[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 41

File: 1424427850627.jpg (170KB, 918x611px) Image search: [Google]
1424427850627.jpg
170KB, 918x611px
Hullo from /p/ edition

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread.

Other helpful sub-/g/s
>>>/g/hpg
>>>/g/flt
>>>/g/ptg
>>>/g/mkg
>>>/g/wdg
>>>/g/bst
>>>/g/tpg
>>>/g/wt
>>>/g/:^)
>>
Just got an iPhone 6S Plus and I have it jailbroken, what apps/cydia tweaks should I check out?
>>
>>52266346
Is this better?

So, let's start with my question.
I am a hobby photographer and I use Photoshop and Lightroom on Windows 7. Since I can't afford them I use other sources.
If I switch over to Windows 10 will Microsoft be bums enough to remove my copies or even worse? How big is the backdoor activity on Windows 10? Should I just stay with Win 7?
>>
>>52266374
No reason to upgrade to 10, to be entirely honest. You *could* be fine, but they could always just fuck up your shit. Not really worth the risk.
>>
I want to get a microSD card with at least 16 GB of space.
Which one should I get?
>>
I want a usb DAC, not for headphone but for a normal stereo output via a amp. I don't want a overpriced placebo shit or a garbage one, just a good one under 70$.
>>
>>52266615
Do you have a question?
>>
so i have a new 8350 and i have it water cooled. but when i play games my usage goes from 50% to 100% and lag spikes me when nothing changes in game. the temps stay the same as well so nothing on the forums helped me. and last i changed it and made sure all 8 cores are on/working
>>
>>52266615

desu for you it sounds like just your MOBO soundcard should be fine, it won't make a massive noticeable difference in most cases
>>
>>52266789
The last time something like this happened to me it was low memory issue, had to max out my ram. I also updated my bios to the latest version just to be sure.
>>
File: 1452073021360.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1452073021360.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
Im getting a 144hz monitor, do i need to hook it up with displayport to work with the higher hz or will hdmi or dvi do?
>>
>>52266886
i have 16 gigs of ram so its not even close to being maxed out. so i guess what else do you think i could do to maximize gaming preformance?
also ive tried shitty games and more damanding games with the same results :<
>>
>>52266909
could be a faulty card or a faulty mobo. Also have you tried different driver versions?
>>
>>52266926
well the only thing i have changed was my cpu from 8320 to 8350, and put in the new cooler when i got it. now everything runs shitty.
but speccy says everything is cool.
but i have not tried the drivers things the last time i messed with that was when i updated it to run ark better.
>>
Why is GoogleLocationService always running in the background on my phone if I disabled Location from settings?

How can I get rid of this shit?
>>
why do all my cs professors refer to their computers as "machines". as in, "i have a machine at home that runs windows", or "this machine has a bunch of restrictions put on it because the university has to have it this way".

i know they are all machines, but it there a reason they make the distinction and call them machines, rather than computers?
>>
Here's the deal, I have hundreds if not at least a thousand CDs from my parents and I am sick of them taking so much space inside the house.

I want to rip all of them into digital formats and then get rid of them at a garage sale or wherever. I have several 2TB hard drives where I could stock up all the music, make backups etc...

What is the best way to rip CDs one by one? Th0ere are many different software solutions, but I am looking for something that can perhaps automatically name each track with all album info (track name etc..) by scanning the barcode or inputting the ISBN.

Thanks /g/

PS: I know about devices made to rip 5 or more CDs at a time, but the investment is not worth it for my limited usage. If anything I would spend more time manually renaming each file, which is why I am asking SQT.
>>
>>52267091
CDs are already digital formats you numbnut
>>
>>52266901
Use DVI and it will work, HDMI will not though
>>
Image viewer for Windows that can view JPEG and WebM?

IrfranView is what I use now but it can't view WebMs (as far as I know).
>>
I'm looking to buy a new monitor for gaming since my old ones are all SHIT. What do you think of

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.WG7AA.A01

I am not an expert but I hear IPS is bad for gamin because of high response times, but 4ms seems alright. 4ms IPS for that price though sounds a bit too good, what's the catch?

As an alternative, should I just buy

http://www.asus.com/Commercial-Monitors/VE228H/

for the same price?
>>
>>52267091
when you rip them they will all have some sort of meta data with CD name, artist name, track #, etc. you can make a program in C to go through the files after you rip them all and rename them accordingly
>>
>>52266346
Any way to make a WD Green perform a bit better?

Been using it as my main drive for years and thought a format would help me boot faster, but it didn't do much. Still takes about a minute or two from BIOS to desktop.

Passed all the SMART tests, btw.
>>
File: css.png (3KB, 563x167px) Image search: [Google]
css.png
3KB, 563x167px
How can I achieve following:
1 - can resize vertically
2,3 - should resize vertically along with 1 but both 2 and 3 should keep the same height relative to each other

1,2,3 have responsive width.
1,2,3 have text that's centered both horizontally and vertically.

So it's basically a table with one of the columns having rowspan=2, but as we all know tables are evil and we should avoid those.

Is it possible to achieve this with plain html+css (including bootstrap) without using either JS or some hacks that work in one browser but don't in the others?
>>
>>52267294
no, greens are slow, that's the point.
>>
File: 1413939521737.gif (16KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1413939521737.gif
16KB, 125x125px
I recorded some vidya for personal reasons using OBS but I was a dumbass and had the buffer size way too low so the video stopped but the sound kept going. Is there a way to retrieve the lost video?
>>
>>52267559
lowering the buffer size shouldn't "stop" the video, what did you do?
what settings did you use?
>>
IS duck duck go actually usable? I try it everyone and then and always switch back to google, but maybe i'm just used to google and it's not actually better.
>>
I need to install Windows 7 on a skylake build with only usb3 ports. I've managed to install the os by integrating usb3 drivers into the installation USB drive, my problem is that Windows 7 itself doesn't have any usb3 drivers and won't recognize any of my USB drives when plugged in. Is there anyway to install the drivers I need during setup or am I fucked?
The system has no opticaldrive and the external one isn't recognized.
>>
>>52267592
Everything is default, save for changing some hotkeys. I didn't even lower the buffer size but apparently it wasn't high enough according to my friend who showed me the program uinitially.
>>
>>52267616
because the OBS developers deliberately set default settings so the video gets broken, right.

check with ffmpeg if your video has a video stream, if not then you're fucked.

if you record locally you want to set buffer size to 0 anyway and use a custom CRF value like 0 to record lossless
>>
>>52267635
okay, thank you
>>
What's a good place to pirate .apk?
>>
>>52267673
in a gay bar with RMS using bit torrent on your google watch
>>
If I buy a USB3 controller card with 2 ports do both get the full bandwidth or is that bandwidth per controller IE shared between ports?
>>
a refurbished version of window 7 will work for a newly built pc right?
>>
How do I make powerpoint presentatios look good?
>>
I'm building a new PC from scratch with no DVD drive, if I buy Windows 10 on USB and put it into my PC when its built and boot it up, will it recognise the USB and start the setup?/
>>
How difficult would it be for a somewhat beginner programmer to make a basic explorer replacement in windows
>>
>>52268103
should take you anywhere from 8 hours to 8 days.
>>
hi berndkauert, if you're here
>>
Do I really need a monitor above 60hz for my gaming? The most competitive games I would do are over watch or planet side
>>
>>52268268
>need
People have been playing on 60Hz for years and they have never died.
>>
>>52268279
I could be the first
>>
>>52268268
you dont need one, but the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz assuming you have that high of a frame rate, is like night and day.
>>
If you do something on the internet and change your ip afterwards, how traceable is that to you from your original ip?
>>
>>52268307
I have a 980ti and right now the decision is between hz, 4k, and price. Thanks for the input
>>
>>52267994
look at it chronologically from the audience's perspective.
Adjust so that it is clear and very concise.
>>
>>52268327
I've got a 980 Ti myself, I'm buying a cheap 1080p144Hz monitor soon and will upgrade to 1440p144Hz down the road when they are cheaper.
>>
>>52268401
I suppose 4k image quality can wait, I think ill go with a 1440 144hz monitor.
>>
I'm trying to build a cheap gaming PC for a poorfag friend using mostly used or salvaged parts. I got my hands on some free ECC ram sticks 4gb 2Rx4 from some guy. Not really a question just need someone to confirm my findings.

If I buy a cheap ECC enabled mobo and turn off ECC in the bios the ram will act as non-ECC and work on the build? So far all the sources I've found say that it's fine but I'm worried about performance.
>>
>>52268316
most of the time your ISP has a list of which IP belonged to who for a specific date/time
>>
How the fuck do I get Winblows 7 to remember network credentials?

Every fucking time I restart I have to type in username and password again even if I tick remember credentials.

Used the credentials manager to add my server via IP and name which didn't make a fucking difference.
>>
Malwarebytes or McAfee?
>>
>>52268712
malwarebytes
>>
File: Capture.png (194KB, 1887x882px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
194KB, 1887x882px
Fullscreen on the left, windowed on the right.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
Can I make a data drive available over iSCSI without losing the data on it on windows 2012 or does it have to be vhd?
>>
How do I know if my motherboard supports quad core CPUs? The sockets match but a friend told me that my motherboard still might not support it
>>
What are some good coolers for lga775?

Is there any meme cooler like the evo 212 for that socket?
>>
>>52268957
your friends an idiot.
>>
>>52268972
evo212 says it supports these:
> Socket: 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, AM2, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+
>>
>>52268973
Why? Is he wrong? My motherboard IS an old piece of shit so I thought he might be right
>>
>>52266501
Samsung. They have 64gb models for 20€ and usually have all around good performance. No good reason to buy less than 32gb micro sd cards
>>
>>52268972
>lga775

Hey I've >>52268957 got that socket as well. What CPU are you getting/have? I'm gonna get the intel core 2 quad q8400
>>
>>52268957
>look up motherboard on website
>look at CPU compatibility list
>>
>>52267064
You could always ask THEM after a class
>>
>>52267155
You know that webm's are just videos, right? Download MPC/VLC.
>>
>>52269015
I've got a really old motherboard which I bought from some random local store, their website doesn't have jack shit
>>
>>52268957
It depends on the motherboard chipset. Look at intel Ark to check compatibility.

Of course you're no gonna mount a core duo quad on a lga775 from the pentium 4 era.

Another important stat is the frequency of the system bus (1066mhz, 1333mhz, 1600mhz). If your motherboard supports up to 1066mhz you cant put in processors that run with 1333mhz systems
>>
>>52269063
Yeah but it's a pain switching between the image viewer and the video viewer. When I was using Linux I used gThumb and it could transition from image to video seamlessly.
>>
>>52269086
>Of course you're no gonna mount a core duo quad on a lga775 from the pentium 4 era.

Well my motherboard is from Pentium 4 era so I guess I'm fucked
>>
I have problem with HDMI Output. Video is transmitted correctly, but sound doesn't work.

The pips in Sound options doesn't move. Yes, it's selected as default playback device.

When switched to HDMI output, even youtube videos goes into "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Using Radeon HD5860, latest drivers.
>>
>>52268998
I'm
>>52269086

I was gonna get a xeon e5450 (basically a core duo quad @3ghz) and use the lga775-771 mod to make it run on lga775 motherboards. Those xeons are way cheaper than core duo quads and run better. Also the mod is like 5$ to buy and extremely easy to buy. There's always a chance it does not run so I have a backup lga775 processor in case I have to update the bios to make it run.
There's a wide compatibility list online if you search
>>
>>52269117
Check anyway, you might be lucky
>>
>>52269128
That's all much too complicated for me, plus I don't really have enough money to buy backups an shit. Good luck m8

>>52269134
How do I check the system bus frequency?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-06-15-26-13.png (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-06-15-26-13.png
155KB, 1280x720px
>>52268987
Shit sorry I was deceived by their site

Evo 212 it is then, no questions
>>
>>52269134
So I guess I'm fucked. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261040-28-upgrades-intel-i945p-help

First of all I don't have money to buy both a CPU and a motherboard, and even if I did I have DDR2 ram so the motherboard wouldn't support it and I'd have to get new ram.. I guess I'll be stuck on this piece of shit forever :(
>>
>>52269162
Well a backup core duo running something like 1.8ghz should be around 5$

Also the xeon I bough was 30$

For system bus frequency look up your motherboard on Google, there should be plenty of info. Plus if you still have the package, it should be said somewhere. To check a processor's bus compatibility either go to intel Ark or look up list of intel core duo processors on Wikipedia

>>52269213
A brand new system could go as low as 120$ if you know what you are doing
Pentium 20th anniversary
1x4gb of ram
Shittiest compatible motherboard
There you go, huge performance and efficiency improvements

Also if you want more juice from that motherboard look if you can mount Pentium D processors, basically two cores on the same old Pentium cpu. They were intel's first dualcores and the fastest Pentium 4 processors they made
>>
File: 1447693074977.jpg (54KB, 640x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447693074977.jpg
54KB, 640x760px
>>52266346
Is there a really good digital camera that has absolutely no wireless network devices in it?

Is it possible to buy a good camera without any kind of wifi, NFC, eye-fi etc. ?
>>
>>52269104
Ah k, maybe you can setup MPC to open images?: https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/3319 otherwise you'll have to keep asking/looking
>>
>>52269213
>>52269276
For example the 65nm Pentium D 945 2 cores @ 3.4ghz goes for 9.5€ here free shipping
>>
>>52269345
Would I be able to run CS:GO, Dota and older games at 60 fps with that? Don't care if I have to play on 800x600 on minimum graphics (which I already do)
>>
>>52269047
i figured it was one of those stupid question that everyone should know since its not just one or two of them, but every one of them refers to a computer as a machine. so i'm asking it here so they don't realize what a complete fucktard i am
>inb4 they already know
>>
File: 1451339565398.jpg (78KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1451339565398.jpg
78KB, 500x703px
I'm using Google Chrome browser on Chrome OS. A website has a bunch of http links to video streams but when I click them, Chrome tries to download as .mpg instead of streaming. Anyone know how to change this?

1. The links don't end in .mpg so I can't change the file association
2. The links are video streams
3. VLC is installed and can play the streams fine when imported manually

Maybe there's a Chrome extension to replace all the links on the site with "Open directly in VLC"? Halp pls.
>>
Is it common to have problems with the latest BIOS versions?

I'm getting crashes that I'm sure I never had when my system was new.
>>
>>52269372
I have no idea what the requirementS for those games are but I dont think they are cpu intensive. What do you have now and what framerates do you make?

Also consider that for 10$ it might be worth a shot no?
>>
>>52266372
Amazon. You can find better smarthpones there, sell your iPhone and stop being a disgusting FAGGOT.
>>
>>52266956
because of the botnet.

Get AOSP (Cyanogenmod) plus open gapps.
>>
What are the potential risks associated with turning of my computer every night and turning it back on every morning?
What are the potential risks associated with leaving my computer on all the time?
>>
>>52269539
I've got 3 gigs of ram, a GT610 and a Pentium 4 cpu. It barely runs CSGO at 30 fps, if not lower. I will check right now, haven't played in a while. Here are the CSGO minimum requirements:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 8 GB available space
>>
>>52267610
DDG literaly searchs google for you without tracking. But it doesn't come "improved" with your personal analytics stored and fed everytime you search google directly, making it a "neutral" search. Basically it's the way google would behave if it actually respected your privacy.
>>
>>52269400
Wasn't gonna say the inb4 anon.
A computer is a machine, and since they're teaching general basics and abstract concepts maybe they like to keep that sort of terminology consistent? Or machines can be any sort of setup whereas a computer is a more specific machine?
Either way the answer will be some anal technical definition or logic, and i guarantee they won't give two shits if you ask, probably struggle to get away knowing how much CS guys love their field.
>>
One of my clients wants to get software to monitor his employees' activities during the work day, because people keep getting fucking viruses and screwing stuff up.

It's hard to find good ones though because most of the technology world is very pro-privacy.

Anyone know some good old-fashioned spyware for businesses?
>>
What are the advantages of having a home server?
>>
The shiny 13in mbp i7 16GB ram w/SSD has become a glorified Facebook/Skype machine for the missus.

I am having none of that so I thought of selling the infernal machine and replace it with a teclast + keypad.

Would an older thinkpad i5 be a better bet in terms of power or is the new tablet hardware miles ahead of Lenovo?
>>
File: best ironing board.jpg (239KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
best ironing board.jpg
239KB, 1600x1600px
My system:
i7 4790K
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
12gb Vengeance 1600mhz ddr3
512gb ssd
R9 280 graphics

My quesiton:
I can buy another 4gb of same ram cheaply to make it 16gb. Is that worth it? All i do is game on my pc.
>>
>>52267614
sounds like you should get an internal or a pci usb 2.0 ports card. they're cheap.

It's odd that setup can load usb3 drivers but the os itself cannot. Try drivergenious and see if you can get different drivers.
>>
>>52269679
best to use a keylogger

>>52269685
having your own 'cloud' lager then google drive or one drive. Also share files within network faster.
>>
>>52269721
12 gigs should be enough for a couple of years senpai
>>
>>52269608
The problem is definitely the nvidia gt610, not even an i7 can run that gpu higher than 30fps

Get a better gpu and if you want also get that Pentium D, its a kinda big improvement
>>
>>52269685
>single place for all computers on the network to store files
>only does one thing (runs the server) so it can just stay on all the time without much maintenance
>access all those files from any device anywhere without relying on cloud services
>>
>>52269765
So pretty much everything I have is shit and I should probably get a new computer. Thanks for the help tho
>>
>>52269781
exactly. Also CSGO is more of a CPU based game then GPU.. so you have multiple bottlenecks in the system. Just replace everything.
>>
>>52269721
going over 8 gb + vram is absolutely useless for gaming and don't get the autists here that got scammed into 32 gb tell you otherwise. Keep your 12gb. Ask again in 5 years.
>>
>>52269124
Nvm. Solved it.
>>
How do you guys store your backups?
>>
>>52269900
Raid 10 w/ monthly external incremental backups
>>
>>52269721
>i7
>R9 280
I do not even have a reaction image
>>
should I go with awesome or i3wm, which has better window management? which is more practical to use with mouse?
>>
Does anyone have the recommended software guide?
The one with Avira, Defraggler, CCleaner, Gimp, etc
>>
>>52270172
ninite.com
>>
If I'm on a linux machine how can I switch to an AD user, as a local user? Say I have user test on AD, and the user local on the local machine. I can use "su test" as root to log in as the user "test" from AD, but as the user "local" (the local user) I cannot. What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>>52269696
i'd take an older i5 over any modern atom/arm honestly.
>>
>>52270092
ye i made an upgrade few weeks ago but i was stuck with an AMD phenom II that was bottlenecking everything i do. So i had to change CPU and Mobo first. I'll be buying a GTX980Ti next month.
>>
Is there a way to display the boards title Tahoma font properly on Firefox ?
>>
>>52270927
Ubuntu Gnome tho
>>
File: sm.jpg (99KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
99KB, 500x341px
I accidentally my LG G3 camera app.
Can someone please upload the apk and library folder.
>>
I can understand why it's called Jewbuntu,
but why is the usage of gnome so frowned upon ?
>>
>>52271243
you mean unity?
>>
>>52270092
get fucked edgelord
>>
>>52266346
Whenever I try to install W8.1 on my laptop I get stuck on the splash screen and cannot proceed. I have tried setting the BIOS in both Legacy and UEFI mode as well as the hard drives to their corresponding GPT and MBR partitions. Want can I do to fix this? Installing other OS is not an option unfortunately.
>>
File: 1447191608816.jpg (17KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447191608816.jpg
17KB, 210x200px
>>52271302
>>52271302
I see a lot of hatred against Ubuntu, using Debian at the moment and not giving a fuck anyway

But when it comes to desktop environments Gnome seems to be really frowned upon, and I don't understand why.

I'm pretty new to Linux as primary OS, but so far I find gnome pretty nice, well customizable, great laptop support, pretty stable, so why all the hate ?
>>
>>52271417
No error or some shit pops up?
Disconnect all hdds and other crap and retry
>>
>>52270927
>>52271103
Just install the Tahoma font pal
>>
Is there a way to get iMessage onto android?
>>
Why is ricing Windows 8.1 such a pain in the ass? I looked on /wg/'s sticky and nanami-tan.info for any guides but they're either outdated or unhelpful at best.
>>
File: ss1_lr.jpg (2MB, 4416x3312px) Image search: [Google]
ss1_lr.jpg
2MB, 4416x3312px
I have loads of porn videos on my laptop (macbook) that I'd like to access from my phone (Samsung galaxy) when I fap on the toilet.
I own a domain name that I think I could use for it but I don't really know how to proceed, is there any way to do it and have a nice interface?
By the way I'd like it to be only accessible by myself, with a password or whatever
>>
>>52271727

googled "streaming macbook android"
http://www.airplayit.com/blog/streaming-video/wirelessly-streaming-video-audio-from-mac-to-android-phone.htm

That wasn't that hard, was it ?
>>
>>52271882
That's not really what I want, I'd just like a nice way to upload them to my online server and have a nice and protected interface
>>
>>52271911
FTP's the word
>>
>>52271930
Looks like I'll have to do this then
>>
How can I unlock a phone? I need to do it myself.

It's a Sony Ericsson C1505.
>>
File: 1446085057174.jpg (144KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1446085057174.jpg
144KB, 500x667px
So /g/, I've been using an OTG cable to connect my PS3 controller to my android. Basically using 2 cables (Phone -> OTG Cable -> Normal USB cable - > Controller)

Then I saw this. But would this shit work?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S0RX7HI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A261H57PVQ5RPO

For some reason I have this gut feeling that it wouldn't just werk™ for some reason
>>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

// Generate a vector and organize data
// Vector's data will be displayed in ascending order

#define SIZE 5
#define FALSE 0
#define TRUE 1

main(){
int vetor[SIZE],i,change,final,store;

change = FALSE;
final = SIZE;

printf("Enter a vector of %d elements\n",SIZE);

for(i=0;i<SIZE;i++){
printf("Element %d ",i);
scanf("%d", &vetor[i]);
getchar();
}

do
{
change = FALSE;
for(i=0;i<final;i++)
{
if(vetor[i]>vetor[i+1])
{
store = vetor[i];
vetor[i] = vetor[i+1];
vetor[i+1] = store;
change = TRUE;
}
} //end for
} while(change);

for(i=0;i<SIZE;i++) printf("%d\n", vetor[i]);
}

I don't know what is wrong here. It's returning 0 as one of the elements, but I didn't put 0:

root@localhost:~/c$ ./a.out
Enter a vector of 5 elements
Element 0 3
Element 1 6
Element 2 8
Element 3 4
Element 4 1
root@localhost:~/c$

Any clues?
>>
>>52271727
create SMB share and ES exlorer on android.
>>
>>52272120
vetor[i] = vetor[i + 1];

you do this at the last item too, even though your array doesn't have any more items left.
>>
>>52272120
try
vetor[i] = vetor[(i+1)%SIZE];
vetor[(i+1)%SIZE] = store;

instead
>>
I removed the Windows 10 update icon, but now I want to get it back so I can update.
How do I get it back?

Also, could you please post pictures of your RAM usage for 'System and Compressed Memory" if you are using Windows 10 please?
>>
>>52272352
root@localhost:~/c$ ./a.out
Enter a vector of 5 elements
Element 0 4
Element 1 6
Element 2 3
Element 3 7
Element 4 5

The program don't return nothing.
>>
File: 1-6-2016 12-57-58 PM.jpg (68KB, 460x395px) Image search: [Google]
1-6-2016 12-57-58 PM.jpg
68KB, 460x395px
Going to upgrade to a current gen i5, a 6600K most likely.

Obviously will need a new motherboard with that.

My question is, should I think about getting new RAM sticks while I'm at it?
If I should, recommendations? I mostly use my PC for gaming, and the 12GB I have now were free with the i7-950 that I got ages ago.
>>
>>52272406
don't forget to change this too
vetor[i]>vetor[(i+1)%SIZE] 

you understand what this does right? using mod operator means you're comparing/swapping the very last element with the first element instead of the overflow value your original code was pulling.
>>
>>52272406
And only stops with CTRL+Z.
>>
>>52272450
memory speed almost doesn't effect gaming at all.
>>
>>52272468
Same problem. The problem return nothing and only stops with CTRL+Z.
>>
do mods have the ability to archive a thread instantly instead of it having to drop to the bottom?
>>
>>52272450
sure you can keep it, make sure the motherboard supports DDR3.
A quick look I couldn't find any motherboards still supporting triple channel, might want to add another stick if you want, but shouldn't be that much of a difference.
>>
>>52272475
>>52272523

It's in an infinite loop because change is always being set to TRUE.
>>
Any reason why my AC wifi adapter downloads at 25mb/s and uploads at 50+?

Asus router and asus pcie wifi adapter, tried different drivers and channels etc.
>>
>>52272511
>>52272529
Thanks senpais
>>
>>52272562
With these lines the program works but return that strange value 0 that I didn't put in it:

vetor[i]>vetor[i+1])
vetor[i] = vetor[i+1];
vetor[i+1] = store;

I copied the source code from this video. And in this video the dude successfully executed it. Maybe it's some Debian problem.

https://youtu.be/IHBmWm8wlP4

Thanks people!
>>
>>52272120
yo, in your for loop when you're sorting, you have
for(i=0;i<final<i++)
, but when in your if statement, when you check if the current element is larger than the next one, you have
if(vetor[i]>vetor[i+1])
think of what happens during the final loop when i = 4? you're going to get undefined behavior. furthermore, you're probably getting that zero from setting vetor[i] to vetor[i+1], but vetor[i+1] is out of range.

simple fix: change your for loop to
for(i=0);i<final-1;i++)

sorry for the formatting. rarely post.
>>
>>52272702
whoops, meant
for(i=0;i<final-1;i++)
>>
>>52272740
Problem solved. Thank you very much!

But why the dude in the video didn't had to do this?
>>
>>52272788
>But why the dude in the video didn't had to do this?
the value he got for
 vector[5] 
must have been larger than any value in the array. you got 0. your bug was better than his.
>>
>>52272788
in c, for the most part, when you try accessing an element that is out of its range, you get undefined behavior. you can still access it, but you'll never know what's stored at that memory address. his machine probably had a large int being accessed during the final iteration of the loop, so that if statement was skipped and no weird number (0 in your case) was inserted.

i wasn't getting weird results like you either.
>>
>>52273024
>with nothing running
>notification area is cramped with programs running in background
>>
Is 34C a good temp for an i5 after playing TF2 on its highest settings at like 200 FPS for a little less than half an hour? Not currently playing but after playing
>>
>>52273166
34C is fine for idle temperature
>>
>>52273166
CPU temperature goes down very fast, 2-3 seconds when there's no load anymore.
might want to check while playing if you're concerned about temperature
>>
What botnets? Is google one or is it a meme?
>>
>>52273166
yes 32 is no load temp
>>
Does anyone know how the functions in the stdio library in C are implemented? Like getchar() or read().
>>
>>52273326
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 in general are some examples of botnets
I believe Steam is one as well
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
What GPU would go well with an i3 2100? The CPU is quite old and I'm running a GTS450 from some unknown company called "Club3D" and the bottleneck on that thing is palpable. Looking to do some 1080p gaming on this particular rig. Right now I'm thinking about buying a GTX 960, or should I go for a 950?

The PSU is 500 watts so I don't think the power is going to be a problem, since clearly I'm not going to run some Titan X on a 2100. My budget is pretty low - 200€ or a few euros over that.

Pic VERY related - I took care of it though.
>>
>>52273419
look at the source?
>>
Can I use something like Xboot to create a flash drive with a Win ISO and Killdisk?

I want to be able to wipe all my drives and then reinstall Windows from the same USB
>>
>>52273437
aahhh AAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>52273437
750 ti
>>
File: DSC_0121.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0121.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>52273479
This is what fucking happens when you don't open your prebuilt shitter for FOUR ENTIRE YEARS.
>>
File: 1287673109813.jpg (15KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1287673109813.jpg
15KB, 268x265px
Stupid headphone question.

Whats the point of open-back headphones? Do they have the best sound quality?

I live on my own and only use headphones at home, so if i'm looking for a new pair should i be buy buying open-back?
>>
>download drivers
>install evga 960
>launch
>works
>restart
>doesn't work

I know this is a drivers issue. what to I need to do exactly because obviously I'm fucking something basic up.
>>
>>52273558
STOPPP
>>
Is sourceforge ok to download programs from? I remember seeing some news stories a while back that said their installers are filled with junkware.
>>
>>52273614
google
>>
File: DSC_0125.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0125.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>52273746
The heatsink was completely filled with dust. The fan was uselessly spinning around, no air got through AT ALL. A literal carpet of dust completely blocking all airflow.
>>
>>52273837
god it looks like it used to literally be a living thing
>>
File: 71PhR1gXbtL._SL1500_.jpg (163KB, 1500x1273px) Image search: [Google]
71PhR1gXbtL._SL1500_.jpg
163KB, 1500x1273px
Is this a good deal? I've been meaning to get a desktop, but more for business. I need to be able to run programs like media composer and I think this meets the specs. I'm just trying to get what I need at a decent price.
http://www.amazon.ca/Lenovo-6137-8G-1TB-Professional/dp/B00GB7GULO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1452107919&sr=8-10&keywords=desktop
>>
File: DSC_0126.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0126.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>52273876
send help
>>
What's the best GPU I can get for around $110 and outperforms a 750ti?
>>
>>52273977
Nothing
>>
If Google hadn't made android what os would be on our phones?
>>
File: ippp.png (28KB, 758x454px) Image search: [Google]
ippp.png
28KB, 758x454px
I don't fucking get it /g/, what the flying fuck is going on with firefox recently ?

everything on here worked fine until two days ago, well flash was already a bitch on firefox to begin with but now it literally forbids me to post on 4chan ? wtf is this ?

pic related is the message I get when I try to post, it says

"the identity of the website cannot be verified" and that 'if this website was usually working for you, it may now be someone usurping the identity of the website"

"this website is using HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to indicate to firefox to only establish a secured connection. Thus it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate"

is this definitive and why the fuck did it randomly start now ?
>>
Would locking the framerate on a game reduce the load on the GPU?
>>
I literally have to reinstall graphics card every reboot what's the deal?
>>
>>52274026
we'd all be iCucks
>>
File: dzzar.png (8KB, 612x188px) Image search: [Google]
dzzar.png
8KB, 612x188px
>>52274106
fuck, forgot technical details.

"sys.4chan.org uses an invalid security certificate"
>>
Is the fgts.jp archive not working for anyone else? The main page works, but if I click on any board I get "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

Stats pages work fine, looks like it's been importing but if I try to view any thread I also get "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."
>>
>>52267326
Flexbox and columns mixed together might help you out. Set the height of 1 to 100%, and 2 and 3 to 50%.
>>
>>52274124
yes
>>
Let's say I have an iphone 4s on ios 7.something. Can I update it to ios 8.4 or must I update it to 9.1?
The phone lags on 9.1, and 7.something sucks because some apps don't support it anymore
>>
>>52274194
You're not the first to ask. I think it's just a global issue with FF
>>
File: help.gif (1MB, 230x290px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
1MB, 230x290px
Long story short, I have translated some text and now I have to put back every line under its original. Do I really have to copy/paste each single line until I'm done or is there any way to automatize the process ? (either something that's already available or quick to code) I barely know how to code in Java if that help. I'm using google drive to store everything but I can copy/paste it pretty much anywhere
>>
>>52274381
why
>>
>>52274539
use linux
>>
Why is there no way to get the shit tier apps like Google music/movies/books off my phone? Deleted the actual files but it just redownloads again.
>>
REMOVE THE FUCKING LINK TO PTG ON OP, search return your shitty general when I search for ptg
>>
how do guys theme your loonix so good? I can never get themes to actually look like they're supposed to.

>go Linux
>waste hours theming desktop instead of doing anything productive
>>
>>52274618
oh wow, two results.
It must be so hard to click on the other one.
>>
Any point in getting Ubuntu for a casual like myself? I have no programming experience. I use FXCM and Dolby Axon daily. I'll be joining the Air Force soon, if that matters at all.
Laptop is kinda old and sluggish. I'd imagine Linux might help with that.
>>
>>52274635
I don't want to see other results, it bugs me.
>>
>>52274514
soooo is this even fixable or should I just go to chrome ? I don't really like chrome, but what the fuck can I do ?
>>
>>52274675
I don't have this issue on Chromium so I suppose it's a fix, but seriously can't you just add the security exception and move on? It's not that hard to do
>>
Do iSCSI targets have to be VHD files? Can't it just be a pre-existing volume with folder structure?
>>
>>52274675
>>52274711
Also is your clock set to the right time?
>>
Any good programs/apps to track my phones location? I'm going to lend it to someone I trust, but I still want something to assure me. It only has to track while it's on but shouldn't show any signs on the phone.
>>
why is mediatek considered crap?
>>
>>52274711
I tried, believe me I tried, but it's telling me that "there is no exceptions available for this certificate" (HTTP HSTS)
>>
>>52274718
It doesn't have to be VHD, but has to be a iscsi target. If the volume wasn't setup beforehand as isci it won't work
>>
So /g/ this is my problem:
I have a thinkpad with Linux Mint on it.
After i decided to go for the American Keyboard layout there are no keys for the mutated vowels ( ä, ö, ü ).
How can i configure the keyboard that pressing fn+a makes ä ?
A gui program is prefered after it doesnt work with xev
>>
>>52274794
Is there any particular reason you're trying to connect with http when 4chan has https available?
>>
>>52274799
I'm trying to get my head around it all but it's exactly what I'm looking for.

So is it possible to take a disk that is ntfs formatted and make it available over iscsi? The wizard just makes me pick a disk, then what type of virtual file I want and then location.
>>
How much can I expect to be able to overclock a Sapphire 380? Factory clock is 985 mhz
>>
How long is Darik's Boot and Nuke supposed to last? I tried nuking an old laptop and it ran from like 7 PM to 2 AM. I decided to shut it off and restart, and all of my data was still there.

Plus my manager at the place I work will be throwing out a bunch of old computers very soon, and he is probably going to task me to wipe out all of the pc's, since I am the techy of the group.
>>
File: iscsi-config-11360650.jpg (212KB, 1103x828px) Image search: [Google]
iscsi-config-11360650.jpg
212KB, 1103x828px
>>52274865
Just to make it clear I'll explain what I got from your question.

A Virtual HD is space allocated on an HDD to be used as space for something like a VM. iSCSI can be that, a partition or a whole drive. The space should be unallocated and formatted to be used as iSCSI (pic)

Then you set your target on your OS and it's good to go. What software are you using to create your iSCSI target?
>>
>>52274828
I'm not trying to connect with anything, I just search for 4chan and access it. This made me maybe think it was my bookmarked link that was outdated but it's the same.
>>
>>52267155
I always used firefox (or whatever web browser) as my default image viewer. It's not perfect but it works.
>>
are there shills on r/buildapc?
>>
>>52274585
But anon, even if I do have a dual-boot Windows/Linux I can't manage to find that kind of feature on it, where could I find it?
>>
File: image%3A34142.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A34142.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
A kind anon linked me to this prior
http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/4-Colors-Up-to-64G-MicroS-D-Micro-S-D-S-D-HC-TF-to-Mini/32264528832.html?spm=2114.10010108.100005.10.07HaWs

Anyone know where or how I can find more like it? I don't really know the proper search term and they are just smaller sized SD card adapters but I need one because my machine doesn't have a full size slot and instead has some sort of half sized SD card slot which means it just sticks out
>>
>>52274914
I'm using windows server 2012. I've managed to create a target and read/write to it. Was mainly wondering if I HAVE to create a VHD on the drive I want to create as a target or if the existing files on there can be added to iSCSI without having to move them off, create a VHD and then re-add them all.

I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>52274780
Bump
>>
>>52274956
text=$(<text.txt)
sed 's/^/'$text'/;n' < file.in > file.out

text.txt is the translated text to insert, and file.in is the origonal untranslated text. That's the best I'll give you. If the lines don't match up that's your problem.
>>
>>52275091
You have to move them off first.
>>
>>52274567
because everything after 8.4 lags like shit
>>
>>52275134
How would going from 7 to 8.4 be an improvement? I suppose you could download the appropriate ios file and upgrade to it manually, I haven't used an iPhone in years I wouldn't know if Apple patched this
>>
>>52275090
Wow you are stupid.

>it just sticks out
That's how it's supposed to do.

You're not meant to keep a card in there permanently.
>>
>>52274808
bumb
>>
>>52275200
Why
>>
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>52275225
yes, I do it all the time
>>
>>52275223
So you can pull it out once you're done with it?
>>
Should I exclude my virtual machine disks from my host antivirus?
>>
>>52275225
Of course
>>
>>52275223
>>52275270
Here this should be enough info for you

https://youtu.be/Zd7AyTU_wIs
>>
File: 1449615051990.jpg (1MB, 2800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449615051990.jpg
1MB, 2800x1600px
>>52275112
Alright, it works, thank you so much. Have some cool wallpapers, I don't know
>>
>>52275270
Mate I don't mean it stick out just that little bit, I mean a quarter of the card is sticking out and it doesn't fit in flush but instead looks stupid. Hence the need for a smaller one to fit in flush
>>
File: 1451622413549.png (922KB, 8331x6054px) Image search: [Google]
1451622413549.png
922KB, 8331x6054px
>>52275336
Wow if it did thanks for telling me. I honestly doubted myself
>>
Can some one tell me how this program was called that was able to split up pictures (mainly porn) into squares and them scramble them, invert color, etc. ?
>>
>>52275132
Balls. I can see why dealing with just one large file is easier but how would you back these vhds up? Won't it rewrite the entire backup everytime or is it possible to do incremental ones?
>>
>>52275415
I'm pretty sure you have to do full backups every time.
>>
>>52275457
Alright. Thanks a lot, I couldn't find answers to this for hours on google.
>>
>>52275505
Yw
>>
>MPC HC + mad VR
>Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit.

Subtitles have always worked.

Until I came against this particular web-DL release for a show

Loading subtitles don't work, MPC won't load them. Says 'unsupported renderer'

OK?

Then I rename the sub file the same as video file
the subtitles are visible
but MPC-HC still thinks they aren't loaded (says not loaded OR unsupported renderer)

and I can't adjust the subs

WHat gives?
>>
>>52275314
Thanks, I will look more into it
Any way to tell if it'd actually fit in my device though? I can't tell if there's a universal SD card slot size or something
>>
>>52268752
Vsync is going on.
>>
>>52275636
It is universal.
>>
>>52275647
Even for smaller ones like the Nifty? I thought Macbooks varied between their SD card slot sizes with their different models
>>
File: we're all on a disk man.jpg (819KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
we're all on a disk man.jpg
819KB, 1920x1080px
Going to uni. I should get a VPN to continue torrenting right?
>>
>>52275663
Uh they should be the same size. Here is a non mac one if that's what you want

http://www.amazon.ca/Shortening-microSD-Raspberry-Pi-Macbooks/dp/B00HV4YFYU/ref=pd_sim_236_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51kTBm29i3L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=157FH9GBJDTSFJN4ET8X
>>
File: Capture.png (91KB, 1913x921px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
91KB, 1913x921px
>>52275643
Why does it fluctuate up and down so rapidly? This is Call of Duty: Black Ops, a five year old game and it game maintain frame times.
>>
>>52275400
remember this one but forgot the name, good times

>>52275674
yes
>>
>>52275743
What game is the first one? It might just be a heavy load
>>
My audio suddenly stopped working. My sound card is fine, the drivers are fine, it's not working with speakers or headphones, and it's not working on Windows or Ubuntu. What could it be?
>>
>>52275766
>yes
Thanks. Is PIA ok? I've never used one.
>>
>>52275779
What do you mean "the first one"? That's the same game, it fluctuates so rapidly it looks like two separate games. That's one game.
>>
Anyone have any experience using plastic Google Cardboard headsets? I'm looking for a relatively affordable one that won't dig ridges into my nose and has decently large lenses.
>>
>>52275805
I mean the screenshot with the fullscreen/windowed results, they both have the name of the game cut off at the top. The second picture you just posted says "black ops"
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (1MB, 1892x671px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
1MB, 1892x671px
Downloaded a 3D bluray film to watch on my 3d projector
Play it but there is nothing 3d about it
My glasses are turned on.
Sure I can change option on my remote to turn the 3D display, change depth, seems a bit 3d but I'm uncertain.

Feels as if I'm missing something, do I need a more suitable player or play with the nvidia 3d settings?
>>
I go here
www.gamdias.com/en/support/download.php?pin...type=software
to download the driver software for my mouse and it gives me a redirect loop. what's up with that? I gave it a week and it still does this
>>
>>52275831
That was also Black Ops.
>>
>>52266374
Been running cracked versions of a lot of Adobe Programs for college on Win 10 since it released and its been grand.
>>
>>52275795
looks ok to me but get some other opinions
>>
>>52275881
Okay then. Anything running in the background of a windowed game still uses the GPU while fullscreen does not. I'm sure you would see a similar result in most games
>>
>>52275726
Thanks for the link, in the UK though
One I found here was around £19 which is absolutely bloody ridiculous for an adapter. Might have no choice though
>>
>>52275942
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Shortening+microSD+
>>
File: 1353643242714.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1353643242714.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>52275791
Haha my speakers weren't plugged in.
>>
>>52275963
Thanks Senpai, even looking at the reviews there some of them say it sticks out in their device so it seems difficult to determine just how much I'm after.
I'll look into it some more, thanks again. Wouldn't have found that otherwise
>>
>>52276030
Good luck
>>
I'm looking at IT degrees and I'm wondering what's the best path to choose? Options are:
Computer Science
Networking
Software Development
Solutions Development
>>
>>52275933
That doesn't answer why even on fullscreen the frametime jumps up and down rapidly.
>>
>>52276126
Networking. I get my college cert. for networking in April, I'm going for my A+, MCSE, CCNA, CNA, and CCNP after. I know I can get them any time but they're very costly and don't last long.

You should aim for something similar. Keep in mind that A+, Net+ and Sec+ don't count for much. You need your CCNA and CCNP to get a good job, security would be even better.

Enough of my rambling, what interests you? Programing? IT work? Administration? Math?
>>
I just got a 2nd monitor. My 1st monitor is 144hz, while the 2nd is 60hz. I set my 2nd monitor up and now the 1st monitor is stuck at 60hz. Going into Display adapter properties, it says the refresh rate is at 60hz and doesn't give me the option of 144hz. I'm running Windows 10, 2xcrossfire 7970s.
>>
>>52269333
Can't think of any modern ones. Why?
>>
MSI's website lists several video output ports in the mobo I want to buy, but a review I've read says the mobo doesn't support integrated graphics

Is the review full of shit or am I missing something, cause I assumed the CPU's integrated graphics would go out through the mobo's display ports

Not that I'm going to use integrated graphics, but I want to be sure I can rely on them as a temporary measure if the graphics card fails
>>
>>52266372
Check out reddit. Their jailbroken iOS communities are actually nice, and helpful.
>>
>>52276506

On a related note, is the MSI B85M E45 a decent mobo or should I look at other brands

At first I was going with an Asus H81M but I've read Asus mobos are shitty and their RMA is a pain in the dick and I should get B85 instead
>>
>>52276439
What did you fucking expect? You don't even deserve an answer asshole
>>
Could I sli a 3gb model gtx 660ti with a 2gb gtx 660 ti?
>>
>>52276574
Not sure. First time with 2 monitors. Could you explain what happened for me, please?
>>
so when you run linux off a usb, where does the additional data you download when using it get stored? also on the usb?
>>
File: onep.jpg (208KB, 911x726px) Image search: [Google]
onep.jpg
208KB, 911x726px
Hmmm an open box Samsung S5 or an Asus Zenfone 2?
>>
>>52276616
No. You can do asymmetrical crossfire but not sli.
>>
>>52276663
if you formatted it with persistent storage then on the partition you chose.
otherwise it'll stay in RAM.
>>
>>52266901
Dual Link DVI-D lets you output 144Hz, whereas I think other DVI caps to 60hz
>>
File: 1014151807.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1014151807.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is the raid 0 slot best for my ssd? I was told it's the faster because it's has the cpu directly utilize the port instead of and onboard chip thingy for other secondary sata ports
>>
File: 1390598765609.png (736KB, 1734x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1390598765609.png
736KB, 1734x1255px
>>52276506
Err a very small portion of Intel CPUs do not have iGPUs. I highly doubt you are looking at one that doesn't have integrated. Any Haswell i3, i5, or i7 will have integrated available.

If you're replacing a mobo for an older CPU model say socket 1155, you might have a problem

The two boards you listed are 1150 and are okay. Go for MSI
>>
>>52276616
Yes but your 3GB card will only allow 2GB to match the other card. In total you will only have 2GB of total VRAM available for both cards
>>
File: CvdqWQQ.jpg (36KB, 458x591px) Image search: [Google]
CvdqWQQ.jpg
36KB, 458x591px
What's the fastest way to get a oneplus x invite?

Would like to buy one in the next couple days ideally.
>>
File: 1450546022880.png (1MB, 700x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1450546022880.png
1MB, 700x1094px
>>52276464
I simply don't want or need networking in every device that I have. If because of this, the camera would be less expensive or the battery life would be better, I'd be happy.

pic unrelated
>>
>>52276733

Nah I'm building a Pc from scratch, with a Haswell i5

It just seems weird and stupid to me that a mobo wouldn't support integrated graphics
>>
>>52276726
>Is the raid 0 slot best for my ssd?
I think your knowledge is misplaced, but no all SATA ports run at the same speed 6GBPS (assuming they are all SATA 3 ready)

>>52276769
It's the CPU that doesn't have the built in GPU. For price wise or maybe higher end xeons for extra cores, not really average desktop CPUs
>>
>>52276765
It's not like the WiFi is on and depleting your battery quicker. Besides judging product worth by a list of specs is dumb as shit and it's not like networking capabilities cost a meaningful amount to implement. Just get a DSLR if you want battery life and don't use the network features. They are really nice tho, imo. Remote control and image transfer works really well on my Fuji.
>>
File: minty-640x640.jpg (68KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
minty-640x640.jpg
68KB, 640x512px
Best linux distro for beginners that doesn't look shit?
>pic related, i hate the bars and what not
>>
>>52276817

The processor does have IGP, an Intel HD 4600 or some shit

what I'm saying is the review said the motherboard doesn't support integrated graphics, as in if you put a CPU with integrated graphics on it you'll still need a dedicated GPU because the mobo doesn't work with the iGPU
>>
>>52276903
I'll probably will, but I was just curious if there is such digital camera available.
It's a stupid questions thread, right?
>>
>>52276934
I see I misread your comment
>>
>>52276930
To elaborate, i like smooth, minimalist look.
>>
File: 0903151141.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0903151141.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52269372
Yes and to the other guy about during core 2 quads on 775a. Some boards support it. Like my old insperon 755 did but I had to update the bios first. Used a q8200 at 2.4 each core with 8 gigs of ddr2 800mhz and a pny 650 to superclocked and it ran fallout 4 and mgs 5 at 45-60 fps all day at 1080p
>>
>>52276948
The look & feel really depends on the desktop environment you use, not the distro.

I recommend Numix theme and icons.
>>
>>52276948
If you want minimal install Arch and pick your own DE. Use Ubuntu Gnome if you want an OS that will treat you right
>>
>>52277028
>Desktop envirement
????
>>
How the fuck do you mount an hfs+ drive on opensuse? Motherfucker will mount but it'll always be readonly. I have hfsutils, and I'm mounting like

sudo mount -t hfsplus -o rw,force, <lousyniggerdrive> <dirtyanuspoint>
but it still wants to mount readonly.
>>
Okay, I'm on a laptop with 1 hard drive. I want to transfer the contents of that hard drive to 2 new hard drives: an SSD and an HDD. What makes this tricky is that my laptop only has two slots for hard drives. What would be the best way to do this?

I'm thinking right now I'm going to add the new HDD, copy over all my media, take that out and install the SDD, copy my partitions (I'm dual booting Linux and Windows), then take out the original HDD and put the new one in.
>>
>>52276733
>overall RMA rates Toshiba: 1.54%

So I should get a Seagate Barracuda instead of the 1TB Toshiba I was gonna buy?
>>
>>52277040
Oh I don't have that comma after the force, I just typo'd that post.
>>
>>52277032
lel, i tried arch and formatted my HDD. Is Gmoe like arch in the sense that you have to use terminal? Because i don't want to have to use that and fuck my shit up
>>
https://youtu.be/-5Epb5Fisio
>>
>>52277037
Gnome, Unity, KDE, XFCE, etc.

>>52277054
There's nothing wrong with either companies HDDs despite what /g/ might say.
>>
>>52277082
At least he's trying faggot
>>
>>52277090
Like rainmeter for windows sort of?
>>
how much can i oc 6600k with 212 evo?
>>
>>52277054

look at the video cards section
>680
>7870

that pic is horribly outdated
>>
>>52277071
>Is Gmoe like arch in the sense that you have to use terminal?

Gnome is much more user friendly imo. All version of Linux have terminal (CLI) available, but in Gnome you can navigate using the GUI just as easily.

>>52277105
Ubuntu is the base of the OS as you have probably seen in terminal screenshots to install programs you can do 'install apt-get program'

You can use many different interfaces with Ubuntu though DEs. Unity is the more popular one for Ubuntu, Gnome is another.

Both are really the same (some neckbeard will correct me on this) as they both use the same apt-get function

In other distros like CentOS you use yum install program instead, but can use DEs like Gnome
>>
Hey guys I have an android and my sister wants to jailbreak her iPhone, so I have no idea what to do. idk what to do.
>>
>>52277175

Asking google might be a good start
>>
>>52277175
Should probably fuck her to be perfectly honest
>>
>>52277135
You can make your turbo static. ie instead of 3.5->3.9Ghz make it 3.9Ghz fixed.

>>52277071
>>52277168
It's just the GUI really. Sorry I'm really cannot explain things like this. I tried.
>>
can i fit 165mm cooler in 160mm case?
>>
>>52277218
no
>>
>>52277218
If you cut a hole in the side panel.

Would one use an angle grinder to cut a hole in a piece of flat metal?
>>
>>52277208
That was very helpful, you did well explaining to a winfag
>>
Buying rMPB 256GB soon. May wait for new, may not. Regardless, will be running OS X & Win 10 via bootcamp. How much space should I allocate to each OS and should I bother with a shared partition? OS X will be the main OS. Inb4 shit from hands, botnet etc.
>>
>>52277319
Thanks
>>
Looking to run a bot for a game (in a dev-approved context.) I'm a technical retard compared to most of you and the bot's existing code works through fucking Java.

Hosting has been an issue for my group and I was looking at a raspberry pi as a low-cost solution. Are the java offerings for it robust enough that it'd actually work?
>>
>>52277321
Do the new rMBPs still have SATA bays or are you just stuck with the proprietary SSD mount? I'd say 80 GB to Win10 and the rest to OSX because I've heard OSX is a bit of a storage hog, but 256GB isn't a lot to work with in the first place. I'd look into expanding the storage if at all possible.
>>
>>52277417
>>52277417
>>52277417
>>52277417
>>52277417
>>
>>52276037
Thanks again, going to contact the seller to get details on the size since it seems I need an adapter around 17millimeters
>>
>>52274878
bump
>>
>>52277854
A long long time. Just destroy the MBR
>>
>>52276177
Thanks for the info anon and I'm more into hardware and admin work, which did make me steer towards Networking, especially since from what I've seen, Computer Science is oversaturated with more people than jobs now. Plus just been looking at the Masters and PhD options and I can branch into cloud and Enterprise computing.
>>
>>52277366
Thanks. I'm not sure re the SATA bay. For more storage I'll probably get a minidrive or chinese knockoff + 128GB microsd, comes to something like £65 and is easily removed, replaced, upgraded and repurposed, as well as FAT32 being compatible with both OSes. The store option for a bigger hard drive is something like £170 to go from the 256 to 512GB, even with educational discount, fuck that.
I'll probably go with something very similar if not the same as you've suggested re sizes.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.