They work pretty well. Cortana is great desu. Voice recognition and features are missing though.
You tell me that cortana can sing premade songs for me but you say it like it can do so much more than that. Cortana can't even shut down my PC for me. I'd love to say cortana put the computer to sleep in 45 minutes. Cortana open up dying light for me. Cortana Skype call Jeremy please.
You get the picture. They need to have a linguist go in and teach the developers how people talk and want to interact with cortana.
>>52247516 I didn't really compare the two. I abstain from Apple products because I don't believe in locked ecosystems the way they go about their products. I simply gave my two centerinos on cortana voice assistant.
>>52247755 How does this complicate a basic function? I can't set my computer to turn off in 45 minutes without setting it to turn off every 45 inactive minutes. If I'm busy assembling a chair or across the room and I yell for cortana to give Jeremy a call for some help or just to expedite things, how is this not a useful, completely optional an unobtrusive feature?
>>52247702 Okay fucking hell just tell me what's great about cortana. I don't even use apple devices. I have it on my phone and desu it can't do much at all. Don't understand why you would avoid apple but use Microsoft instead
>>52248306 It's just convenient, anon. It's there when you want to use it and not there when you don't want it. If you're afraid of the botnet then disconnect yourself from the internet period point blank. It's all botnet. All of it.
Cortana is just convenient for certain tasks. It provides testing grounds for future AI that is more functional and useful. Soon well be able to hook up our keurigs and ask cortana to make you some coffee while you finish up your work or speak it to your phone as you wake up in the morning.
Nobody said siri or cortana were completed projects. Why are you so hostile to growing technology? Do you even use Linux or have you accepted the botnet?
>>52248763 Dunno. It can create timers, reminders, set events, pretty sure it can email email, open programs, search Google, search PC for files, bring up weather. I'm pretty sure it can bring back stock information using the windows stock app. It might be able to send emails. Might even be able to start Skype calls and shit since Skype is a part of windows. It functions in more than English and I'm sure it can translate using Bing.
There's a ton of features i dont know about. I mainly have her tell me jokes and open programs while I'm away from my desk.
>>52248357 >it's not done yet negro how long has siri been out? user patience isn't something that endures for fucking years like this.
every time i try to use voice commands for anything more complicated than "set a timer for N minutes" i find it fucking trips over itself and i need to fix it. i'm not even sure if i would say that it shortens the amount of work that i have to do (like doing 80% of the work and leaving me with 20% to finish). A lot of these voice systems are around 4 years old, built on technology that's decades old. that's completely unsatisfactory.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the post's information.