[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, how should I go about cleaning mouse urine and roach casings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 6508-mouse.jpg (75KB, 950x841px) Image search: [Google]
6508-mouse.jpg
75KB, 950x841px
/g/, how should I go about cleaning mouse urine and roach casings from a computer?

I live in a house that's currently infested with both mice and roaches (tfw poor as fuck) and the PC was a gift from a friend, and I opened it up just now and was horrified at what I saw.

I know what to do so I don't carry roaches/mice over to my next place, but I don't know how to get rid of the residual pest gunk.
>>
>>52239281
does it work?
>>
post pictures
>>
>>52239333
Yup, currently using it.

Doesn't seem like anything's on the board, but the bottom of the case and top of the power supply (since the PSU is mounted on the bottom) look like an absolute nightmare.
>>
pics
>>
>>52239366
I'm too horrified to open it up again right now.
>>
>>52239281
>I live in a house that's currently infested with both mice and roaches
I wouldn't care so much about the fucking computer

How can you eat/sleep there?
>>
>>52239825
Necessity, mostly.

It's one step above being out on the streets.
>>
>>52239281
That's some extreme living conditions you got there, even homeless have better living conditions tbqh... get one of those poison cans, for insects, that you push the button and it automatically releases all the poison over a minute time.

Open the case, leave the can near the PC (I would try putting the can directly inside the case but I can't guarantee the poison won't damage the hardware), push the button and get out of the room, close the door and wait for a few hours (4-6 is enough), then open the window to let the remaining poison go away.

This should kill 90% of the parasites that are most likely living in your PC.

After this, get an air compressor or a strong pump and bring the PC outside (I recommend far from the house if possible), then clean it throughly in every corner, just don't push too much air on the GPU otherwise the pressure might damage it. Use a plastic fiber brush to dust it off while blowing it with a pump or compressor at the same time.

Still, if I were you I'd just get a new PC, there's no way to 100% clean a PC case in those conditions.
>>
>>52240058
Yeah. It used to not be this bad at all (like this infestation is only a recent thing, because my brother moved back in and is a complete and utter pig, so he left food and whatnot everywhere and would ruin whatever cleaning we did)

What I was planning on doing to kill everything was get a clear garbage bag (or one of those clear bags that comforters come in) and placing my PC/monitor and a bug bomb in it and just leaving it for like 2 weeks and use my (thankfully not-infested due to having super small holes and keeping it in my backpack 24/7) chromebook for the time being.

If I could get a new PC, I would tbqh. But at most all I can do is attempt to de-roach it.

Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>52239850
Out of interest, which cunt?
>>
>>52240225
Canada, eh.
>>
>>52240198
>placing my PC/monitor and a bug bomb in it and just leaving it for like 2 weeks

That's actually a good idea, go for it! though 2 weeks is a bit long, if you leave the dead parasites inside then other parasites will feed on them and multiplicate.
>>
>>52240269
Sorry m8

Good luck on improving your living conditions soon. Other than that I have so useful advice sorry
>>
>>52240313
That's true, but I'd be making sure everything is 100% sealed.

I just wanna make sure all the baby roaches are dead before risking taking it out.

>>52240342
Thanks, anon. I usually spend my weekends at my girlfriends so at least I have some way out occasionally, but of course I can't bring my desktop because A) that shit's heavy and B) I'm not roaching up her place.
>>
>>52239850

You know the drill but I'll still drill it in.

Don't leave food exposed/laying around. Get ziplock bags they're cheap. Put all your food in them and then store them in a plastic container, get rid of all garbage daily do dishes daily.

Get rid of all cardboard. No boxes of any kind. Cereal boxes are a big no no, once you buy something toss the box keep the food in plastic.

Get a cheap peanut butter and a bunch of old fashioned victor traps, they work amazing.

If you can afford it buy some commercial roach products on Amazon there's a good one for about $20 they will dissapear.

As far as cleaning the pc its simple. Pull all components out, rag with water and dawn, clean once. New rag fresh water different detergent clean again, dry clean components with a brush get most of the nasty shit out, get a can of compressed air and clean it. Put the stuff back in, you're done.
>>
>>52240512
I'm going to sound like an absolute dumbfuck here, but shouldn't I be super careful about putting water or soap anywhere near my components?

Wouldn't it be better to use alcohol?
>>
Rats and roaches appear because you live in a shit heap, not because you're poor. Poor people are lazy and leave shit lying around that attracts roaches and rats.

Learn to use a vacuum and bleach.
>>
>>52240579

Components aren't as fragile as some would have you believe and I was talking about cleaning the case with soap and water not the components themselves those you can just dry brush with a soft bristle brush.

I maintained a vending machine that was for all intents and purposes in the woods and rats and mice routinely lived there and used it as a loo.

When I refurbished them I'd take them completely apart and clean everything with water and soap except for the electronic components which I just brushed. It will be fine just use common sense.

The fogger bombs are not a good idea for a simple reason, they're over used and not effective bugs are immune to that shit anymore you'll be waisting money, time and poisoning yourself by skin absorption.
>>
>>52240624
Been doing that constantly. I'll admit I leave towels and clothes and closed water bottles and shit around because I'm forgetful, but I try to make sure everything's as clean as possible.
>>
>>52240698
I used one a while back and it killed off roaches for a while, but of course since they multiplied so fast and came in through different entrance routes, they ended up coming back.

I think a fogger might be able to do the job, and I'd be using gloves to handle anything hit by poison, since I'm quite fond of being alive.

But yeah, that makes sense. I don't think that there are any urine or feces (at least of the mouse variety) on any of my components besides my PSU, so I might be good for just blasting those with compressed air.

My case probably needs to be bathed in acid (or soap + water) though.
>>
>>52242073
>priorities
>>
I posted a photo, but I've deemed it too disgusting even by my own standards so I deleted it, welp.

Once I move, I'm dumping this case and power supply in bleach.
>>
>>52242183
Dumping the PSU in bleach may kill it.
You may risk damaging your other components or starting a fire.
If you absolutely cant clean it with dry methods, unplug it, wait 2 days, and open it up while wearing gloves. Then clean the case of it in whatever but keep the electronics dry.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.