[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Fuck these assholes - imgur is now forcing...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: HnJkrC5.gif (73 KB, 2566x1213) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HnJkrC5.gif
73 KB, 2566x1213
Go to http://i.imgur.com/SMRHIkg.gifv and see if you can download it as a webm. Used to be able to, now it only allows you to save as a gifv. Why are they forcing their proprietary and shitty format on the web?
>>
Well, no one is forcing you to visit that normiepile
>>
>>52258379
>and see if you can download it as a webm.
I do, I just have to wget the corresponding URL.

>Why are they forcing their proprietary and shitty format on the web?
That's not even a format, that's a HTML page that automatically either loads a webm or a mp4 depending on your browser
>>
File: RealUseful.png (7 KB, 1861x797) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RealUseful.png
7 KB, 1861x797
>this is what you get when you open a downloaded gifv

>>52258437
fair enough, if you do a wget it works. They redirect if you try to go through the browser though
>>
>>52258451
They do it because you're requesting it with a Accept: text/html header. Simple to bypass.

If you feel you must keep accessing those webm without JavaScript by rewriting the URL you may have a browser extension for that.
>>
>going to image reddit
>>
>>52258379

But gifv is a billion times better because it works on all platforms

Webm only works on Google shit
>>
>>52258905
>gifv works on all platforms
>it doesn't even work on this website
>>
>>52258916
that's not a platform, he's talking OS.
>>
Who the fuck cares? If you do then fck off back to reddit right now
>>
why would you even want to visit imgur in the first place
>>
just do Right Click -> Save video as?
>>
File: nzzydm.png (619 KB, 760x563) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nzzydm.png
619 KB, 760x563
works for me my man
>>
>>52258905
And on Firefox and even on edge iirc.
>>
>>52258379
>hosting your images on imgur
>not hosting your images on ANONMGUR
>>
>>52259018
>thinking I havent tried that
Still gives a gifv file.
>>
>>52259209
try a browser that isn't shit like chrome
>>
>>52259274
I'm using firefuck desu
>>
>>52259274
>using a browser from a company that spies on you and made well over a billion dollars selling your data

Wow, you're pathetic.
>>
File: no apng 4chan.png (9 KB, 264x89) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no apng 4chan.png
9 KB, 264x89
>>52258379
This isn't the future we wanted, but it's the future we deserve.

>>52259018
Weird. This worked the first time I did it, and now no longer works.
>>
>>52259309
try a browser that isn't shit, like chrome*

>>52259319
>he says as he input a google recaptcha to make his post
>>
>>52259345

I use ublock and disable all 3rd party requests by default. I'm only allowing google on this website, but you honestly make a great point. I need to stop using 4chan because of google's grasp on here. I've been browsing around other sites such as 8᠎c᠎h᠎a᠎n, but I really like you guys.
>>
>>52259209
You seem to be having a difficult time understanding that gifv is just a wrapper around webm or mp4. Let me help clarify. The gifv format is just an html wrapper around a webm or mp4. You can still access the movie directly but web requests will redirect to the gifv. The gifv being an html wrapper around webm or mp4.
>>
>>52259799
Why don't they just use webm without all this shit?
>>
File: karin-nx.gif (22 KB, 256x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
karin-nx.gif
22 KB, 256x256
>>52258916
>>
>>52259887
Branding would be my guess.
>>
>>52259887
Makes it more challenging. Don't you like challenges anon?
>>
>>52260057
>>52260075
ah, so you don't have a real answer then.

very well. i'll find someone who does.
>>
>>52260102
Why are you on 4chan asking about imgur? Go ask @sarah if you want a real answer.
>>
>https://i.imgur.com/SMRHIkg.webm
What possible confusing reason could there be for introducing a new extension for a format that DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING EXIST?
>>
I just get my webm's from 4chan anyway
>>
>>52259196
pomf.se died, not many other choices.
>>
>>52259799
This. It's so the webm doesn't become the page, instead it sits inside of a player within the page.
>>
>>52258401
This. Vote with your feet.
>>
>>52259887
cross compatibility for all the mobile scrubs
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Thread DB ID: 367820

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.