[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Where were you when the "Tox Foundation"...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 4
File: 1419188628160.png (11 KB, 487x592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419188628160.png
11 KB, 487x592
Where were you when the "Tox Foundation" harassed their ex-employee Proplex?

We didn't hear from Tox ever since these threads:
http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S45712832
http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S45720758

Is Tox dead?
>>
>>45810085
Tox dead much before that.

I hope David doesn't get fucked over this.

Destroying his life simply because he decided to leave was really unprofessional from the people in charge.
>>
And I'll repeat my question again, since I'm still unsure after all this time.


To this date I still don't understand: is Tox a very elaborate troll or just what happens when incompetent /g/tards take themselves too seriously?
>>
>>45810085

What the fuck? Proplex left? Why?
>>
>>45810229
He did and the tox team proceeded to badtalk him all around the net (using his real name)
Proplex is fucked right now, just because he decided tox wasn't going anywhere and wanted to use his time for better stuff, so he stopped paying for the servers.
>>
Tox isn't relevant anymore, stop making this threads, nobody uses this shit.
>>
>tox
kek
>>
>>45810085
>>
>harassment of a SJW
>a bad thing

quo vadis /g/?
>>
>>45811766
This guy funded the servers
Kek
>>
>>45811766
You just don't go out there destroying an employee's life because he decided to quit your little project.
> b-but le SJW meme xD
>>
>>45812219

Did they really fucked Proplex that much?
>>
>>45812439
See for yourself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=david+lohle+faggot
>>
>>45812457

> David Lohle is a backstabbing faggot

Holy shit, the Tox Foundation did this only because he didn't want to run their servers any more? Bunch of menchildren, I'll tell you.
>>
>>45812457
nobody who wants to investigate him is going to search David Lohle faggot on google...
>>
>>45812601
they might go through many pages or search something like "david lohle 4chan" to verify if he's really a "4chan member" as listed on other websites.

Even if they search for "david lohle tox" it shows up on the first page.

"david lohle past" and "david lohle past experience" shows it too.
So does "david lohle blog", "david lohle job" and many other search terms.

Stope the damage control and admit already that the Tox Foundation is ruled by menchildren that ruined Proplex's life just because he saw no future on Tox and decided to stop running the servers.
>>
>>45812219
/g/'s obsession with bogeymen is honestly ridiculous.
>>
So what do I use instead of Tox now?

>inb4 Skype
>>
>>45810085
>/g/ shitposters make thread on /g/
>the tox devs are evil!!!
>>
File: Sip-communicator.png (81 KB, 261x605) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sip-communicator.png
81 KB, 261x605
>>45810085
Holy fuck.

All this because he expressed the utterly radical notion that maybe white men have it better than others.

For fuck's sake. Tox has been going downhill ever since that debacle over uTox using 'he' instead of 'they', and now they've kicked out their top developer and contributor...over THIS?!

Time to move to SIP Communicator.
>>
>>45812706
Use a fucking phone
This video calling shit is so dumb
>>
>>45812709
It were the Tox Foundation members that first disclosed that Proplex had left.
A little after, they started talking on IRC how he tried to "kill tox" because he said he wouldn't run the servers any more.
Even if they didn't create those threads (it's highly likely irungentoo created those), they were still the cause for them.
Destroying an employee's life because he lost faith on your little project isn't the way to go, Tox devs. And pretending to be important by creating this foundation bullshit isn't going to save you.
Everybody already sees what manchildren you are, that got butthurt over proplex quitting.
>>
>>45812742

More like retard notion
>>
>>45812706
Try SIP communicator which is also known as Jitsi.

I sure as fuck wouldn't trust Tox anymore after these whining manbaby redpilloids had their hissyfit.
>>
>>45812690
>openly identify as sjw
>go to presentation ran by and for sjws
>think the tech industry is sexist and have tried to crucify those working in it over dongle jokes and shirts
>bogeyman

Okay
>>
this was so good...I dont know what to say anymore, this is just so good! I wish I could've had a thousand more words to explain how great this peace of writing is, but I just cant find any! the way you transformed a simple score match event that we all took for granted into such a masterpiece of a writing is just wonderful! the tension, the description, everything! I would give this piece 1000/100 for score!
>>
Why the fuck did you trust Tox to begin with?

https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/121#issuecomment-35750212

The developers claim Tox is secure just because he uses a secure primitive. That's really arrogant and something only a pretentious scumbag would say.
>>
>>45812746
no! I don't swear THAT much, just things like, slicing arms in half with nothing but bare karate chops, whacking head with a hammer until skull and brain turns into red mushy soup, getting a throat slit with steel cards, cutting tongues with scissors (anyone knows this reverence?), poisoning a person and bathing them with acid afterwards, sawing a person in half with 2 chainsaws, throwing a person bricks until all the persons bones are broken, eating intestines, making eyeball soup with blood, constantly stabbing the insides of a persons mouth with a knife, or skinning a person then throws them into a pool of vinegar and lemon juice extract, etc etc, those yandere stuff ya know...
>>
>>45812773
> ruins employee's life because he wants to quit the project
> it's fine, he was an SJW xD
>>
>>45812805
Ruining lives for differing opinions to their dogma is the purpose of the SJW so yes it is fine. Reap what you sew bitch.
>>
>>45812805
I'm not that anon. I'm replying to your bogeyman statement, as if they don't exist and haven't tried to ruin lives because people disagree with them.

They sent death threats and doxx'd a 12 year old on Twitter for saying that he thought comedy shouldn't be forced into the politically correct.
>>
>>45810085
>implying those threads were made by people associated with Tox
>>
>>45813171
Tox shills are the worst. At least read the thread before posting.

It were the Tox Foundation members that first disclosed that Proplex had left.
A little after, they started talking on IRC how he tried to "kill tox" because he said he wouldn't run the servers any more.
Even if they didn't create those threads (it's highly likely irungentoo created those), they were still the cause for them.
Destroying an employee's life because he lost faith on your little project isn't the way to go, Tox devs. And pretending to be important by creating this foundation bullshit isn't going to save you.
Everybody already sees what manchildren you are, that got butthurt over proplex quitting.
>>
>>45813240
>A little after, they started talking on IRC how he tried to "kill tox" because he said he wouldn't run the servers any more.

logs?
>>
>>45813271
There are 2 situations:

1) Logs of this, prove Tox said certain private things about Proplex and this whole situation on IRC and leave the uncertainty about who made the threads.

2) No logs of this, proves Tox devs who were on par of the situation created the threads, since nobody else knew about it.

In either case, Tox devs are responsible for ruining Proplex's life.
Also, stqism and urras showed up on the threads (with proper tripcodes on) and said nothing to imply Proplex wasn't a "backstabbing faggot", only giving more flames and power to the thread.

In any scenario, Tox devs are manchildren who couldn't deal with Proplex losing faith and wanting to quit. A life was destroyed because of the tox foundation rulers' immaturity.
>>
>>45813350
you say:
>A little after, they started talking on IRC how he tried to "kill tox" because he said he wouldn't run the servers any more.

And then you say there might not be logs of that?

You are full of shit.
>>
>>45813415
I don't have any logs as my client doesn't save them.
What I said was that with or without logs, in both situations Tox devs are proved to be menchildren that fucked Proplex up for tiny things.
>>
>>45813439
>I don't have any logs as my client doesn't save them.

what a very convenient excuse.

Do you have any actual evidence that the Tox devs tried to ruin proplex?
>>
>>45813491
Proplex didn't announce he was leaving, only the Tox devs knew that and, in the end, his life was ruined. They are directly responsible for letting that happen.
>>
>using tox unironically
TOP LEL
>>
>>45813505
So the tox devs have to keep it secret when someone leaves the project?

/g/ shitposters are the ones that overreacted.
>>
http://pastebin.com/GjsXK0cR
>>
>>45815090
>Anonymous 12/27/14(Sat)23:17:53 No.458150

good job posting my chat....
>>
Tox was DOA bitches
>>
>>45815454
You were so mad that tried to click the username and ended up quoting his title. I feel your butthurt newfriend.
>>
>>45815537

wasn't mad. using a laptop...
>>
Why the hell do devs even talk politics in the first place?
I actively avoid conversations that involve politics and religion because of horror stories like this.
>>
So, is there any evidence that anything actually happened?
>>
>allegedly supports anonymity and freedom of speech
>start attacking someone when they do
>uses their personal information in harmful ways
Why did anyone even trust tox to begin with? Now I'm at least 90% sure Tox has and is a honeypot that was already comprised by the NSA
>>
>>45815954
The canary is gone with some stupid message written by the lead developer and the servers recently underwent a massive change of host. If that doesn't spell "NSA invasion", I don't know what does.
>>
File: puffy.png (263 KB, 500x454) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
puffy.png
263 KB, 500x454
>>45816762
link to the commit that changed this?
>>
>>45817004
https://wiki.tox.im/Canary.html
>>
>>45810381

alternative?
>>
>Only decent shit made by /g/
>Everyone bash it and calls it shit

Damn, i dont even like it (im too autist for videocalls and i already use Viber for audio calls) but that shit is the only decently popular software this board has ever done.
I mean, damn even on /b/ they get to get along when they are going to do their so called "raids", here we cant even do that
>>
>>45810085
>because they disagreed with him when he said white male privilege was real

SJW shit has no place here, I'm glad he did. Fuck off now
>>
>>45817833
Akshually, the only decent thing that was produced by /g/ has been TidOS.
>>
>>45816762
There is no legal precedent that warrant canaries work, and if courts had already ruled that they *can* compel people using warrant canaries to perpetuate them under a secret order, you wouldn't necessarily know. And we're talking about a situation where the judge is obviously okay with issuing a gag order with the NSL, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could also compel someone to maintain a false pretense.

The same mechanisms which warrant canaries were invented to warn us of could be used to compel people to keep them up. Warrant canaries are security theater.
>>
>t-tox is not a botnet, i swear
>>
>>45815090
I like how NikolaiToryzin (stqism) can't answer the questions and say "Okay, going now" "I have a life L)"

Tox devs were on the first thread titled "David Lohle is a backstabbing faggot" and so was urras, just check the archive. But he pretends he doesn't know what's going on.
>>
>>45817833
>decent
I take it you never actually tried to use this piece of shit.
>>
I'd like to hear what Proplex has to say about all this.

Why doesn't he shows up and clarify everything?
>>
>>45817939
> ruins employee's life because he wants to quit the project
> it's fine, he was an SJW xD

And that's why nobody considers this "Tox Foundation" to be anything but a joke, ruled by menchildren with no professional capabilities.
>>
>>45818775

I remember those kids self-proclaiming themselves as "Tox Engineers" in the past, even though one of them is a community college drop-out.

At least a reader called them out.

https://blog.libtoxcore.so/243/stf-4-14#comment-117
>>
Tox is kill

https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1186
>>
>>45812746
>run the servers
Wasn't Tox completely p2p, without tracker or other shit?

Or you mean the wiki/webpage/whatever servers?
>>
>>45819382
I mean wiki/webpage/whatever servers.
Proplex thought Tox wasn't worthy to waste time any more and decided to stop hosting that stuff. irungentoo and stqism (the 2 rulers of the tox foundation) considered that "backstabbing" and an attempt to "kill tox".
>>
>>45819453
Thanks for clarifying.

>he stopped giving us money
>backstabbing faggot
gg
>>
>>45812862

No, it's not. That just makes you as bad as the SJWs.
>>
>>45819522
No wonder Proplex quit, he was already afraid of the decisions being made by both irungentoo and stqism before that. https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1186#issuecomment-65015284

That only confirmed his fear.
>>
If an employee does something wrong on a company, you fire him.
You don't post all over the internet how he betrayed the company, backstabbed colleagues and whatnot.
You are destroying his life for no good reason. Proplex will never find a job because the Tox ladies got butthurt.

Tox is unprofessional and will never take off. Not that you should expect anything else from /g/tards, anyway.
>>
>>45819531
Glad I didn't get into their GSoC, if it had "inefficient mentorate"
>>
Tox devs confirmed autistic manchildren
Jesus Christ when will tox shills get off this board? If someone is doing something you don't like on the team you get the consensus to get him off and move on.
>>
>>45819544
I lost faith on Tox after the GSoC.

> henotba and landswellsong put to implement new groupchats
FAIL. irungentoo does it himself after GSoC is over.

> red2 put to work on A/V for Venom, even after the community highlighted how Venom was a stillbirth client
FAIL. Didn't complete his task, and even if he did, Venom was dead a few weeks after, so it wouldn't have mattered.

> vozz put to work on Antox
FAIL. Little work done and Antox was dead a few months after anyway, so it was all in vain.

> notsecure
PARTIAL FAIL. Create uTox but abandons it soon after GSoC is finished after realizing what a joke the Tox Foundation is.

vozz used to complain that the mentors were shit and would only answer really simple questions, not really help with anything. He got more help out of specific android channels on IRC than with the mentors. For fucks sake, stqism was a mentor and he isn't even a programmer. What the hell is wrong with these people to think that would be acceptable?
>>
>>45819572
>stqism was a mentor and he isn't even a programmer
wat
how
why
;_;

> henotba and landswellsong put to implement new groupchats
> FAIL. irungentoo does it himself after GSoC is over.

Was that Tox's fault or the students' fault?

Still, yeah, what a disaster
>>
>>45819592
>Was that Tox's fault or the students' fault?
Both. The students were too slow and discussed stuff more than implemented them. The mentors couldn't deal the situation and put the students on the right direction. Ultimately, irungentoo ditched all their work and started re-creating groupchats after GSoC ended. A complete let-down.
>>
>>45819541
>never find a job because of Tox
You give the ``project'' too much credit.
>>
I still can't believe red2 got the $5500. The fucker didn't do shit for months and came on the last week with a shitty, semi-functional, A/V implementation for Venom.
On the entire summer, during 3 months, he came up with 762 lines of code (counting those of naxuroqa too).
For comparison, the second student that less contributed was henotba and she delivered 13628 lines.

I think stqism and irungentoo let him pass just so it didn't look bad for the Tox Foundation. And to get their money too, of course.
>>
>>45819626
> Employer googles "david lohle past experience" or "david lohle jobs" or "david lohle past" or whatever
> Finds 2 threads an online forum stating he's a backstabbing faggot, both with hundreads of replies.
> Into the trash it goes

This is what's going to happen to poor Proplex, just because of the manchildren ruling over Tox (stqism and irungentoo) that got butthurt because David decided not to pay for their servers any more.
>>
Still no word from Proplex?
>>
>>45820362
He was having gay sex with men and the guy was too rough so his ass prolapsed then he had to go to the hospital which caused his parents to find out about his homosexuality. They disowned him and refused to pay for his medical care meaning he is now homeless. This is the reason he quit Tox so suddenly.
>>
>>45820548
Fuck, Tox devs are really disgusting. First stqism with his bulimia nervosa, then irungentoo with his scat stuff and now proplex with prolapse? Jeez...
>>
>>45812457
>Some 4chan archive now means the Tox Devs are looking to ruin Proplex

Not the devs fault some retards post shit anonymously on 4chan
>>
>>45820574
Tox shills are the worst. At least read the thread before posting.

It were the Tox Foundation members that first disclosed that Proplex had left.
A little after, they started talking on IRC how he tried to "kill tox" because he said he wouldn't run the servers any more.
Even if they didn't create those threads (it's highly likely irungentoo created those), they were still the cause for them.
Destroying an employee's life because he lost faith on your little project isn't the way to go, Tox devs. And pretending to be important by creating this foundation bullshit isn't going to save you.
Everybody already sees what manchildren you are, that got butthurt over proplex quitting.
>>
>>45820581
All I see is you projecting. Anyone could have made the thread saying Lohle was a faggot but you're just assuming it was a tox dev to suit your scheme
>>
>>45820593
> Anyone could have made the thread saying Lohle was a faggot
Still, Proplex leaving and being a "backstabber" was just only a select few tox devs knew. They let this information go into the wild and it's ultimately their fault for being unprofessional that David's life is now destroyed.
Also, stqism and urras were on those threads and said nothing to help the situation, they just contributed to it, once again, fuelling the fire.
>>
>>45820611
What he did was extremely childish. You don't just attempt to ruin an entire project many people have put a lot of time into because of a disagreement.

What he should have done is announced he was no longer going to host for Tox and give devs time to take over hosting so there's little to no downtime. This is what is best for everyone involved and how a grown up would behave.

Do you think people working at big companies decide to just rm -rf * one day because their boss was a bit of a dick to them? No.
>>
>>45820656
>ruin an entire project
He just decided to stop paying for the website, mate. Chill out.

Anyway, if an employee does something wrong on a company, you fire him. You don't disclose how he "betrayed" the company, "backstabbed" colleagues and whatnot.
That's highly unprofessional.
>>
>>45820673
You have no proof Tox devs did anything of the sort so your entire argument is bullshit to start with
>>
EXPOSING YOUR IP TO LITERALLY EVERYONE
TOPKEK M8 GR8 B8 NSA
>>
>>45820688
- Signed: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and >Internet Explorer
>>
>>45820682
> Proplex quits, only the Tox Foundation members know about it
> Suddenly, threads about how his a backstabbing faggot that betrayed tox
> stqism and urras show up and don't defend Proplex, just fuel the fire

Even if they didn't create the threads, what irungentoo almost surely did, they still acted unprofessionally by telling someone outside of the foundation out happened and bad-talking Proplex. They are menchildren playing pretend, as if they were a large organization or something, calling themselves Engineers and whatnot, even though they are community college drop-outs.

It was ultimately the Tox Foundation childish and unprofessional actions that destroyed Proplex's life.
>>
>>45820705
>open source project
>everything is public
and you wonder why people that were not devs found out the faggot left?

you have severe mental issues.
>>
>>45820753
>>everything is public
Of course not. Try joining #tox-secret for example. That's where the devs plan shilling, advertisement strategies, how to kill competitors, etc. It's also where Proplex announced he was leaving, only those people knew about it. And suddenly these "backstabbing faggot" threads popped up? This is clearly the foundation's fault. No wonder Proplex left. What a bunch of unprofessional menchildren.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 29155



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.