[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn web development. Im a computer science student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: web dev.jpg (11KB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
web dev.jpg
11KB, 320x223px
I want to learn web development. Im a computer science student and I have knowledge of Python, Java, C, C++ and so on but I have never touched web development before and now I want to learn it.

What languages should I learn?
WHERE do I find good learning resources?

So far im thinking about
>html
>css
>JS
>Python and some framework
in that order. I'll give it a week.
>>
>>52232524
literally took me 30min to learn html
>>
>>52232524
> Youtube :-> Devtips
Look at the basics and try to copy some sites using open source libraries (see github?)
and frameworks like bootstrap or foundation, etc.
If you want to be hireable try learning the grunt and gulp build systems alongside bower (just google this stuff), and when you (think) you
go a grip on all this stuff try YO, aka. Yeoman out and learn different build environments / frameworks.

TL:DR: Build something, you lazy fag.
>>
learn javascript well and then get used to a good framework. the knowledge that you'll learn will be really useful
>>
>>52232933
>html
>learn
learn what?
learn why?

just decide to do whatever you want to do in it and use google how to do whatever you need to do. ez
>>
>>52232524
Javascript is Java without objects and int/string/float etc
>>
>>52232933
It's a markup language. What the fuck is there to learn?
>>
>>52234977
... how to write it?
>>
>>52232933
the bulk of webdeving isn't in learning markup, it's the server side program's job to generate html
>>
All you really need is knowledge of HTML, and to learn CSS and AngularJS 2. You're pretty much good after that.
>>
>>52232524
use java for backend (look at spring mvc)
it doesn't take long to learn HTML, it's just like XML which you should be somewhat familiar with if you've used java before

>python
faggot

>ruby on rails
hipster

>php
indian

>java
employed
>>
>>52235178
>java
>not indian
lmao
>>
>>52232524
Which language are you most comfortable with? Since you know Python, Django or Flask are cool frameworks checking out. If you feel you're more comfortable working Java, check out the Play framework.
>>
>>52232524
C#. MVC RAZOR.
If you are homosexual try with
Ruby on Rails of python
If you are an autistic retarded use PHP
>>
>>52235123
>AngularJS
>NodeJS
>jquery
>and 5000 more JS variants
Which one of those should i focus on???

>>52235483
I was thinking about going with Flask but I really havent done any comparisons yet
>>
>>52235751
Flask is pretty lightweight so it's not as opinionated as the other frameworks.

Django and Play are both fully fledged MVC frameworks so once you do learn how to use one of those you can apply what you've learned with other frameworks such as ASP.NET and Rails.
>>
>>52233424
>TL:DR: Build something, you lazy fag.

This.

If you really do know python, then working with Flask of Django should be cake. Learn JS too just to have more tools at your disposal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.