[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I cancel my cable tv, phone, and internet and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1449176527862.jpg (207KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449176527862.jpg
207KB, 800x1200px
Let's say I cancel my cable tv, phone, and internet and just rely on stealing wi-fi and internet from teh library. Will I be able to live a normal life? I can't afford to be paying $texas for these non-essentials until the government starts giving them to me for free.

How do I explain to people that they'll have to contact me via email and I may not respond to them because I have no internet or phone? How will I make plans with pretty grillz?
>>
>non-essentials
what is this
early 90's?
>>
>>52217044

Do you not get terrestrial TV in America?

Here in the UK we have Freeview terrestrial TV, which is free, has all the main channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4), and like 100 more channels.
>>
>>52217044

>Will I be able to live a normal life?
>How do I explain to people
>How will I make plans
>non-essentials
Doesn't sound so non-essential to me anon.

What is your life situation and why can't you get a job? (I hate to jump to conclusions because there's possibly a very good reason, but I'd like to know what it is if you feel like telling.)
>>
>>52217044
you can get no contract phone plans for $30/mo with no overage charges with tmobile / cricket / straighttalk / freedompoop there are like a million options

get a job
>>
>>52217044
Get a fucking go-phone with pre-paid cards -> spend $10 a month on a cell phone.

Or you know, get a fucking job.
>>
>>52218287
>UK
>Freeview terrestrial TV
Except you don't. You have to pay the TV fee or whatever it is called.
>>
>>52219944
so over $360 a year for a phone? It should be free.

>>52221013
I have an iphone 4, i just hate paying bills on it and its a piece of shit
>>
>>52221281
My phone costed $11 at target and it has a full keyboard.
>>
I steal wifi from two neighbors. I'm cautious not to download heavy stuff during daytime, and I leave my PC torrenting during the night with no problems. When one of the signals dies for whatever reason, I have the other one as a backup until the nicer one comes back up.

Learn to crack wifi signals, it's easy.
>>
>>52221348
Ive seen phones like that and they're trash. At least my iphone could be used as an ipod
>>
>>52221465
No, you the poor, ungrateful, unemployed motherfucker who insists that he must have access to these technologies for free from the government, sir, you are trash.
>>
>>52217044
>nips
>bottomless
FUCKABLE
>>
Yes. I do. I use laundromat, bookstore, or uni WiFi because I refuse to give money to cuckcast, and I don't have TV cause I don't watch it. Been living like this for 6 years now.
>>
>>52221463
This. Cracking a wifi signal is often as easy as using a Beini (or some other netsec distro) LiveCD, Google it up. I've lived on two neighbors' Wi-Fi signals for about 3 years now.
>>
Of course, but it would stink.

I could live with just internet.
>>
>>52223113
how far away can you be?
>>
i have 'free internet' and i never use it

nothing is worth paying for anymore

the internet isn't even worth using anymore
>>
>>52223364
true, but how else will i contact sluts?
>>
>>52223549
You don't, because you're broke as fuck.
>>
>>52223113
But what if they find out and block your mac address?
I'm sure you can spoof/change the mac address.
They can also only allow/white-list their own devices for use.

Then again the average household only locks wifi.
Sometimes even leaving the admin login unchanged.

Can they ever find or pinpoint your device if something ever were to happen?
>>
File: tumblr_n1h90hv3fN1qc8jh0o1_500.gif (980KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1h90hv3fN1qc8jh0o1_500.gif
980KB, 500x375px
>>52223364
Yet here you are, posting on the unwiped butthole of the internet...
>>
>>52223589
but muh dick
>>
>>52217044
Try not being poor
>>
>>52218287
>>52221057
They have to have a license to own a TV. If they don't pay they have warrantless home inspections and can face prison time if they don't keep up to date. They get arrested for this shit all the time.
>>
File: 1451191325202.jpg (86KB, 640x766px) Image search: [Google]
1451191325202.jpg
86KB, 640x766px
>>52221281
Typical Sandersfag burnout. You want everything for free while you refuse to get a job and shit post all day on line and complain about being oppressed.
>>
>>52221057
>You have to pay the TV fee or whatever it is called.

Only for the BBC.

Australia is the best model, over a dozen Free to Air digital tv channels, including 5 amazing Government funded channels (ABC1/2/3 and SBS1/2).
All free, most of them in HD.

Old man Rupert is still trying to push his subscription TV model, but I'll be fucked if I ever pay for Foxtel and all their bullshit.
>>
File: 1446940091133.jpg (8KB, 184x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446940091133.jpg
8KB, 184x240px
>>52224994
But then we get TV without capitalist adverts every 15 mins
>>
>>52217044
how do you know about $texas...
>>
>>52221505
>pretending to be a baby boomer is fun!

why tho?
>>
>>52225036
>most of them in HD
HAH!

We get three channels which show a high amount of HD content: SBS-HD, ONE and 9HD.
The rest are SD or mostly SD content on a HD channel.

NOTE: This is set to change by the start of ratings season, with the ABC and Seven announcing the upcoming launch of their HD services.
>>
>>52224994
Nope, you have to have a licence to watch/record tv as it is broadcasted on any device. Replays can be watched without license through shit like bbc iplayer. You can have tv and use it only for consoles, they only can fine you if they have proof that you watched tv programme as it was broadcasted. Just close the curtains abd they can't do shit. And 'warrantless home inspections' are unlawful in uk, so unless they have it AND are accompanied by a police officer they may enter your home. Otherwise, you can just tell them to fuck off or just fill in the 'I don't need tv license' form.

For proof, search youtube for tv license
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.