[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I whored out, /g/. I've always been a privacy aficionado.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I whored out, /g/.
I've always been a privacy aficionado. I have a self hosted ownCloud, I use runbox email, and 99% of the apps I'm using on my phone, and the programs on my PC are FLOSS.

All this has to come to an end. I currently can't afford to maintain the server and I need a set of application and services that flawlessly work together with virtually 0 menagement time.
I know nothing of proprietary "botnet" services, so here's my list, and you tell me if there's a better alternative:

>e-mail
Gmail
>Cloud Storage
Drive
>ToDo List
Wunderlist (is Google Task any good? What about Remember The Milk?)
>Browser
Chrome (once I whore out all other services I don't see any reason to use Firefox, since the portable app is shit, and I need bookmarks synced between devices)
>Music
Spotify
>Password Manager
I will keep using Keepass because there is no reason to use any private (therefore less secure) password manager
>Finance
YNAB (can't use Mint, since I don't live in the US)

I feel ashamed. But I really have few money and few time.
>>
You're p much goochi my Nigga

Google Keep is a super simple To-do list if you want to keep everything Google for simplicity

I wouldn't recommend Google Play Music over Spotify though.
>>
> Afford to maintain the server
What? In terms of electricity? In terms of the time spent updating it every now and then?
Where's your costs for having a server if the hardware is bought?
>>
>>52227813
Ever since today I used a Linode server.
For self hosting proposes I don't have the money to buy the proper hardware, I don't have a public IP, I have less then 1MB upload, and I don't have the time to update everything, keep up with the new features, and keep an eye on security.
>>
>>52227544
Why Google Music over Spotify? I can't think of a single reason since Spotify has a bigger library.
>>
For email I'd recommend getting your own domain + zoho.
If you ever want to switch back to Runbox or anywhere else you only have to change your dns records.
>>
>>52228868
The domain is the only thing I will keep.
Why would you recommend zoho over gmail?
>>
>>52228302
He said would not recommended anon
>>
what a little slut.

you get no sympathy from me.
>>
>>52229247
I had to. I really have no more money or time to spare on privacy and freedom ideals.
>>
>>52230241
doesn't matter to me, hope you enjoy the grave you made yourself.
>>
>>52227154
>email
cock.li or a trusted friend's server (irc bros best bros)

>cloud storage
mega.nz fampai

>todo list
cmon

>browser
dear lord this is bait

>music
uhm

>finance
i just use a spreadsheet, but whatever works 4 u
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.