[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was trying to factor this really big number (~150 digits),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 8365839100.jpg (375KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
8365839100.jpg
375KB, 1024x683px
So I was trying to factor this really big number (~150 digits), and I read about a factorization method called Number Field Sieve, and a sort of program called msieve in sourceforge that implements the method. Thing is, I'm not really good at computers, and I know this might sound really stupid to some of you, but how does one put the program together?

I went as far as decompressing the file, then I don't know what to do... I was expecting an executable file with a nice GUI desu...

sourceforge dot net / projects / msieve /

all help appreciated and thanks in advance!

pic unrelated
>>
I'm on mobile right now so I cant look at the tar to confirm, but it seems like it's a c++ program with what's called a makefile. This makefile is usable by c++ compilers to put together the final program. Find a suitable compiler for the job (GNU Make is the go-to) and use that to "make" the program.
>>
>>52251550
Is this possible using mac?
>>
>>52251577
Yes, in fact, slightly more so than on windows thanks to osx being UNIX based. Install the XCode developer tools, and then use the osx terminal, navigate to the extracted folder, and run make.
>>
>>52251450
>pic
Is that on the Gold Coast, by any chance?
>>
>>52251679
>>52251450

thats miami beach florida

amirite?
>>
>>52253399
>>52251679
I actually saved it from tumblr to found out! Sorry!

>>52251626
>>52251550
Thank you so much! So do I just type run make into the terminal after I navigate to the folder? I'm sorry, I'm so much better at math than at computers kek
>>
>>52254114
>find out
>>
>>52251450
do you have a processor over a pentium 3?

you can factor that number with a basic java program you probably wrote in your first year at uni, but with memory extensions. it will probably take an hour of programing and 2 of computation.

if you want to factor big numbers make programs that do it. you probably already have starter programs in your college files.
>>
>>52254252
I have an Intel Core M and unfortunately I'm a first year physics major, with few to no knowledge in computer programming / science

I found this java applet that uses another factorization method, but I didn't write it

alpertron dot com dot ar/ ECM dot HTM
>>
If you're interested in what I'm doing, I'm trying to crack short RSA keys, but I know nothing about computer programming lol
>>
>>52254506
If this is your "thing", I think learning programming sometime would be nothing but beneficial to you
>>
150 digits is just beyond what is easily doable for strong RSA semiprimes. I don't know of any programs that will take care of it for you in a reasonable amount of time, especially with no programming experience.

You're basically seeking two 250 bit primes, which is possible, but definitely not trivial.
>>
>>52254797
I thought the same thing

>>52254918
Can it be possible that the two factors aren't prime?
>>
>>52255560
For RSA? It's possible, yes, but highly, highly unlikely. We've known since the beginning that using composite factors would weaken the security modulus considerably, if it was composite it would require extra checks to make sure everything is still relatively prime making it actually more complicated, and we've known good primality tests for ages now so it's not like it's a huge deal to enforce.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.