[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>how to remap capslock to backspace on windows Step 1: Google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: windows_sucks_by_webrodent.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
windows_sucks_by_webrodent.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>how to remap capslock to backspace on windows
Step 1: Google
Step 2: Find some currymuncher's tutorial
Step 1: Run regedit. On most Windows machines, this can easily be accessed by pressing Win+R (especially in Windows 7 where "Run" is not an immediately available option in the start menu) and typing "regedit" in the box.

Step 2: Double-click on the following folders in order...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control

......and then click once on Keyboard Layout. (Layout, not Layouts. Very important.)

Step 3: This is the value you will be adding. If there is an item already here called "Scancode Map", right-click it and modify it. If not, right-click and add a new binary value and call it "Scancode Map".

Enter this value exactly as it appears here. Regedit will automatically space the values as needed.

0000000000000000030000000e003a003a000e0000000000

Step 4: Close Regedit and restart your computer.

Step 3: Possibly break computer because you're editing the registry according to some curry muncher

>remap capslock to backspace on linux
google: remap keys xorg

man xmodmap
vim ~/.Xmodmap

"remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = BackSpace"

restart xorg

>pic unrelated, but windows users will grasp at straws because i google image'd windows sucks and got deviantart
>>
>>52245503
Buy a keyboard which already has backspace you autistic fucking retard.
>>
>>52245788
>implying the current backspace position at the top right is in any way efficient for correcting errors
>>
>>52245503
I'm actually going to try this to see if it would be ass practical as I think it would be
>>
use autohotkey like a normal person
>>
>>52245883
>not using delete key to correct kekorrs
>>
>>52246060
>he has to install a third party closed source program to remap his keys

>>52246042
I don't normally type with homerow (three finger h&p at 130wpm op) but I'm trying to learn dvorak so I may as well go maximum efficiency
>>
>>52246964
>>he has to install a third party closed source program to remap his keys

editing your registry and fucking up
vs.
a convenient way to script your keyboard
>>
>>52247311
>being afraid to edit the registry
What are you, some kind of faggot? If you're that scared, export your current registry to a USB if your super paranoid or just your local filesystem. If you manage to massively break something just use Safe Mode to restore it. Not like you actually will break something, unless you start randomly moving keys around or deleting them like some sort of mongoloid.
>>
>>52247329
OP's point was

>Step 3: Possibly break computer because you're editing the registry according to some curry muncher
>>
>he has to use backspace
How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
just pry the keys up with a knife and switch them retard
>>
>>52248637
Underrated post
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.