[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag here, how does /g/ budget their shekels??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: Budgeting.jpg (24KB, 424x281px) Image search: [Google]
Budgeting.jpg
24KB, 424x281px
Poorfag here, how does /g/ budget their shekels??
>>
>>52237761
every dollar
>>
>>52237761
>>>/biz/
>>
Use your fingers to push the keys of your calculator instead of your fountain pen and you should be fine.
>>
Not.
I receive some money at the end of the month, waste about 3/4 of this on stuff I don't need and then I live on bread + water for the rest of the month.
>>
Destroy every major department store card
Never use credit
Get a Visa for emergencies (health)
Don't end up living a life that you can't pay
Save save save
>>
I just spend roughly the same amount every week and hope I have enough for bills and don't get my debit card declined.
I make decent money and don't have any bad habits.
I could probably change my life drastically if I set a budget for myself and didn't eat out all the time.
>>
>>52237761
Don't have money? don't buy it.
>>
Invest in education. A good ranked MBA should increase your income
>>
Set long term investment goals for example I plan on investing $300 into my system. I've done my research and I know what I want. I'm gonna set a little aside each month and thanks to email notifications I can snatch up any items if they go on discount

Don't impluse buy
Don't let "want" purchases come out of your "need" funds

I'm doing it wrong aren't I?
>>
>>52237761
I spend less money then I make. End
>>
For Canada, save money, depositing all savings into a tfsa(tax free saving account) if you can Max out the now reduced 5.5k (fuck the liberals) a year deposit limit, don't lock in gic beyond 2year as interest rates are low af and its a bit risky. I got a 2 year gic on about 15k rn within my tfsa. Keep going to Max out that annual rate as a goal as its fairly easy, even with only a part time given I got scholarships and a bit from parents for my education costs. Aiming for a deposit on a house when I get out.

Job pays ~18/h, working as an instructor+Lifeguard and been working as soon as I turned 16.
>>
>>52237829
>Never use credit
Why not?
>>
>>52237829
>implying all credit is bad
>>
>>52238118
It's a trap
>>
>>52238118
If you can't take the money directly out of your account and pay for it up front you can't afford it, credit should be used for emergencies only
>>
>>52238198
What about a house?
>>
>>52238209
If you can't pay at least half of it up front, don't go for it
>>
>>52238209
>What are monthly payments
>>
>>52238239
Far less than I make around 30% debt to income
>>
>>52238198

What about how I use my card:
Use it for every single thing I do, pay it off every month back down to $0, collect ~$250 a year in rewards cash?
>>
>>52238259
Quit buying shit you don't NEED, if you absolutely need it (food housing transportation etc.) then absolutely buy it they are needs, if you dont, don't buy it unless you have the excess cash to afford it, pay your bills and for necessities first then save the rest or spend a portion of it(you need some savings for emergencies), understand what living within your means is
>>
>>52238198
>>52237829
Children who need paper to manage their money.
>>
>>52238149
>its a trap

sure if you cant control your spending habit

i would never use the credit card if i cant pay for it. so credit card is great for people with self control.

I use credit card for all my purchase and pay it off in full when bill comes. You get all benefits of a credit that way. Extended Warranty on purchases, Cashback (i probably got back about $500 in lifetime from spending).

only an idiot will tell you to use your debit card for everything which offers little to no fraud protection. Your debit card links directly to your bank account while credit card does not.
>>
I'm using "you need a budget"
Put all the things I need to pay into there, put some away for emergencies/savings and spend what's left on dragon dildos.
>>
>>52238285
If you have the money in your account to back it up then yeah that's fine just don't use money you don't have
>>52238324
Who said anything about paper
>>
I steal wifi from my neighbors
I take free phones when my friends or relatives upgrade theirs
I unplug any appliance I'm not using
I shower with cold water when in hot weather
I cook everything I eat, never buy anything prepared
I look for the best prices on everything, especially produce
I commute by bicycle

Honestly I prefer being poor and working next to nothing, than having money and having to work a lot.

>le underachiever maymay
>>
>>52237761
I don't, I'm not poor.
Smart people have well paid jobs.

So you're stupid.
I'm not.
>>
>>52238345
oh it appears they no longer have a standalone program, but it's a website subscription now.
So ignore that, don't give someone else your financial data.
>>
>>52238376
Yeah, unfortunately. And apparently changed a lot of how things work.

I like the standalone program. I'd love to write my own version of it sometime.
>>
>>52238347
not the same guy, but I was told not to spend money that I don't have, even way before I have a credit card.
>>
>>52238364
i hope you are not the guy who goes into store and pulls out a bunch of coupons
>>
>>52238364
Sounds truly terrible.
Like Legitimately terrible.

Why not work a real job and apply your Ethiopian lifestyle so you can at least save decent money?
>>
>>52237761
>is there money in my bank account?
>yes - good
>no - fuck
>>
>>52238374
Spotted the cuckservative
>>
File: ynab-logo[1].jpg (9KB, 250x151px) Image search: [Google]
ynab-logo[1].jpg
9KB, 250x151px
>>52238345
>you need a budget
I have a standalone version that I bought on Steam a while back, and it's fucking awesome. It really helped me to visualize my spending habits and such and made me realize problems I was having in terms of budgeting. I don't use all of the features, but it's still very valuable.
>>
>>52237761
>how does /g/ budget their shekels?
I don't, I just blow it all on tech and travelling.

Fucks given: 0.
>>
>>52237791
"Your bank balance is like gas in the tank, every-once in a while, you should look at whats left. But a life well lived is not one taken doing tours of gas stations routes"

Fuck yeah, by those pointless items goyim
>>
>>52238364
Living the dream, but should have higher goals too. Like having a high rank job on a small quite village
>>
>>52237761
By not being poor.

More income is the key to wealth, not penny pinching.

Do you really think people get rich by buying toilet paper and their own personal goods at $0.50/roll instead of $1.25?
>>
>>52238807
With more income, retards have their living expenses rise if they're not careful and go in with no idea of a budget. A budget isn't about penny pinching. It's about knowing how much you spend, and how much you can put into savings or invest.
>>
>>52238828
I know a budget is important, but half of this thread is going to devolve into 'how to be an ultrajew', missing the opportunity cost of spending money. i.e. a salesman in a cheap suit is going to make less than a well-dressed one.
>>
How the fuck do you even get a job?

I've applied for three no skill jobs in the last week and have heard nothing back. I applied online, am I supposed to do the whole walk in talk to the manager thing? Do I call them?
>>
>>52238911
A good suit is something you would budget for.
>>
>>52238950
>I applied online
The first thing they do is filter out online applicants.
>>
>>52238911
That's true. It's easy to fall to extremes when talking about budgeting online. I just see so many people complain about making 80k+ a year and "wondering" why they're still living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>52238950
my first job, I walked into the store and ask for the job application
>>
>>52238487
No, the whole coupon thing doesn't really exist where I live
>>52238562
>>52238762
I'm too lazy
>>
>>52240162
thats great. those coupons are just a waste of extra resources
>>
>>52238040
Yes. Get a new motherboard (even if you don't need one), the most expensive Intel processor you can find and as many GTX Titans as you can fit in your case. That's budgeting done right.
>>
>>52238472
If only someone told our bankers and politicians the same thing.
>>
>>52237761
I have sex with woman for shekels
>>
>>52238364
GET A JAAAB WHIPPERSNAPPER
>>
>>52237761
>DONT BUY USELESS SHIT

Gee, that was fucking hard huh?
>>
>>52241878
This
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.