[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Lollipop have to fuck up SD cards? Will it be like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-01-04-23-39-57.png (408KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-04-23-39-57.png
408KB, 1080x1920px
Why did Lollipop have to fuck up SD cards?
Will it be like this in Marshmallow?

Also Android version fucks ups (or something like that) discussions
>>
works for me
>>
>>52244897
What app is that?
>>
>>52244955
Shuttle (+)
You have to buy it , but its worth it , best music player IMO
>>
Didn't lolipop defuck the cards from kitkat?
>>
>>52244897
Enterprise Earth is better but I wish Aaron would play in one last song with Dan, I miss the combination of Dan's voice and how Aaron could play the drums also since 4.4.2 and above A SDCards formatted in FAT32 have issues, EXT4 is completely compatible though
>>
>>52245176
Not completely
>>
>>52244897
Blame NSA(they did selinux).
>>
Fuck up them how?

Please explain for someone that has never heard about this. I've got an SD card in my Z5 and it works fine.
>>
>>52245225
Each manufacture can change the permissions for a system. Developers of Android in the XDA community can do it also, it doesn't affect most devices but it usually affects early Lollipop devices and low end phones due to the lack of knowledge or manufactor not caring.
>>
>>52245259
I still don't understand. Do they lock down the SD cards and make the phone run a check each time it's accessed?
>>
>>52245298
No, if the phone does not take ownership of the file then it will refuse to do anything but read it from what I understand, it's suppose to be a security measure set in place, it can keep third party applications from misusing permissions to steal data but at the cost of limiting the user
>>
>>52245298
http://m.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes#content
http://m.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-changes-way-your-sd-card-works-kind-youll
But it is claimed the in 6.0 the sdcard is considered part of the device giving full write permission
>>
>>52244897
My SD card works just fine...LG V10
>>
>>52244897
Awwh shit, I had just gotten done backing up all my shit to the cloud so I could upgrade from kit kat.
What else is wrong with lollipop? I thought they had fixed it since they're already working on 6.0
>>
>>52245398
>But it is claimed the in 6.0 the sdcard is considered part of the device giving full write permission
t-that's what they said about lolipop...
>>
>>52245948
I'm aware But it doesn't affect me if it is fixed since my microSD is ext4
>>
i jumped from 2.3.6 to 5.1.1 and didn't even notice any difference with regards to how the sd card is handled

did 4.x do something different? i never used it
>>
File: 1451233256302.jpg (9KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1451233256302.jpg
9KB, 290x290px
>Linux
>>
>>52246047
How are you liking it so far?
Any problems?
>>
>>52246161
>How are you liking it so far?
it's nice, specifically i'm using CM12.1 nightlies on a GS4 Intl (i9505)
>Any problems?
none at all

i didn't use the stock rom at all, i got the phone second hand maybe half a year ago, and installed CM immediately, so i couldn't tell you if the stock rom had any oddities/problems
>>
>>52246056
>niggers
>>
>>52246222
The developer may have incorporated the fix since it is custom
>>
>>52246439
what was the problem?

i've heard people have had trouble with sd's but nobody says what
>>
>>52246457
>>52245398
That post links to the issue and reasons for it, it's due to the sd card format that is used commonly is FAT32 which doesn't support permissions, 4.4 and above won't write to sd card unless it owns one the folder or file on the sdcard
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.