[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BitFenix Prodigy a meme case or legitimately good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: bitfenix_prodigy_01.jpg (135KB, 662x768px) Image search: [Google]
bitfenix_prodigy_01.jpg
135KB, 662x768px
Is BitFenix Prodigy a meme case or legitimately good?
>>
>Big as fuck but still claims to be ITX
>Cable management is a nightmare
>no real reason for the bottom leg things
>USBs favor right handed users
>no front USBs
>can hold a max of 7 hard drives, but what ITX board his 7 Sata ports
>That $80-90 price tag
>>
Holds an mITX mobo, but its as big as some mATX cases. It also wobbles. Those handle looking bits that serve as the feet are some weird super flexible plastic material.

I wouldn't buy one.
>>
I think the corsair 380T is the coolest looking ITX case.
>>
>>52328622
It looks good, though.
>>
>>52328622
it would be so much better if it didnt have those ugly and useless handle things.
>>
>>52328622
the only redeeming quality is lots of potential for cooling and lots of room for internal airflow
>>
File: newnewguts.jpg (700KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
newnewguts.jpg
700KB, 1920x1280px
>>52328622
Depends on your needs, if you want decent cooling or a shit load of drives it's good. The main downside to some people is it's not as small as other MITX cases.

>>52328812
>Big as fuck but still claims to be ITX
It's not a claim, it is. It's big for a reason, if you want a smaller case and don't need what the Prodigy offers then get a different case.
>Cable management is a nightmare
If you really care about looks that badly it's not hard to hide everything behind the graphics card and block off the PSU area.
>no real reason for the bottom leg things
It has a PSU that intakes air from the bottom of the case, the feet have a purpose. Also they match the aesthetic, and I know most of you babies care about that shit.
>USBs favor right handed users
If you wanted you could put the panel on the other side, although not an ideal solution due to blocking off ventilation to the graphics card.
>no front USBs
You could put some in the 5.25" bay if it was really that much of a hassle to reach round the side of the case.
>can hold a max of 7 hard drives, but what ITX board his 7 Sata ports
I think newer boards are coming with 6 ports. Even with 4 ports you can add another 2 with mini PCIE, or a full size PCIE card if you're not using a graphics card. Also it's about having options, not all the drive locations are the same size or usable depending on other components in the case.
>That $80-90 price tag
For the quality and the features it offers it's pretty damn cheap.

Pic related, my old Prodigy.
>>
>>52328622
Prodigy = maymay
Prodigy m is less of a m8m8
>>
Get the Fractal Designs Core 500

> still a small-ish ITX case
> supports large-ish tower coolers
> supports 240mm AIO cooler
> supports ATX PSUs as long as they're short
> all intakes have magnetic dust filters, including GPU
> $60

Seriously. It's literally impossible to make it smaller with all that it supports. Significantly better than the Prodigy for cramming insane components into an ITX rig.
>>
>>52329394
Largeish tower coolers my ass (same guy I misspoke). You can fit an NH-D15 in there and it's no bigger than the CM Elite 130, all while supporting 3x HDDs and 3x SSDs (okay the large cooler will block one of the HDDs).
>>
What are some good smaller itx cases, specifically with the idea of building a home server?

I was checking out the Fractal Design Node 304 since it has 6 3.5 bays, plus I'm a huge slut for Fractal.
>>
>>52329458
Lian Li PC-Q26.
>>
>Is BitFenix Prodigy a meme case or legitimately good?

Meme? is a fucking case

Good? Any sane person, not in psychological deep needs as you(OP) knows if the format will work with what he has got.

A little too much AppLEL alike, though
>>
>>52329111
Prodigy M is actually shit though. Being able to support mATX mobo is the only good thing about that version.
>>
Corsair SPEC-02 is pretty cool. It's cheap, and it works well (for me at least).
>>
>Big as fuck
I went to Micro Center the other day and compared the Prodigy M side to side with some mITX cases. Prodigy M is smaller than that Carbide boombox, about the same size as Obsidian 250D and Node 304.
>>
>>52331582
250d is smaller than the prodigy overall, just a little wider
>>
>>52328622
It's gud. I have a D14 fan and largish GPU in it.
>>
>>52328967
>buyers remorse
mate the case fits a mATX board
it's not a mini-itx size.
>>
>>52331582
The 250d is also not mini-itx sized. They are fucking huge cases that are marketed as small.
Fuck them and fuck the people that compare them to sub 20 liter cases
>>
After cramping my hands inside a Silverstone SG08, a BitFenix Prodigy looks rather nice.
>>
>>52328812
>>52334185
There is an mATX version, and if you want its also easily modifiable to fit ATX.

The ITX one is pretty shit, I used it for one of my old builds and due to the small size allocation for the PSU it was a pain to do cables with.
I modified another case to be able to fit an ATX board, and its quite shockingly easy and at the same time you can fix most of those problems.

Though, that does not remove the design flaws you mention, and that it is indeed an expensive case, when the only way to make it a great case is through modding it.
>>
File: 52aa4736_ArwvwYK.jpg (380KB, 2703x2703px) Image search: [Google]
52aa4736_ArwvwYK.jpg
380KB, 2703x2703px
I was going to get one, but my motherboard wasn't supported by it. I heard that the build quality is poor and circulation is a bitch.
>>
>>52334185
Bruh, I don't even have it any more after selling it to a buddy, I have nothing to be remorseful about. The MATX version gives up a lot to fit the larger motherboard, the things the Prodigy is good at such as cooling or holding a shit load of drives.

Yes it's large for an MITX case, I won't deny that. However it seems I'm one of the few people that realises it's large for a reason. There are very few other MITX cases that could fit the stuff I had inside mine, and I still had room left to add more radiators and drives which even fewer cases could fit (I think Case Labs has a similar layout MITX case, but then that thing costs a shit load more).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.