[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I am shopping for earphones. I'm looking for decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: pistons_or_koss.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pistons_or_koss.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
/g/ I am shopping for earphones.
I'm looking for decent build quality and good sound.

Currently deciding between Xiaomi Pistons:
http://www.amazon.ca/Original-Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HUNUOJW

And these Koss earbuds:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/koss-koss-in-ear-headphones-kdx100-black-silver-165622/10201748.aspx?path=a5826f6ae819a5abb258e52cd0f012c2en02

Which ones are better, and are those Pistons real?
>>
Just get soundmagic e10s. Those pistons do look legit though.
>>
Don't buy pistons from Amazon. Loads of fakes on there. Rather buy from xiaomiworld.com, www.xiaomishop.com, geekbuying.com or pandawill.com
>>
Findthebest.com
>>
File: IMG_20150116_124922.jpg (1008KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150116_124922.jpg
1008KB, 3264x2448px
I got yesterday my pistons, they are perfect
>>
>>46117105
I bought my pistons from merimobiles. Took over a month to get here. Never buying from them again.
>>
>>46118760

Always use DHL shipping
>>
>>46117105
you can literally send koss any pair of their headphones broken as shit in a box with six dollars and get a brand new pair within a week and a half, Koss
>>
>>46118003
This. Bought mine from xiaomiworld for not even 20$ w/shipping, good stuff.
>>
Jumping in this thread....

I have Bose soundtrue IE phones and I love 'em. Unfortunately the clothing clip pulled off and was lost a while ago. Any /g/ recommendations for third party headphone clothing clips?
>>
File: 31n1sYCzCwL._SX425_.jpg (11KB, 425x292px) Image search: [Google]
31n1sYCzCwL._SX425_.jpg
11KB, 425x292px
I have pistons and I don't think they are as good as people say they are. Try Astrotec AM-800. They look and sound better and are about the same price
>>
>>46119814
>Astrotec AM-800
Haven't used those but the AM-90s are fucking outstanding.
>>
Monoprice 9927 for extra poorfag tier.
>>
But are any of those better than Philips SHE3590?
>>
>>46118842
It WAS fucking DHL that shipped it to my doors. The fucker who left the package taped it on to my apartment door. Shit could've been stolen.
>>
>>46119113

Is that their replacement/repair policy?
>>
>>46120930

Just Googled it, found this:

koss.com/en/support/warranty_and_repair

Is registration mandatory?
I'm thinking of buying used broken pairs and sending in.
>>
>>46120133

kek

There's a bunch of recommended IEMs from the head-fi Chinese thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs
>>
Getting pistons from pandawill.com soon.
Right now Im on a hunt for Galaxy S I9000 with the fucking Wolfson DAC.Im still using dumbphone so Galaxy for 50 bucks with voodoo+poweramp or neutron and pistons should do me gud.
>>
>every modern Samsung and LG smartphones - even the low end ones you can find brand new off contract for under $100 - come with Wolfson DACs nowadays (the WCD98xx chip as part of the Snapdragon chipset on those devices)

I have a Samsung Captivate I just got at a pawn shop for $5 - they said it was dead and didn't work, got it home, plugged it in for 15 mins, bing bang boom no issues at all, installed SlimKat on it and now running CM11 without issues and jamming to Opus audio files using GoneMAD over the Wolfson DAC.

Life is good sometimes...
>>
>>46121654

Didn't know that. Those devices have bad battery life though.
>>
>>46121849
i dont think that device will have an issue with a fresh battery and airplane mode on.
>>
how to tell if they are fake or not? the ones I got off amazon say 100% original and have good reviews /eurofag reporting in
>inb4 google
>>
>>46122259

Did the box smell like chocolate?
>>
>>46122305
I'll know tomorrow. What else?
>>
>>46121654
>every modern Samsung and LG smartphones - even the low end ones you can find brand new off contract for under $100 - come with Wolfson DACs nowadays
Just no.

Only Exynos devices and Tegra 2 have Wolfson end of story.Everything else has Teaxas instruments audio chip.
Samsung Captivate is Galaxy S.you did gud
>>
>>46122657
Texas instruments*
>>
>>46122338
You'll know if they are fake if they sound like absolute shit. I got a fake pair from amazon, and it was the worst sounding piece of shit I can think of. Thankfully, amazon is awesome when it comes to returning stuff
>>
File: e30por.jpg (70KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
e30por.jpg
70KB, 600x306px
Soundmagic e30 bby
>>
>>46122338
also see this(scroll down)
>http://www.pandawill.com/original-xiaomi-brand-new-version-inear-earphone-35mm-stereo-earphone-with-mic-control-talk-p84667.html
>>
I got pistons, not too impressed with them.

yes, i made sure i got real ones
>>
How do the soundmagic e10s compare to the pistons?
I have the pistons but they they inevitably die, I want to know if I should just buy the soundmagics or solder a new jack.
>>
>>46122305
As swiss, I must firmly protest that the scent of these could be confused for chocolate!

It's *maybe* marginally like chocolate milk from some scent notes - but for the most part, it's not even that.

That said, they're quite decent IEM for the price.

Though I also do often mention in these threads that I feel the KZ-DT3 or even the ED3 sound better, I don't also regret buying the Xiaomis.
>>
Hey /g/ is there anywhere that sells Klipsch IEM silicone tips and doesn't charge out the ass for either them or shipping? Can't find them on the usual chinese sites and ebay/amazon charge like $10-20 to ship em.
>>
>>46125438
I wouldn't expect most US brands to be on Chinese export market places.

Are you even in the USA? Because if you're not, paying $10-20 to have something shipped from the USA isn't too special...
>>
Huge fan of my Pistons since I bought them a couple of months ago. I have an Android phone as well so I use the in-line mic controls. It comes in handy and sounds very, VERY good. No complaints.
>>
>>46125481
I'm not, and I know.
>>
fucking xiaomi blowin up wow

i hope this continues a trend of chinese companies at least pretending they want to be taken seriously
>>
File: t1jedgbtdt1rxrhcrk.jpg (15KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
t1jedgbtdt1rxrhcrk.jpg
15KB, 430x430px
Anyone try these?
worth it?
I can't shove shit down my ear canal.

http://www.xiaomiworld.com/1-more-design-in-ear-headphones.html#
>>
How are AKG K451's?
They're 60% off on amazon UK right now, may pull the trigger on them.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.