[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay gentlemen I just accidentally fried my RAM and/or the RAM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1344980917474.png (127KB, 1795x709px) Image search: [Google]
1344980917474.png
127KB, 1795x709px
Okay gentlemen I just accidentally fried my RAM and/or the RAM slots on my motherboard in my laptop while trying to expand my memory. Tell me of your own fuckups so I don't feel so bad about this.
>>
I once ate a whole ham.
Would not recommend.
>>
>>52259321
Bought an overpriced prebuilt PC
>>
>>52259321
You really should put a trigger warning on that image OP
>>
This is what happens when you don't fall for the anti-static wrist wrap meme
>>
>>52259701
more like why you don't do it while lying on your bed wearing socks

funny thing is, had my second slot actually worked it would have been fine but instead i was flip flopping the old ram with the new to see if it was defective
>>
>>52259321
>Tell me of your own fuckups so I don't feel so bad about this.

Bought a $2700 gaming laptop. Got a couple years out of it. Blew a capacitor on the video card. Bought another $1200 gaming laptop.
>>
why am i so mad now
>>
Your image made me angry, OP, so no.
>>
Not mine, but my cousin bought a used 660Ti for cheap without checking if his PSU could handle the thing.
It couldn't.
>>
>>52260194
would that even damage the card?
>>
>>52260303
Lucky for him, the PSU only fried itself.
>>
Get a replacement from ebay.
>>
>>52260328
A replacement motherboard? For my laptop?
that'd be way more work than it's worth
>>
>>52259321
>Tell me of your own fuckups so I don't feel so bad about this.
In chronological order

Accidentally switched the system font to one which couldn't be displayed while messing with the settings on my parents computer.
Bricked the same computer by creating multiple partitions that exceeded the size of the actual HDD.
Bought a pre-built "gaming computer".
Plugged the pre-built "gaming computer" straight into the mains.
Touched the capacitors in an old mono-body computer to see if they were still holding a charge.
Didn't use multiple backups, resulting in loss of data.
Accidentally got myself banned from one of my own servers by confusing the host name with the user name while trying to access it via SSH.
>>
>>52260555
thanks you glorious dumbass and nice trips
>>
File: 2 equals 3.jpg (23KB, 373x257px) Image search: [Google]
2 equals 3.jpg
23KB, 373x257px
Apparently, you can't square bracket infinity.
>>
>>52259321
Knocked my tower over.
>>
One time I felt like playing age of empires 1. So I install that shit without any trouble but when I go to play it it says something about my graphics card being too powerful, or at least implying that. So naturally I disable the drivers. As my screen turned black I realized I am not a clever person, rebooted in safe mode and never told anyone.

Also one time I unplugged a hard drive while it was spinning.
>>
I never fuckup because I am perfect.

You should feel bad, git gud
>>
I let my parents get their data off of their old computer and onto the new one without doing it myself. Some bastard got $100 to drag documents onto an external drive. Not system setting or backups or any of that shit. Literally just ~150Gigs of photos and word documents, dragged onto an external drive.
>>
>>52261289
natural log of 1 is 0 tho

0/0 is indeterminate
>>
I bought a Pentium D CPU for my first from scratch, all new parts gaymen rig.

I then bought an Intel BTX form factor motherboard, and a $250 BTX tower. I figured if I bought a nice tower up front, I'd not have to buy another tower for a very long time, and BTX was the future.

So less than a year later my friend tries to plug in a cold cathode in to some random pins on my motherboard while the comp was running, and BTX boards are fuckin GONE.
>>
File: pickles.png (48KB, 635x777px) Image search: [Google]
pickles.png
48KB, 635x777px
Pickles.
>>
>>52259321
Please say "I accidentally my RAM" next time so it's clear what you did. Thank you.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.