[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 2 identical wifi adapters. Can I use one for upload and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1427170676072.jpg (39KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1427170676072.jpg
39KB, 600x449px
I have 2 identical wifi adapters. Can I use one for upload and one for download? Is this stupid?
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes it's retarded because you usually can't have more than one wifi connection at a time.
>>
>>52332878
But why? I read a few places that you can totally have multiple wifi connections, but they'll act independently. Couldn't I make my computer see one as strictly up and the other as strictly down? Or at least limit the up/down on each one?
>>
It is possible... i run my Rasperry PI as a VPN Hotspot solution for my journeys. It uses the "one" Wifi card to connect to a Hotspot and the other to create a hotspot for my devices.

Check this out >>http://makezine.com/projects/browse-anonymously-with-a-diy-raspberry-pi-vpntor-router/
>>
>>52332780
I don't know much about networks, but that seems a bit odd - I mean, it'd mean you'd have one IP address for up, and one for down; at the very least, you'd need your router to know that any traffic for the first address should be sent to the second instead. I can't see any technical reason why you couldn't do it (which isn't to say no reason exists), but you might have to be willing to write a good deal of your network stack; one would imagine this means a custom kernel.
>>
>>52332950

The thing is, in order to have a solid connection your adapter still need to send and receive data. The OS would just get confused as to which connection to keep anyways. You'll most likely end up with a very unstable set up.
>>
File: tumblr_mbmdmpMbJn1r5325so1_400.gif (315KB, 375x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbmdmpMbJn1r5325so1_400.gif
315KB, 375x268px
>>52332950
what if you plugged 4 USB WiFi cards into the ports and then manually selected which three you would put into your anus?
>>
No, that's not how RF works.
You'd need to have two AP-side interfaces as well, and have them on different frequencies if you wanted any meaningful performance gain.
>>
>>52332780
Yeah its possible but you get usually no advantage... Depends on what you want to do
>>
>>52332780
It's possible to use 2 at the same time -- not exclusive to download/upload though, but you don't benefit from it, so it's kinda stupid.
>>
>>52332780
You can if you feel like reprogramming your IP stack.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.