[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solar Power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1229.gif (53KB, 935x379px) Image search: [Google]
1229.gif
53KB, 935x379px
Somebody on this board tell me why this would be a bad idea before I waste $700
>>
File: pastedimage_39176_752x501.png (229KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
pastedimage_39176_752x501.png
229KB, 752x501px
One panel?
This would be a better deal if you had a tesla power wall.
>>
File: 1451765875558.png (1MB, 1098x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1451765875558.png
1MB, 1098x1645px
>>52249220
Well it seem like the product you are planing to buy is not "free" as in freedom so i don't see the point.

The energy generated with burning wood that you have cut down yourself is more "free" than that made with this product.
>>
>>52249256
ebin
>>
>>52251131
Until you can fab your own hardware, free hardware isn't important.
>>
>>52249220
Because the cost per watt is higher than it should be. Look for a panel that is about 1 Watt per dollar or better. Get an inverter that can hook up to your house and send power back to the power company to spin the meter backwards and let the power company meter that back to you during the night. Get a large inverter because you can always add more panels to an inverter that is too large but once you grow past the power of the inverter you have to add another.
>>
looks awfully inneficient
I don't know how you can have a reliable solar installation without a shitload of quality equipement from batteries to panels and I'd reckon It'd cost more than 700$
>>
>solar power
>get completely cucked by weather
ayy
>>
>>52251131

But that would be too wasteful. I thought freetards were all about efficiency.
>>
How important is having a clear day for solar panels?
>>
File: 786baa.png (283KB, 457x672px) Image search: [Google]
786baa.png
283KB, 457x672px
>>52251131
RMS GIMP™© shirts ON SALE NOW, (limited time only): http://www.redbubble.com/people/finesseapparel/works/20096433-richard-stallman-gimp
>>
>>52249220
That panel is ridiculously underpowered.
>>
File: sun.jpg (1MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
1MB, 3300x2550px
>>52251388
It depends. If you only have a panel and an inverter you're going to only be able to use the power that reaches your panels so a cloud cover that blocks out 50% of the sun is going to reduce your power by 50%. If you're connected to the grid with a grid tie inverter then all that matters is the average because you sell excess power back to the company. If don't connect to the grid but have deep cycle batteries, how long you can operate above the power your panels provide is dependent on how large of a battery bank you have and how charged it is. Also remember that the process of charging and discharging a battery has an efficiency so some power is lost by storing it.

When using a grid tie operation it is useful to find out the average amount of sunlight that reaches your area. This is measured in kilowatt-hours per day per square meter. You multiply your panel efficiency by that number and then multiply it by the area of your panels. That gives you the kilowatt hours that you'll generate per day before loss during inversion.
>>
>>52251587
What about Sun's incidence? For example a clear day in the Arctic vs a clear day at the equator?
>>
>>52251131
lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.