[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After years of using Google Chrome i finally decided to stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: no_chrome.jpg (14KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
no_chrome.jpg
14KB, 204x247px
After years of using Google Chrome i finally decided to stop doing it.

Shlould i go with Opera or Firefox ?
>>
Firefox. Opera is just baby Chrome, with all the nice features removed.
>>
>>45507814
>>45507814

Chrome is the best browser there is. You can't prove me wrong. The only people that hate it are "le muh free software xD" faggots. How about this, don't do anything illegal and you don't have to worry about being watched?
>>
>>45507832
Maybe if you use Chropera.

>>45507814
Use Opera 12.16
>>
>>45507832
>nice features
such as the spyware
>>
>>45507850
>no side tabs
>stuck with those shitty shaped tabs
Nope, Chrome is unusable.
>>
I would personally go with IE myself
>>
>>45507872
>using Windows
>>
>>45507850
Downloading pretty much any music is illegal. How about you delete your entire music library?
>>
guys, what do you think about my new super comfy css? it gives you a lot of tab space if you have a shitty 1366x768 screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSLmnKhJ4Y
>>
>>45507868
>tree style tabs
do people really actually like this garbage?
why?
it takes more space of your screen and it's ugly as fuck
>>
>>45507893
Because that way I can see more tabs. It also makes the screen less widescreen, which is okay since websites are vertically oriented.
>>
is safair good
>>
>>45507906
Palemoon is the best client for windows
>>
Anybody else have problems with Chrome and webcams?
>>
>>45507910
*Opera 12.17
>>
>>45507910
for osx
>>
>>45507921
chrome has problems with everything
>webcams
>webms
>first start
>loading google.com (the fuck does it takes so log loading its own page)
>>
>>45507942
Opera 12.16
>>
>>45507814
>Chrome
Botnet galore
>Opera
Babby botnet/just Chrome with another logo
>Firefox
SJW-fueled Chrome copycat

Really the only sensible choice here would be something like uzbl, luakit, dwb or surf (or maybe midori). Assuming webkit isn't compromised of course.

Dark times are ahead of us
>>
>>45507950
what about elinks
>>
>>45507942
why do mac laptops suck so hard? they don't have ethernet connection and their wireless cards are a piece of garbage that has problems with tons of routers, not to mention without an ethernet card you can enjoy the speed of fiber connections, wireless is shit for speed. and people still pay 1500$ because of muh design
>>
>>45507814
Go back to Chrome.
>>
>>45507950
>Really the only sensible choice here would be something like uzbl, luakit, dwb or surf (or maybe midori). Assuming webkit isn't compromised of course.
none of those work on windows so they are obviously ignored by normal people
>>
>>45507944
I always used to use Chrome for my webcam and shit, but then a few years ago it just quit working. Now I have to use fucking Internet Explorer.
>>
You'll be back. It's literally the only browser that's good.

>inb4 botnet
Do you have something to hide, pedo?
>>
File: 1417444463387.jpg (25KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417444463387.jpg
25KB, 457x480px
>>45507814
Download a nice fork of firefox if you don't like the normal one enough.
Get on the firefox /g/uide, mess around, enjoy it.

That's what I did a week ago when chromium stopped displaying ebay properly for me, firefox is pretty swell.
Don't mind all the anons on here saying it's slow, it's about as fast if not faster as my chromium was, bunch of addons, scripts, config options.
>>
what's wrong with safurry on osx?

as for windows, palemoon is the real deal, I thought they'd go down after getting away from moozilla but they have adapted most of the addons and created new ones that work great like adblock latitude as an alternative to addblock edge. I'm very happy with this browser which I've been using for quite some time.
>>
>>45508014
It's not as good as Opera 12.16, SeaMonkey, and Firefox
>>
>>45508033
I've used those 3 and I was never happy with them, firefox has become bloated after australis, seamonkey is a 3 in one browser, which I don't like since I don't need some of its features, and above all, it's outdated in the internet browser scene, meaning websites give errors when accessing them with seamonkey. I don't know about opera 12.16 but I used opera a year ago and it was a ram eating bloated monster
>>
File: ButDespiteAllHateIt'sBrettyGud.png (109KB, 679x402px) Image search: [Google]
ButDespiteAllHateIt'sBrettyGud.png
109KB, 679x402px
>>45508033
>tfw
>>
>>45507852
Why would you suggest using ancient software?
Are you going to suggest using Windows XP next?
>>
Ditch chrome, get chromium.
>>
>>45508167
No, but regardless of it being a year old, it's still the best browser.
>>
>>45508057
So basically Firefox re branding.
>>
>>45507814

Chrome may not be perfect but it is the best browser out there.

Firefox is becoming more and more bloated and buggy with each update. Stopped using it completely when I couldn't figure out what is causing page tearing and constant flash crashes.

Opera is too outdated, using is just ridiculous unless you're from 3rd world country where people have low standards and access to modern technology.
>>
>>45507850
I have nothing worth stealing, should I leave my doors unlocked at night?
>>
>>45508312
>I'll just name chrome plus firefox and completely ignore all the others
>>
>>45508196
>it's still the best browser.
That is highly subjective.

What's objective, however, is that Opera 12 is discontinued and outdated.
It's a potential security risk to use it to go online.
>>
>>45508312
I don't see what these stats have to do with anything.
Similar maps show that many countries don't have clean drinking water- does that mean we should poison ours on purpose?

"30 billion flies can't be wrong - shit HAS to taste good!"
- /g/
>>
>>45508312
>couldn't figure out what is causing […] flash crashes

Protip: It's Flash.
Uninstall and enjoy.
>>
Can someone please make a fork of Firefox with WebKit?
We'd have the best of both worlds then and nobody would have any reason to use Chrome.
>>
>>45508529
sure m8 I'm right on it :^)
>>
>>45508529
webkit is kill
>>
>>45508312
>Chrome may not be perfect but it is the best browser out there.

web dev here, all browsers suck. Only question is, which one sucks the least.

And it ain't chrome.
>>
So what's wrong with new Opera? Only feature that's missing is grouping and collapsing tabs.
>>
>tfw stuck with chrome thanks to its extensions
>>
>>45511043
>implying Firefox doesn't have an equivalent or superior version of every imaginable Chrome extension
>>
>>45511014
because ppl even /g/ are living in the past
>>
>>45508494
>It's a potential security risk to use it to go online.
It is, but everything else is absolute shit so there's not really much of a choice.

>>45511014
And a metric buttload of other features.
>>
Torch
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.