty gay senpai.
>>
File: EsnwMoo_1_.jpg (460KB, 1950x1949px) Image search: [Google]
EsnwMoo_1_.jpg
460KB, 1950x1949px
>>52345542
Kill yourself familia
>>
>>52335514

If Bernie loses the nomination, there will be revolt in the streets. Cities shut down by democratic action. We're not going to take it lightly.
>>
File: 1452311724729.png (34KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
1452311724729.png
34KB, 253x253px
>>52334291
I think we got played anons....
>>
>>52334912
reminder that both are shit channels and you shouldn't subscribe to either of them
>>
>>52333319
ANOTHER VIRAL THREAD "HATING" HIM AND SAMEFAGGING WITH DIFFERENT IP TO KEEP THREADS BUMPED ALL DAY
FUCK OFF LINUS
>>
File: jesus joggers.png (4MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
jesus joggers.png
4MB, 2208x1242px
weekly reminder - linus has shit lifting form and wears fedora sandals and has JUST hair
>>
>>52345558
good lord the font and hands on that watch look like straight trash it would be a 1/10 if not for the cool color
>>
>>52344161
Correct.
>>
>>52347326

You can almost hear his back screaming from that picture.
>>
>>52334912
No they haven't you dolt.
>>
>>52334652
this
>>
>>52342319
he said he broke the demo, you fucking stupid mongoloid, clean your fucking ears with some cotton swabs once in a life time.
>>
>>52334403
>greentexting is a normalfag thing now
goddamn
>>
>>52347821
>He destroyed a laptop/external video card solution and an external monitor at asus' own kiosk at the tradeshow

I don't see the "just broke the demo" in here
>>
>>52334895
They'll upload this video to their other channel as well.
>>
>>52334652
thanks for summary I couldn't make it through his video

whenever he wears that razer backpack he looks like an autistic child, why does he wear it is he paid to or something?
>>
>graphics driver crashing = breaking shit
Hello /v/!
>>
>>52338227
>picking up a turned on pc
why I mean the side panel was on what was he trying to do other than break it?
>>
>>52335636
I didn't actually see the picture of the damage, but the text said it was a length-critical trace to a memory module. You can't just put in a jump wire and that repair won't be "pennies", if it's even possible.
>>
>>52337599
>just look at his recent server meltdown - it wouldn't actually have happened if he knew how to actually make a functioning one.
And what was wrong with it in your opinion, pray tell? The motherboard broke.
>>
>>52344166
Why have an x16 slot there that you can't actually use? It's still bad design.
>>
>>52348298
consumer board, overlaying raid 0 in software over a raid5 in hardware. He cheaped out on crucial hardware, sacrificed drives for parity, and then destroyed any resiliency they might've offered.
>Gee, this thing is the link between volatile storage, non volatile storage, my processor, and these sensitive pieces of hardware that cant rebuild an array of drives originally managed by another, identical piece of hardware. I'm gonna get one that looks cool, rather than an enterprise solution.
>hmm, I'm going to use 3 raid 5 arrays, acknowledging that I'm going to lose the capacity of one drive for the sake of parity
>I'm going to string all of them together, and make it so if one piece of this setup dies, I have no resiliency, thus negating the entire point of having 3 sacrificial drives.
Bad choices were made.
>>
>>52348462
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>52348532
why is he?
>>
>>52348571
Doing a RAID 0 on 3 RAID5 arrays is a RAID50 array which doesn't lose redundancy. You can lose up to three drives as long as they are from the different RAID 5 pools.
Linus fucked up but not on hardware.
>>
>>52348626
thanks, im not really /g/ level
>>
>>52348462
>Asrock X99 WS-E
>consumer board

Not really, no.
>>
>>52335185
>>Guy rmaed his mobo
>>asus claims that it was damaged by the guys heatsink
>>guy goes oh well whatever would've been cool had they given me a one time exception
>>asus reps started attacking the guy in a corporate tone, basically a professional fuck you
>>got kyle to ban the guy

Absolute fucking bullshit. Holy crap, do you work in MSM? Only a professional bullshitter would spin that thread to such a degree of Narrative. The OP of that thread is a grade A cunt, the Asus currynigger is nothing but professional, the forumguy bans him on his own initiative. Eat a bag of dicks, guy.
>>
>>52334291
We've been trolled
>>
>>52348014
>why does he wear it is he paid to or something
Yes
>>
Linus broke that $30000 PC with 7 nanos in it when they moved it to ces, its why nobody could play on the system and they were only showing the hardware.
>>
>>52349563
backstory
>>
>>52349890
there is nothing to it except it was broken at CES and nobody could play on it when originally they built the thing to showcase it there.
>>
>>52334105
>>52334291
I love how compleatly unshilling he is.
Saying exactly what he fucking thinks, good or bad.
I like asus, but I like what he's doing.
Just looking at that shit, every fucking elbow movement thinking he's gonna knock shit off the table.
>>
>>52334444
Go up to a nvidia booth and pull the one prototype of their new car raw out of a PCI-e slot while it's still running.
>>
>>52350078
>car
*card
>>
File: 1452427880366.jpg (4KB, 164x165px) Image search: [Google]
1452427880366.jpg
4KB, 164x165px
>everyone saying he looks gay

Why you so insecure?
>>
>>52349563
>>52350007

Christ, what a fucking goof.
>>
>>52350376
>[coughing intensifies]
>>
>>52350376
M8 you wouldn't know gay if it fucked you in the ass. If you can't see that this guy is a blatant closet homo you're beyond saving.
>>
>>52350438
>being so insecure that you think someone is gay because they don't look like a lumberjack

Lol. Maybe you just hope it's true.
>>
>>52350376
he just has this 90s homo look about him, the earring doesn't help, just makes it that more suspicious
>>
>>52350376

we are all gay here tho
>>
File: 1452375966648.jpg (440KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
1452375966648.jpg
440KB, 693x693px
>>52350460
Nice try Linus.
>>
>>52334467
Apparently you missed the part where Asus claimed that it does (or will have) hotplug capabilities.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>52350482
>meme
>>
>>52350493
>Asus claimed that it does

That never happened.
>>
File: 1443871885791.jpg (53KB, 484x519px) Image search: [Google]
1443871885791.jpg
53KB, 484x519px
>watching or caring about 'techtubers'
>>
>>52347326
b-b-b-but what's wrong with his hair?
>>
>>52333319
Basically it came down to this:

>Linus demanded engineering samples from ASUS
>they denied him
>Linus rages and demos their booth and breaks their shit while doing it
>>
Make webm
>>
>>52348354
not really

its not meant to house a long video, or anything that's longer than the 16x slot.

its a server board, most servers are not going to be housing long ass cards like 980 ti's.
>>
>>52350676
>b-b-b-but what's wrong with his hair
shut up, linus
>>
File: wendell checked.jpg (16KB, 382x228px) Image search: [Google]
wendell checked.jpg
16KB, 382x228px
>>52347022
>>
>>52334291
It's fucking nothing
>>
>>52349563
I'm calling bullshit on this

They were talking about computers being broken during shipping and not once did they mention the 7 gamers system being broken. And they discussed it a lot.
>>
>>52352468
Go ask someone who went to CES.
>>
>>52353836
Confirmed to be bullshit.
>>
>>52353887
yep, its bullshit because of all those picture of it running at CES that doesn't exist
>>
>>52348626

Except RAID5 is effectively deprecated for anything you care about. Fuck, stop being a cheap cunt, get a proper HBA that can do hardware RAID10 and then ALSO GET A FUNCTIONING BACKUP.
>>
>Freaking out and breaking things
>Destroyed a laptop/external video card solution and an external monitor at Asus kiosk

>Computer just needs restarted to use onboard graphics.
>GPU has separate power block.

Please fuck off.
>>
>>52334291
>Literal copy of MacBook Air
Why can't anyone come up with original laptop designs anymore?
>>
>>52357280
maybe you should ask Apple considering they compared Sony.
>>
>>52357332
>considering they compared Sony.
Apart from some fairly agricultural word-usage do you have anything else to bring to the discussion?
Like facts? Quotes from credible sources? Illustrations? Links?
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.