[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modular PC - Project Christine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: LinusChristine.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LinusChristine.png
484KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FW78IAfybI

What does /g/ think about this concept?

>concept
>concept
>CONCEPT
>C-O-N-C-E-P-T
>inb4 ">razer shit"

We're talking about the concept, fucktard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FW78IAfybI
>>
razer a shit
>>
>>45650019
ok, kid
>>
>>45650023
swifty plz leave
>>
>>45650004
If you were able to put your own stuff in the modules instead of buying a new GPU module from razer (which will most likely cost a premium), then this concept is pretty much everything I ever wanted since I first heard of mineral oil cooling.
>>
>lets shit up the board with razer products and drive everyone to eight cee aitch eyy nn dot cee ohh
no thanks OP
>>
I admit it... I hate it because I know buliding your pc is finally dead.
>>
>>45650004
The concept already existed.
PC's were always modular.
This is useless shit to earn them more retarded dosh
>>
>>45650067
Not to mention their implementation is retarded lel
Do they literally not have real engineers or something?
>>
>>45650004
Don't think that people are upgrading often enough for this to be viable tbh.
>>
>>45650004
PCs are already modular. You open up the case and take-off/put-on what ever you want. This "concept" is just to make is easy for tech-illiterate norm-fags.
>>
>>45650067
Not every computer is modular. But most are and this project just adds shiny gamorrr housing to standard hardware.
>>
>>45650042
ok, kid

>>45650051
It has been said in the video that theoretically this concept could be extended to all the other manufacturers and create a sort of "ecosystem", much like it is right now (with a single component being "rebranded" by different manufacturers, with slight changes.)

I personally like this, but I wouldn't use it. Sure, this is more like a "plug and play" sorta tool to help newbies get their powerful computer up and running in no time, but aside from being modular, it lacks the "ghetto" and "modding aspect". Even just tying the cables however you want, or choosing which things and how you want them to be is something that should be worth noting. I can see where this is going honestly.

>plug module in
>power on
>done

This is modularity but kicks creativity in the ass. Benchmarking and modding would be dead unless they pull off something of this kind that can still be customizable.

Basically it would become like Apple.
>>
>>45650004
how is it cooled?

>tfw it's probably not passive master race cooling
>>
>>45650055
You are the true definition of autism, good job.

>>45650075
>what is a CONCEPT
>lel

Oh right, nevermind.
>>
>>45650091
>Not every computer is modular
I have never seen an ATX or variant PC that WASN'T modular. Seriously
>>
>>45650108
Apparently, mineral oil. I have yet to understand where the rad / fans to cool said mineral oil are, though.
>>
It seems to be a middle-ground between pre-built and build-your-own PCs where you're paying a (presumably hefty) premium for convenience.
I don't need to swap out PC parts on a regular basis, and honestly I don't know what type of consumer does, so the whole point is pretty much to make building a custom PC even easier.

It looks pretty slick, though not as good as the Level 10 in my opinion. Plus you've got that gaudy Razer logo on the side.

I'm guessing the target audience for this thing is people with lots of disposable income with no practical PC knowledge who are too lazy to watch any of the billion half-hour PC building guide videos yet would like a better PC for gayman.
>>
>>45650111
>exempt from reality
why not make it the size of a penny too then?
It's just a concept, remember?

>nice trips again OP
>>
>>45650108
mineral oil
>>
>>45650051
>yfw Razer actually designed the entire system as an open specification and openly tried to recruit hardware manufacturers to build modules and compete with on another to drive prices down
>>
>>45650140
so it's sitting in a vat of boiling mineral oil?
how does it dissipate heat?
>>
It's stupid and it's going to fail because of proprietary shit.
>>
There's no market for it. Anyone who gives a fuck can put together a PC in their current state, and anyone who doesn't give a fuck can pay someone else to do it. Both options cheaper than this.
>>
>>45650140
Mineral oil in itself does not cool.
>>
>>45650115
Normal desktop computers are modular but there are exceptions like Built-in IntelĀ® computers.
>>
>>45650094
>I'm a cocksucker
>I'm a cocksucker
>I'm a cocksucker
>I'm a proprietary cocksucker.

Thats all i heard.
>Oil Cooling
This is old as fuck
>>
>>45650176
Normal desktop computers are ATX
ATX is always modular.
This whole concept is retarded.
>let's take your modular parts and make them modular
>>
>>45650181
ok, kid
>>
>>45650184
I think they made this because there are actually people retarded enough to not understand how to assembly your own computer from the very beginning.
And trust me, there are.
>>
>>45650133
But the Level 10 was just a fancy case designed as "modular" for thermal performance - it still takes standard parts and PC building know-how. Project Christine is designed to have all of your parts built into "plug an play" style modules and the central tower serves as a sort of "motherboard"
>>
>>45650205
Some people might like the 'modular' concept design and it might have some cooling advantages.
>>
>PSU and water cooler in one module

Why
>>
>>45650247
...convenience, I guess?
So the pump or whatever is powered directly.
>>
>>45650264
>So the pump or whatever is powered directly.
As opposed to indirectly?
How do you indirectly power something
I'd like to know
>>
>>45650218
I wasn't comparing them on function, just aesthetics.
>>
>>45650160
this. The only people that would buy it are 12 year olds that think it's cooler than alienware or the 22 year old babby streamers that would buy a pre built from alienware because theyre too scared of fucking something up, but instead would want this because hurrr i still built it myself

Not enough of a market for it. Normies get pre builts and anyone with some slight knowledge builds it on their own. Anyone buying this would have to be fucking retarded
>>
>>45650275
By running wires.

Also making the psu+wc combo in one slot is even more idiot-proof for those who would buy everything and forget about the most important piece.
>>
Starting price 10k
>>
>Da almighty gay ben XDSDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

And some people here wonder why we hate "gamers".
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.