[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was installed on my pc, how do I get rid of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
179KB, 1024x768px
This was installed on my pc, how do I get rid of it?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>52255480
But Chrome runs best on Gentoo
>>
>>52255480
install gentoo
>>
>>52255464
stop doing things to make your parents not trust you, then ask nicely for them to remove it
>>
I think I can get rid of it if I leave the network domain but how do I do that?
>>
>>52255464
Delete /Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data
>>
File: 1449682334432.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1449682334432.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>52255869
/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome also work
>>
>>52255464
>Control Panel
>Uninstall a program
>Double click Google Chrome
>>
But Google docs is great
>>
>>52255464
Start > type "appwiz.cpl" > look for Google Chrome > Highlight it > click Uninstall > Follow promps
>>
>>52261478
prompts*
>>
>using chrome
full retard
go back to /v/ kid
>>
>follow /g/ advice
>don't use chrome for a month
>try 5 different browsers
>worst Internet experience of my life
>go back to Chrome
>everything loads and runs faster
>long missed plug-ins make Internet way better

Glad I only fell for the Anti-Chrome meme for a month.
>>
>>52255869
Optionally, right click the folder and restore previous version. Fixes the problem and doesn't mess up your settings.
>>
>>52261715
>Thanks for your post. 5¢ has been deposited to your direct deposit linked GoogleWallet™ account.
>>
>>52255464
https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/
>>
>>52261715
nightly and edge are objectively faster than chrome. no amount of shilling will change that fact.
>>
>>52261754
Said the guy working for Microkuck to shill Internet Explorer
>>
Is Opera considered botnet now that it uses chromium engine?
>>
>>52261788
it was considered botnet before that, too.
>>
File: aMQ4beW_460s.jpg (65KB, 460x495px) Image search: [Google]
aMQ4beW_460s.jpg
65KB, 460x495px
>>52261715
>>everything loads and runs faster
So what you mean is that your bandwidth is used before you request it to be with pages loading in the background and your memory is beiling utilized to a large degree for a mere web browser with hardly noticable performance increases at best and that you accept the fact that your information is being mined and sold in order to provide you with said "experience"?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>52261813
How so?
>>
>>52262147
it's a closed source proprietary browser made by an adcompany, they datamine just like google.
>>
>>52262192
Damn, this is disappointing. Is firefox the only non-botnet?
>>
>>52261783
i rooted for Edge for a while, but it suffers problems below the surface.

While it definitely launches quicker than chrome and initially feels faster and smoother, after a while of browsing, it really starts to strain.

Rearranging tabs is an arseache. Pull a tab out so that it makes a new window. Now fucking try and put it back without spawning about 3 new windows.

Browsing any website that makes use of infinite scrolling (such as facebook or twitter) causes it it start lagging immensely, despite not using any significant resources.

Sometimes after a while of running, pages start to lag and such, and the only fix is to close and reopen.

It likes to randomly quit itself (i believe this is a crash, but "apps" crashing don't show a "this program stopped working" dialog, they just close).

The dev tools are pretty neat, though lock up and crash the browser far more than anything else. This is the single thing that pushed me back over the line to Chrome.

Chrome definitely scrolls worse (chrome feels very old fashioned and stuttery compared with Edge's smooth scrolling). Chrome's repaints of pages are also much laggier when scrolling compared with Edge. Chrome uses a lot more RAM, and Chrome's font rendering is god awful.
However, Chrome's dev tools just work, the browser very rarely crashes, and it handles infinite content much better than any browser i've tried. I'm willing to give up a bit of launch time for that.
>>
>>52262385
firefox or one of its forks. there are other options on linux, though.
>>
>>52262424
I really should make the full time switch to manjaro
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.